Rumors, gossiped by developers in Developers-Only Steam Group, says "In past sale events, we’ve asked for two discounts—a duration discount that runs for the length of the sale, and a feature discount that runs in the event that a game is featured on the front page. This year, to optimize the sale for customers and to allow us to feature and recommend your products in more ways to more customers, we’re asking for just one discount, to run the length of the sale.
We’ll still be highlighting top games on the front page for 24-48 hour spans, but those products will stay at their most competitive discount, before and after being featured. It’s not a major change, but it does make the sale a lot more valuable for customers, and it allows us to build sale tools that highlight and recommend products all sale long, instead of just during front page features."

Dark Side of the Refunds, I guess...

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Worst Steam Sales incoming?

View Results
Yes, no need to return after day 1
No, one day to purchase them all

What i get from this:

Steam believes we are Cash Cows and not Dogs

8 years ago

I prefer this new mode. And i bet devs will prefer it as well.

You couldnt always get flash sales for a reason or another, this way you will have time to examine your options and you will have plenty of time.

On the devs side, well, people was always waiting to open the wallets in case a game they were expecting was on sale, and missed a sale of another, and at the end, customers missing both sales because they left one offer go and the one they expected never appeared.

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.