https://store.steampowered.com/app/393380/Squad/

I'm asking how folks found out about Squad being free this weekend because I would have liked to have known sooner. I don't always open Steam, because another app (Playnite) is a better way for me to check my already-owned games. And so, I didn't find out until Sunday afternoon, which isn't really enough notice for me to DL the game and give it a try. Searching the SG discussions yielded no reference to it.

If anyone knows a good website for finding out about this kind of free-weekend, please share a link.

Playnite makes one place to view what I have in Steam, GOG, Epic, Amazon, EA and Ubisoft.

1 year ago

Comment has been collapsed.

How did you find out about this free weekend for playing Squad?

View Results
This post.
I saw it in Steam News.
I saw it on a website that is good for this kind of info.

Saw it on Steam News. Don't you have the game wishlisted and have wishlist notifications/e-mails turned on?

Oftopic: How is Playnite? Does it also require you to launch the other launchers?

1 year ago

I don't have this game wishlisted... I'm really just whining that I find out about these kinds of opportunities later than I'd like.

Regarding Playnite [much more info in this thread]

Upon clicking a game title in Playnite, the appropriate launcher launches, and the game then launches, all in that one click. From a user perspective, no, you don't have to launch the launcher. From a things-running-on-my-system perspective, yes, the store's launcher will also be running.

I like being able to look in one place to see if I already own something, especially when browsing GA's. I don't want to win a game on Steam that I already own on GOG or Epic, unnecessarily depriving another SG community member from getting a game they don't have yet.

1 year ago*

1 year ago

Thanks. I'd had that bookmarked, but now I've moved it to my 'bookmarks bar' front and center.

1 year ago

This same thing happened to me with the IndieX Sale going on right now... https://store.steampowered.com/curator/41213476/sale/IndieX2022

Just restarted Steam to see if it would popup any promo's and it does show Squad as one of the 11 promo's and saying it's a free weekend.

1 year ago

Why does this thread sound more like an advertisement for Playnite?
"Playnite makes one place to view what I have in Steam, GOG, Epic, Amazon, EA and Ubisoft."

1 year ago

That's really not my intent, and it's funny that you say that...

From another perspective, this thread is emphasizing the disadvantage of opening Playnite instead of opening Steam (and seeing the Steam News).

1 year ago*

thanks for telling us but my internet is so slow it would likely take me long to install it than it is on the free weekend

1 year ago

I'm in the same boat, wig.

1 year ago

:(

1 year ago

1 year ago

This

1 year ago

Nice!

I like how the gg.deals link has both free games and free weekends.
Thanks

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.