7 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

The comments section of that article, the discussion over there, holy shit O_O
Seriously, what is wrong with them?

7 years ago

I didn't read too many, but people are extremely weird. If you know anything about the Drakengard games, one of the most likeable characters is a child rapist in one of them. So there you go.

7 years ago

The first audio theme is called "J'Nique Nicole", which has a weird meaning in French :-) J'nique is the short for "je nique", which means "I f*ck", and Nicole is a girl name

7 years ago

It's the performer's nom-de-scène. Or niquename. ;)
Not the song's title.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

7 years ago

I want original NieR for PC, too!

7 years ago

This. I hate playing games out of sequence, although I believe in this case they arent related.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

7 years ago

Really? Guess I was wrong. Thanks for correcting me.

7 years ago

Awesome news, should get good exposure

7 years ago

I would love to see the first one on PC as well, but at least we have this.

Now let's hope "this" is actually good. I don't think anyone wanted a Nier sequel, as it was wrapped up pretty well. Not to mention the latest Platinum games AND ports haven't been... great to say the least.

7 years ago*

don't know nier, but it looks interesting.

7 years ago

Awesome! :D
Now I wonder why this is getting a pc port while FFXV is undecided ;_;.

7 years ago

why FFXV is undecided

marketing, they want to lure you into buying a console, just wait a bit

7 years ago

Already own a PS4 so too late D:.
Still prefer to play on pc since the family likes to hog the t.v. ;_;.

7 years ago

This is just awesome. I thought about buying the console only because of Nier, but now... >;3

7 years ago

Excellent!

7 years ago

I'm happy but also sad because

1. One less reason reason for me to get a PS4.
  2. I'm probably going to need a new GPU if I want to max the game/get no dips on it for PC. 670 getting old.

I really hope the PC port isn't bad.

7 years ago

Why would you wanna get a PS4 when a new upgraded version of the PS4 is ALREADY coming out? Consoles get outdated fast.

7 years ago

I plan on getting a NEO if it isn't too pricey. I need it for KH3 and other games. :/

7 years ago

goddamn,if KH3 would get a PC release i guess the ps4 users would be a lot less... that title alone makes the console mustbuy.

7 years ago

I've heard Square/Disney have a weird thing with KH, where they don't sell it digitally. (None of the KH games are available on PSN store)

So unless this weird thing changes, KH will never come to PC.

7 years ago

I've heard the same thing as you. Too bad because I don't really want a PS4 if I could just play them (KH or other titles) on PC. Will probably get one way down the line, though.

7 years ago

nice waiting for it :) thanks

7 years ago

Ah, yes. Another port that will be mishandled and done without care to rush it out just to make more money. And then, when it needs to be fixed, where is the support? Nowhere to be seen. Squenix and Crapcom have both proven this to be true.

IE- one of the many reason I stopped trying to play FF13(never bought the others) was the audio issues. No volume control making it impossible to hear anything unless you have a good headset, which I don't. So the other day, I decided to reinstall after a year and a half and give it another go. Well, no fixes to anything at all.

I say the same will happen to ALL Squenix pc ports.

7 years ago

one of the many reason I stopped trying to play FF13(never bought the others) was the audio issues. No volume control making it impossible to hear anything unless you have a good headset

wut? i can play FF13 with speakers just fine

7 years ago

I had mine turned up max and could STILL barely hear anything. And I'm not the only one that had that issue.

7 years ago

So you bought one mediocre port and claim future ports to be bad?

Also, what Capcom game turned out to be a bad port?

7 years ago

Resident Evil Remake, pc port of SFV (from people I know), RE 6, RE 4 port, There have been many.

7 years ago

Resident Evil Remake, 4, 6, and, Street Fighter V are good ports for the majority. If they were as bad as you say they were, they would be bombarded with negative reviews.

Based on your audio issue with Final Fantasy XIII, it's likely your PC's.

7 years ago

Mine and thousands of other people on the web. I've been searching fixes. I'm not the ONLY one with it.

