Hello SG community,
So this is combo thread celebrating 2 things. The first thing is that I got a new phone. The phone is iPhone SE 16 BG silver (please don't unleash the hell on me for my decision.) I still respect the android users. I had a android OS phone and it betrayed me so bad so I decided to look somewhere else. I like the concept of iOS and I think I will find new features daily and I'm really happy right now because I earn all the money for it all by myself.
The second things is that I finally arrange a real life puzzle 2000 pieces. I'm big fan of real puzzles and this is my first "big one". The size is 136x48 centimeters. The proccess was not that long I think my father and I arrange it for like 2-3 weeks tops. After we arranged it of course it stayed on the table for 1 month, because we were both very lazy to take the final step of gluing it. We needed to find good surface not too thick and not too slim. After gluing it I drove it to be framed. The decision of chosing the frame was very hard. The frame should match every part of the puzzle. But this puzzle have light and dark spots and not every frame matched the puzzle. And if anyone is wondering why I didn't take picture of it on the wall where it should be, its because that the guy who should come and drill the holes in the wall isn't comming yet, and I'm sick of waiting to create this thread.
I will take picture of the puzzle when it's on the wall and will post it on this thread.
The funny thing is that the puzzle was ready way before me getting the phone, but I didn't have any device which could take pictures....so thats why I'm doing just now.
TL;DR- I got new phone and arranged 2000 piece puzzle :)
Puzzle Inception
Sorry for any english mistakes

UPDATE:

Finally on the fucking wall............

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Have you ever arranged a real puzzle?

View Results
Yes
No
I only like online puzzles

I always wanted to make a RL puzzle..

7 years ago

bumpy

7 years ago

Bump for great justice

7 years ago

Thx, solved and bumped. :)

7 years ago

Bump

7 years ago

bump

7 years ago

BUMP

7 years ago

spikes the thread in the air

I expected a 2000 piece puzzle and i am severely disappointed. Step up your game!

7 years ago

LOL
I hope jigidi will let us to do that one day :)

7 years ago

Congratulations :)

7 years ago

BUMP for reaching the end :) Nice train :)

7 years ago

Bump!

7 years ago

I love jigsaw puzzles. Biggest I've done so far is a 2500, and I usually don't do puzzles less than 1000 pieces anyway. I dream of doing a 3000 or 4000 piece puzzle some day <3 I only wish I had a more convenient space for working on them other than the basement. The rest of the house is carpeted and I tend to do large puzzles that eventually don't fit on the table. Plus, with a couple little ones due in October I don't want too many swallowing hazards around the house anyway (even if it's in a part of the house they may never go into.) Just a bit of overprotective maternal paranoia, I guess :P

7 years ago

Finally a puzzle lover in this thread, even hardcore. Welcome xD
I've seen one in the store 6000 peices, around 130 euro.

7 years ago

Yeah, I've eyed a few online since the few stores that sell puzzles around here usually only have a few 2000 piece puzzles. For me, the image is as important as the piece count. If I'm going to spend weeks working on something I want the end result to be an image I like (and would possibly frame.) I've browsed the selection at http://www.puzzlewarehouse.com/ and the biggest one that I would be interested in doing is Astrology. There are some truly massive ones but the images just don't appeal to me. Taking it down a notch there's The Tower of Babel at 5000, Flowers for the Queen with 4000, and really it's quite hard to make up my mind with the selection of 3000 piece puzzles.

But those are just the big dreams. I'm quite happy sticking to 1000-2000 piece puzzles for the most part. But one day..... one day..... ;)

7 years ago

Yep here in Bulgaria there is not such variety in big puzzles I think if I'm going after a Big one will buy it from another country

7 years ago

Bump for solved!

7 years ago

Thanks a bunch! Enjoyable puzzle.

7 years ago

What time do the giveaways end? I have a few giveaways ending tomorrow, and I might reach level 3 if the winners mark them as received soon enough.

7 years ago

They all end tomorow.

7 years ago

I made to level 3 in time! Thanks for the giveaways!

