Since patch 1.3 Terraria now has full steam integration, so it's easier than ever to team up and play.
The game also has steam achievements now.

Anyone want to team up on the fishing quest? 200 takes a while to solo, and you can in fact share the fishing quest since it's active for all characters on that same day.
If anyone needs their world terraformed - I've constructed the mining mount,. it just tears a world apart silly fast. Let me know.

8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

this is very close to begging... i don't mind, but be carefull

8 years ago

Hm,. i can see how that may be misinterpreted - updated a bit.

8 years ago

The new way you've phrased it is possibly worse, as now it looks like a trade.

8 years ago

grr,. there's really no right way to phrase it i guess.

8 years ago

maybe add that you promise to return it? and send a hug in addition? ;)

not into Terraira at the moment, so don't know how these kind of things work there
oh, and good luck!

8 years ago

That works i guess. Updated.

achievements done - just fishing to go e.a.

8 years ago*

Currently, the OP looks OK to me.

8 years ago

I don't have the items you're referring to, but if you or anyone wants someone to do MP with I'd be willing. I've been back into the game a bit lately since 1.3

8 years ago

I've just started it and I'm quite noobish :^)

trying an expert mode world :D

8 years ago

I haven't got the fishing quest achievements yet, so I'm willing to team up for them. (: would appreciate a post-hardmode world though, since the rewards are better and I'm still trying to get that silly sponge and bucket. >>

8 years ago

achievement boyz team up

8 years ago

Slow to solo? How does being solo make a difference? You'd still need to wait at least 200 in-game days to do it either way (without making multiple worlds to "farm" the quest). My best advice it to do the quest at every opportunity and you should have it by the time you get all the other achievements. Leaving the game on whenever you're not doing anything so that the time would still progress also helps.

Edit: Oh, nvm, I see you already progressed through most of the game. Well, you can "farm" quests by constantly making new (small) worlds, running/flying to the edge and quickly completing the quest for the Angler. Should be faster than actually waiting for a day to pass in your world. Obviously this doesn't work so well with other people. :P

8 years ago*

It still takes a lot of time. I'm at 50 quests done and when I think I need 150 more to 100% the game I get so upset.

8 years ago

Actually, you can put a box next to you at the start of the day. Keep fishing until evening and putting quest fish into the box.
Then bring all those quest fish with you and put them in a box near the npc - all players that log in can each turn in a quest fish once - so you can keep making new characters. It's still a hassle though.

Plus being in a party helps kill time, as it's less boring :P

8 years ago

I was left with the impression that it's character based and wouldn't progress for that specific character if another one hands it in. Then again, I didn't need to test that since I managed hit 200 shortly before finishing everything else. If that works I guess it would be a decent way to do it faster.

8 years ago*

Only the golden fishing rod is character based,. and world based for that matter - meaning you have to do it on 1 character in 1 world. The 200 achievement is global. :)

8 years ago

Im just waiting for Terraria:Otherworld

8 years ago

Terraria is mad complex. It's been sucking my life since 1.3.

Thank god for Duke Fishron, boss so hard I'm taking a hiatus for now so I can play other stuff :)

8 years ago

Closed 3 years ago by BBR.