7 years ago

Did you pull that number out of thin air? Only found one thread with 3 replies related to your problem. They also seem to have found a solution.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/292120/discussions/0/613938693103662465/

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

7 years ago

Nude Mod

PCMASTERRACE

7 years ago

first game was absolutely beautiful. one of my favourites.

7 years ago

OH YESH!

7 years ago

I take the liberty to bump this because there are fresh news (maybe ?) : Gematsu obtained in a Square Enix press kit a trailer in which the game is stated to be released the 10th of March. That's pretty soon, and 3 days after the PS4 version.

The trailer was quickly pulled from the press kit and replaced with a version in which only the PS4 release date appears. People are speculating that Sony might have made a marketing deal with Square Enix to keep the PC release secret in order for people to believe it's a PS4 exclusivity. The PC version was almost never mentioned or shown, until a recent stream in which Yosuke Saito, NieR's producer, said that the PC release could be slightly delayed due to piracy issues (people suspect that means Denuvo could be implemented in last minute).

NeoGAF user madjoki (maybe it's our madjoki ?) found out that the trailer in which the Steam release date is mentioned was rendered after the PS4 only version.

A few retailers here and there are stating the game will be released the 10th of March, too (however, it could be a placeholder date).

When asked about the PC release, Yoko Taro said he couln't answer because he would get in trouble with Square Enix (maybe it was a joke), and on another occurrence, he said he didn't know.

I just thought it could be of interest to some people here and I would love to hear what people have to say about this supposed marketing deal. I, personally, can't wait for the game to be released, hence why I am dying for any form of information on the PC release.

August 2016 : Yoko Taro announces the PC version

Steam release date trailer

PS4 only version trailer

NeoGAF thread discussing the matter

View attached image.
7 years ago*

It looks awesome :O

7 years ago

Thanks, boss!

7 years ago

Glad some people on SG want this game inside of them too :-D

7 years ago

Well, it's supposedly March, but I supposed it could be delayed.

I just thought it could be of interest to some people here and I would love to hear what people have to say about this supposed marketing deal. I, personally, can't wait for the game to be released, hence why I am dying for any form of information on the PC release.

though I entirely think this won't bring anything interesting to hear that you may have not already heard or seen for others games that have had the same experience* (like Dead Rising 4 is releasing on Steam soon too, but... Windows Store... is a different story)

I think the only info you'll be getting is speculation from now until an official release or it shows up on Steam with a date

7 years ago

Yeah, I wasn't expecting to get insider info here indeed ! I just wanted to spread awareness a bit and maybe speculate with other people to pass time.

Anyway, maybe I'll come back to this thread if discussions spark or when I have infos to post.

7 years ago

Heh heh.. see ya in two weeks (10 days)! just since I doubt we'll have anything concrete till either around its release date or a day or two before, and if we have no PC date by then then super rippppppp.. probably a few weeks or several months in the worst case, I think

edit: at least it might give me more time to go finish NieR before deciding on the PC price.. though I would prefer as soon as possible for everyone.

7 years ago

That looks kinda amazing

7 years ago

I have no idea about the controversial history of the franchise, but Automata seems really cool from what I've seen of gameplay and the music is pretty good ♫♪
NieR:Automata/ニーア オートマタ: テーマ曲
Boss Theme I + vocals from Song of the Ancients (Fate)

7 years ago

Is there a steam store page up for it yet?

7 years ago

No, not yet, and no trace on SteamDB (but japanese games tend to appear suddenly right before release or at release as far as I know).

7 years ago

Bump.

The game appeared briefly on Square Enix Store, the date will be March 17

The store page will be up at this address (not available at the time I'm writing).

7 years ago

alright, myself. I have.. two weeks to go finally finish NieR to prepare.

7 years ago

No console, so no candy for me D:

But I'll read about Drakengard and NieR, and maybe watch videos so I catch up on the lore. Have fun with NieR !

7 years ago

Atleast it's on steam, will probably pick it up in a future.

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.