Howdy, gang! I've been enjoying making weekly giveaways via small puzzles, and if I keep doing it, making a thread for each one is gonna end up being a total mess in the forums, sooo I figured I'd keep it all in here! Every week, more or less, I'll put up a new 2solve puzzle that leads to a pretty good game - most of the time I'll just outright be buying some cool stuff, I could make y'all go through the extra hoops to get some bundled games, but ehhh. I wanna go above and beyond. Down below'll be the write-up for the newest puzzle, then below that'll be a little chart with the puzzles from past giveaways, if you feel like giving 'em a try for the fun of it. Most of my puzzles are pretty simple - connecting themes, usually related to the game itself. While my puzzles will always be solvable with a bit of thinking or research, I'll fully admit: if you're a fan of the series/game I'm giving away, you'll probably be a bit more likely to figure it out. That's somewhat intentional - while it'll never be a requirement to solve things, as past participants can attest, it's nice for games to go to people who'll enjoy them! Not just collectors. If you're stuck on the current puzzle, and you haven't done the old ones, try 'em. Might help you figure out how my brain works.

Off-week this week - but I put up my Humble Monthly leftovers in the group. If you're not in the group yet, just solve any of the puzzles from Escape Simulator onwards to get the link!

Here lies giveaways from the past. A nice and simple chart, game given, link to its puzzle, and the solve percentage and entrants, mostly for the hell of it. I like to keep track of that kind of thing. Numbers are cool. Most recent giveaways are at the top, older at the bottom!

Game Puzzle Solve Percentage Entrants
DREDGE Link 16.0% 53
NieR: Automata Link 24.2% 51
Cult of the Lamb Link 32.5% 75
Gunfire Reborn Link 14.7% 42
DAVE THE DIVER Link 67.4% 77
Escape Simulator Link 27.1% 41
Risk of Rain Returns Link 46.6% 52
Inscryption Link 34.1% 49
Darkest Dungeon II Link 29.4% 68
Persona 5 Royal Link 29.6% 184
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Link 20.5% 90
6 months ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 months ago.

6 months ago

Bump!

6 months ago

Bump! :)

6 months ago

Can we get a hint for the puzzle for Darkest Dungeons that has ended? I wasn't sure where to start with that one. 🙂

6 months ago

Afflictions

6 months ago

I swear I looked at the afflictions and couldn't get anything right after many tries and moved on.

6 months ago

I think a few of them were Virtues instead.

6 months ago

Hmmm...struggling a bit with the current puzzles. I've gotten most of them, but I'm stuck on 3 and 6. Thought I had 3 a couple of times, but nope. :D

6 months ago

same here. definitely the hardest of the lot this time around for me.

6 months ago

3's still killin me. im abt to just brute force it, but so inelegant

6 months ago

I tried and still didn't get it. Still stuck on 6 as well. I have so many other things to do right now that I've just walked away for the time being. I've tried hundreds of freaking answers. No idea.

6 months ago

I know google led me to the answer on a couple of them.
pretty sure 3 was the one I brute forced(all I remember it was one of the first few) with every name off the wiki page I was using to solve the rest.

6 months ago

bump 😉

6 months ago

bump!

6 months ago

Still don't get it question 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8. Maybe I'm a little dumb for this one xd

6 months ago

I love your puzzles, have a bump!

6 months ago

Bump, thanks!

6 months ago

solved bump

6 months ago

Bump for solved

6 months ago

Bump for the newest giveaway - Risk of Rain Returns!

I've been vaguely considering making a steam group for giveaways, for no reason other than it'd be neat. I don't really want to deal with moderation, though, nor do I want to deal with enforcing some level of group participation outside of my own giveaways. And at that point, why not just stick to these puzzles...? I dunno. Thinking about it, though. Would be cool to have a group of like-minded gifters 'n all that.

6 months ago

bumps for solved :)

6 months ago

Bump for solved (Risk of Rain Returns)

6 months ago

Bump.

6 months ago

ðŸĪœðŸĪ›

6 months ago

BUMP

6 months ago

bump

6 months ago

Bump!

6 months ago

Bump for solved!

6 months ago

Got 9 out of 10 on Persona 5 and ran out of horse power. (still has been fun!)

6 months ago

bump!

6 months ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 months ago.

6 months ago

a I'm-wondering-why-/-how-this-thread-hasn't-been-bumped-for-this-long bump for solvin 4/5 : )

6 months ago

Bump for the newest giveaway - Escape Simulator!

I decided that I would, in fact, create a steam group. It's nothing fancy in the slightest, right now it's just purely barebones. I'll probably drop some small giveaways in it here and there, and I'd encourage others to toss some giveaways in as well, if they'd like to make sure they go to people who've actually (vaguely) worked for their entrance. There won't be any giving-related requirements, though, I'm not interested in hosting anything that intense. Feel free to submit a join request once you've solved the puzzle, though! The link is inside.

In other news, I won my first non-group giveaway since my return to the site. Neat! I also ended November at -4.07 expected gifts, which is kind of funny. So it goes, though!

6 months ago

Speaking of the group, on account of some region-lock-related issues, I ended up having to send Risk of Rain Returns via a steam gift instead of the key, so the key is still valid. I'll probably give that away in the group if the group gets like, I don't know, ten people in it? So there's that to look forward to, at least.

6 months ago

Hmm, I am stuck on Q3, but there is already one solver.
Have a bump!

Edit: solve it after a few more tries :P

6 months ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.