[To clarify: I'm not looking to find cheap games to play. I am simply curious if anybody plays/enjoys these $0.99 (base price) games I see on Steam and in bundles all the time.]

So like some others, I'm getting tired of the influx of crappy, one-dollar (USD) shovelware that is flooding the Steam store lately (and seem to find their way OtakuBundle right away). Although I'll generally at least click on the store link before I set "Not Interested" in Steam and "Hide this giveaway" in Steamgifts, I'm starting to form the opinion that maybe I'll never want to play a one dollar game. I'd actually be more likely to play a free game (there are lots of good ones out there), and I've played some good two dollar games also-- I'm hardly somebody who only plays AAA games (just the opposite, really).

In my case, with very few exceptions, I don't really go for pixel graphics, RPGMaker, clicker, or achievement-farming games...and that would seem to account for a good number of one dollar games, as it turns out.

So-- recommend your favorite one dollar games to the Steamgifts community. What diamonds in the rough are there? Are there any nice, story-rich games out there? Any really fun arcade games or point-and-clicks? Any strategy games? Do any of these games not make your eyes bleed?

In the spirit of the topic, here are a few one dollar games for you (level 2) [ENDED]. The only reason I added the basic SGTools check is so that I don't have to contact support before and after key redemption to check activation for those folks who don't have a public games library. It seems silly to protect these games with SGTools, but the new privacy settings are forcing my hand.

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Have you played and really enjoyed any one dollar games?

View Results
Yes, actually quite often
Yes, from time to time
Maybe once, if ever?
Definitely not, they're all pretty much shovelware
I've never played a one dollar game

https://store.steampowered.com/app/367570/oO/

Great game for concentration training.

6 years ago

Ugh, that game would be the end of me...

6 years ago

Closed 6 years ago by trentjaspar.