Hello,

I’ve noticed this behavior for a while and finally decided to make a post.

On SG’s front page, you can click the gear icon above the list of giveaways to configure a handful of filters, one of which is to “Hide games you already own”. I’ve enabled it and it seems to work for base games since I never see any base games I own visible on the front page. However, there’ve been a dozen times where I noticed a DLC I own still visible on the front page, and thus I can reasonably assume the filter doesn’t work for any DLCs at all.

Is this a bug, an oversight/missing feature or something else? I’d love to see it improved so that DLCs are correctly hidden as well. Thank you!

11 months ago

Comment has been collapsed.

this is because of how steam displays the games you own, it does not list the DLC's. Using my library for an example... go look up civ V/VI... I own all/most the DLC for both but it will only show that I own the game.

SG can only see what games you own, but not the DLC's.
you can just click the hide this game button for all the DLC you own to never see them again

11 months ago

I see! I had a hunch it might be a technical limitation SG couldn’t do anything about, thank you for the explanation!

11 months ago

Hi, Yes, SG don't hide DLCs you own. You want to hide them or be careful to not enter the GAs
I understand that it's the way that SG communicates with Steam. It's been always like this.
peace!

11 months ago

Hi, thank you for the explanation! I’ll make sure to be careful then. Have a nice day :)

11 months ago

Closed 11 months ago by xurc.