7 years ago

Wow man great :)

7 years ago

Solve bump! The biggest puzzle I have ever done was actually a 3d puzzle of New York, it was over 3 thousand pieces. The Jigsaw part of 3d puzzles is pretty easy (although sorting through 3000+ pieces is time consuming), the hard part is building the structure after you got all the parts done. I left that puzzle up for months after putting it together :)

7 years ago

Hmmm 3D puzzle never thought of it. My appartment is not that big to have a 3D puzzle in it. 2D are store very easily.

7 years ago

Ha Ha, when reading the title, i thought you made a Jigidi with 2000 pieces! :D
Congratulations!

7 years ago

puzzle bump

7 years ago

The biggest jigsaw I did was 3000 pieces.

But I've been eying this one: https://www.bol.com/nl/p/ravensburger-onderwaterparadijs-puzzel-van-9000-stukjes/1004004011328982/

The biggest one I found was this one: https://www.ravensburger.com/nl/producten/puzzels/volwassenen/new-york-city-window-17837/index.html
You need an entire room for that one!

Ohhh and thanks for the train!

7 years ago

WOW 3000 is big achievement, can you share a picture of it?

7 years ago

I am sorry can't give you a picture of it.

I never glue and frame my jigsaws, I just box them again for future (re)use :)

7 years ago

Ahh I guess next time xD

7 years ago

Nope, never gonna happen, I am against glueing jigsaws, it seems such a waste of a good jigsaw to me!
And it doesn't give you really fine art cause it is always clearly a jigsaw.

I am happy for you that you like to do it and want the jigswas on your wall and I fully respect that!
It makes you happy and that's what counts! xD

I am just happy with the relaxing hours I spend on a jigsaw and the feeling of acomplishment you get when you finally put in the last piece and then I box them again.

7 years ago

I never mention glueing it?
You can take picture when it's just ready on the table.

7 years ago

Ohhh right....guess I misread, sorry!

Yes, THAT I can do! xD

7 years ago

but andr... ok :(

7 years ago

xD

7 years ago

Congrats.

But screw iOS.

Still, congrats.

7 years ago

Bump and thanks!

7 years ago

I'm more worried with

1. not your grammar, your english is fine, in fact better than other atrocities I've seen <Mickeymouse ripping his own eyes meme>
  2. not that there was a 2000 pieces puzzle. Kudos for that! :)
  3. not that the hard choice of a good frame for it, must be the right one, frame it's important.

Finally, it's NOT that how you and your dad managed to puzzle it back together, but why on earth must you wait for a guy to drill a hole in your wall??
I mean, you solved it, you glued it to a nice back wooden plank right to the puzzle, but didn't want to or know how to drill and hang it?

Oh, I forgot! didn't you had a cheap digital camera? meaning since you've born, all the birthday parties, all the gatherings, all those moments are GONE because you guys didn't have anything to take a picture? Really? oh boy, oh boy!

hahah please take my message for what it is, a little joke trying to trigger a smile and funny comebacks (replies).

I will now attempt to solve your jigidi puzzle, see how it goes! :D

btw, my sister did that too, no frame tho, just a smaller puzzle with the plank (mdf?) behind it.

ps. BAMP! XD

Nothing for me, was fun tho! 23m29s :P

7 years ago*

We have a cheap digital cammera and I had a HTC Desire X smartphone which overheated. I'm waiting for the guy to drill the wholes because in my family we don't own a drill in the first place. xD. I didn't take picture with the digital cammera because I was too lazy to go buy new batteries.

7 years ago

thanks for your honest reply my friend, it actually explains a lot :P
Plus it's funny how you busted your arse to buy your own iPhone yet don't own basic powetools or an AC/DC adapter for... for example that cheap camera XD

not judging, I'm sure that I don't have things many others have, stuff happens and it's just the way it is!
Anyhow that wide puzzle looks really nice, and I don't have one to hang, how about that? :P

ps I have an android, (few months ago stll had a pretty old Nokia N95! tha was symbian btw)
I like having options despite the shortcomings it may have

7 years ago

bump

7 years ago

Bump, thank you!

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.