So what are some movies coming out soonish that you're ready and rarin' to see? Just curious to see what sort of movies people want to see. I'm going to list mine, but let's get the invite-only giveaway out of the way first. That way, if you're not wanting to deal with text walls, you can enter it and then just skip on down to the comments. ^^

Angry Birds: I'm not a fan of the original app (it made me giggle for like five minutes, then i was done), but something about this movie just tickles me funny bone. It's not angry birds, its birds in anger management. And they actually look somewhat like birds now. And so far it still looks like it'll be a better videogame movie than the Resident Evil ones.
Finding Dory: Finding Nemo had a major impact on my childhood. So with the sequel, I've been nothing but cynical. "Looks like a poorly researched cash grab that's going to crap on the first movie's legacy." And while I'm still prepared for the movie to be bad, I think it's the moment that I realized it was going to have a whale shark (favorite shark since I was a kid) and a beluga (favorite whale ever since I got to swim with some) AND that it's going to be set in a marine rehabilitation facility (I used to work with one that focused on dolphins and one that focused on sea turtles and i absolutely love what they do to help the ocean, hence the excite here) ... well, maybe I'm a tiny bit hyped.
The Secret Life of Pets: it's one of those movies that seems to have been made by long-time pet owners who just kinda, you know, get it. As someone with three dogs and five cats, the sibling rivalry between the two dogs is surprisingly accurate (not enough blood to be true-to-life, but hey we gotta keep it kid-friendly). As is the cat's personality (which cat, you ask? so far, all of them). Also the only crap joke I've ever thought was funny, and that's only because of the cat's reaction.
Ice Age: Collision Course: This movie is going to suck. Oh good lord, it's going to be the worst thing BlueSky studios has put out. It's going to make the fourth movie look like Citizen Kane. And that's exactly why I'm so excited to see it. It's going to be an obnoxious, painful trainwreck, and I freakin LOVE movies that are obnoxious and painful trainwrecks. That is contributed to growing up on MST3K. Also Buck is coming back, and I'm still holding on to the blind hope that after all these years that the kid from the first movie will show up.
Godzilla: Resurgence: I love tokusatsu/puppetry stuff, and the practical effects for this new movie (directed by the guy behind neon genesis evangelion, so we can expect an upbeat and simplistic film certainly) so far have looked astounding. Godzilla's design is intimidating and creepy and just looks like a radioactive monstrosity from hell for the first time since, like, the 50's. It's got the gal from the Attack on Titan movies, and she was just absolutely amazing in those. Best of all, it comes out in Japan the day before my birthday!

So yeah. you know, after writing down what i wanna see and why i wanna see it, i realize...i'm kind of a loser.

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

I was excited for Deadpool.
I guess I'm mildly interested in watching Suicide Squad and Captain America Civil War.

(In this period sadly I don't have the time and energies for more complex movies, I'm just looking for something to relax)

8 years ago

X-Men Apocalypse
Captain America: Civil War
Suicide Squad

8 years ago

Keanu
Captain America: Civil War
X-Men: Apocalypse
Doctor Strange
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Star Trek Beyond
Finding Dory

8 years ago*

Warcraft

8 years ago

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them!!! Harry Potter is love, Harry Potter is life.
The Little Prince
The Girl on the Train (just because Emily Blunt.)
While I want to see Finding Dory, I ended up sort of hating Finding Nemo just because I watched it at least 100 times between school (40+ times on substitute teacher/slow days, from the day that it came out til the day that I graduated) and hospitals and buses, it was literally the only film that anybody owned. So even though I was burnt out on the film, I'm sure I'll really love it since Dory is wonderful (in small doses :P).

8 years ago*

8 years ago

8 years ago

Marvel Stuff.
Warcraft, Assassin's Creed, TMNT, Star Wars.Usual geek stuff.

8 years ago

I don't even know a single movie that is going to be released this year lol.

8 years ago

Assassin's Creed, Star Wars, Doctor Strange, Captain America, Warcraft, X-Men, Star Trek

So original :D

8 years ago

Godzilla Resurgence (2016)
The BFG (2016) - Steven Spielberg
Secret Agent (2016)- Jee-woon Kim from I Saw the Devil, A Bittersweet Life, The Good, the Bad, the Weird
The Handmaiden (2016) - Chan-wook Park from Oldboy
Terra Formers - live action manga adaptation, director - Takashi Miike (low budget Miike)
Railroad Tigers - with Jackie Chan
The Neon Demon (2016) - Nicolas Winding Refn, No Ryan Gosling unfortunately

8 years ago*

Don't forget Sausage Party! Check its trailer. xD

8 years ago

1. Suicide Squad
  2. Captain America Civil War
  3. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
  4. X-Men Apocalypse
  5. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
  6. Assassin's Creed
  7. Finding Dory
  8. The Conjuring 2
  9. Now You See Me 2
  10. Inferno

LEAST EXCITED FOR:

1. TMNT 2
  2. Ghostbusters
  3. Alice Through The Looking Glass
  4. The Huntsman: Winter's War
  5. Ratchet and Clank
  6. Divergent: Allegiant
  7. The Legend of Tarzan
8 years ago*

Suicide Squad - Its been giving me goosebumps ever since the first teaser trailer. From the promo material its looking just like I expect it to.

Independence Day: Resurgence - I enjoyed the first one, this one looks pretty good, one of those sit down and turn off your brains for a while movies.

Captain America: Civil War - Not like the comics but none of them have been, but from all the promo material thats been going around I have not seen a single item thats made me think maybe I shouldn't see this in theaters.

X-Men: Apocalypse - Looks great, better then the last movie and I enjoyed the last movie. Only a couple of things in the promos have made me yell at the screen "Why they hell did you put this in the trailer you should have saved that as a surprise for everyone!!!!" But still looks great.

Jason Bourne - I enjoyed the first 3, this one is looking just as good. The 4th one was ok but not as good as the first 3.

Rogue One - Its a heist movie that takes place in the star wars universe.... the idea is awesome. :D

Doctor Strange - Looks amazing and just how I pictured the movie would look like too.

Godzilla: Resurgence - I'm a big Godzilla fan, love all the original movies, even have Godzilla sitting on my desk protecting it!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows - I was very surprised by how much I enjoyed the first one... it didn't suck.... I have higher hopes for this one, Bebop and Rocksteady look pretty decent.

Star Trek: Beyond - I was looking forward to that... then the trailer came out... I'll reserve judgement when the next trailer comes.

Ghostbusters - I was looking forward to that... then the trailer came out... and the promo material showing "Kevin" as being super dumb. How dumb you might ask? I've seen bricks that were smarter.

I had high hopes for Batman v Superman... and then the trailers came out with that really annoying Lex and dumb looking dooms day. Then all the bad reviews started coming out. I've never seen myself do a 180 like that for how much I was looking forward to a movie to how much I wish they had not made it. BUT they have talked about doing a 3 hour cut of the movie for blu-ray and I have even heard that there is/was a 4 hour cut of the movie. If so that would explain all the bad editing that people said there was. Just to let you know how much I was looking forward to BvS, I thought it was going to kick Deadpools ass and I was flipping over the moon waiting for Deadpool. So far I think Deadpool is right up there in my top 3 favorite movies now, Spaceballs and Princess Bride are tied for number 1, Deadpool is like just a tiny bit behind them.

8 years ago

8 years ago

Captain America! Its coming out the day after my birthday so ill have a very fun weekend :D

8 years ago

Keanu
Key and Peele fanboy am I.

8 years ago

Big Fish & Begonia - Movie by the Legend of Korra team
The Handmaiden - Director of the Vengeance trilogy
Secret Agent - Director of I Saw the Devil and The Good, the Bad, the Weird
Suicide Squad - Liked Ayer's End of Watch and Jared Leto is an amazing actor
Kubo and the Two Strings - The vibe and artstyle intrigues me
Silence - Martin Scorsese's next film
Sully - Tom Hanks is great and Clint Eastwood is a good director
Doctor Strange - Marvel has the potential to finally make is unique movie instead of the generic hero vs villain plot. Cumberbatch, Swinton, Mikkelsena, Ejiofor
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - No J.J. Abrams. Felicity Jones, Donnie Yen, Mads Mikkelsen.
A Monster Calls - Director of The Impossible

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.