E3 2020 has been canceled due to the fear of COVID-19 spreading, It's been reported that some attendees will proceed to have their showcases streamed online but nothing has really been confirmed yet.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2020-canceled-officially/1100-6474647/

4 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

"#metoo"

4 years ago

And nothing of value was lost.

4 years ago

How come? E3 is the biggest gaming expo of the entire year, it's there most of the games are announced.

4 years ago

Can do announcements online without the cringe in between every trailer.

4 years ago

You can also watch the announcements online and let others enjoy the show.

4 years ago

But the cringe was the best part of the E3!

4 years ago

It's an event for publishers to deceptively advertise and over-hype their upcoming Products. If they ever do come out (rip Prey 2). And as BAG mentioned make fools of themselves while doing so.

The expo itself isn't needed to do that, as Nintendo figured out long ago and Sony more recently.

4 years ago

watching game trailers online works just fine.
i like how Nintendo is doing it, no need to watch cringy hype person on stage speaking how his game is good
or something like devolver. they ruled E3

EDIT: took me too long to type! glad its a shared opinion

4 years ago

Well it seems like a lot of things get leaked these days and there's not really great surprises anymore for one. It's just not what it used to be. The primary reason I would watch is for a Nintendo presentation or their 'Treehouse' segments showing off gameplay and as alluded to they can just put this content out there themselves on Youtube. It seems like increasingly, nostalgia for the event outweighs its utility or necessity.

P.S. - not that the reason or concerns for cancelling it aren't genuine, but I will say that it does make a convenient excuse for an event that was already having some issues and bad PR before the whole coronavirus thing took off

4 years ago*

^^

4 years ago

lol the COVID-19 also kills hype conventions.

4 years ago

I'm starting to worry about all these upcoming concerts I've got tickets for.

4 years ago

Yeah, I've got tickets for a festival in April and preparing for the probability of it being cancelled hurts. :(

4 years ago

Exactly my situation. I also have tickets for a festival in April. :/

4 years ago*

nooo the cringe compilations :(

4 years ago

On the bright side, perhaps some of the demos will be made publicly available.

4 years ago

E3 more like e pee haha

But yeah I don't really care about it.

4 years ago

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

E3 cancelled in the year a new generation of consoles comes out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPpzHYKpndk

4 years ago

Welp, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't come back next year, E3 has been in decline for quite some time and this might just be the push it needed to finally die.

4 years ago

There's wont be any conventions left in 2020 at the rate we're going.
There's starting to be rumblings of the next gen consoles being pushed back too due to the impact the virus is having on manufacturing.

4 years ago

Amen. E3 has been nothing but cringe and false advertising for years now.

4 years ago

Now every single company who was thinking of going to E3 is forced to find alternative plans. They will see how well those alternative plans work this year. They will get all the information they need to see if going to E3 next year is worth the expense.

If any of them have asked the E3 organisers "how does it benefit us to come to E3 ?", they will now know which answers were lies.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

4 years ago

My trip back home has been cancelled as well :(

4 years ago

it's a shame. I like watching the streams. but already figured this would happen.

4 years ago

The only things I like about E3 are the new trailers and the game sales...& I don't need an expo for either

4 years ago

I never been or planned on going to an e3 event so no loss there, only thing I looked foward to e3 was the trailers and new game/system announcements that come.

Kind of a downside though of them canceling it the same year the new consoles are supposedly coming out, this would have been maybe the event to get more information on the two new consoles.

4 years ago

Devolver will deliver, same as in the previous three years. Of course, they were never actually invited at the E3, but that didn't stop them anyway. Some quality gaming satire from 2017, in the link below.

https://youtu.be/NHOWFfxs1fg?t=80

4 years ago

Well, that's going to cut into the youtubers business. First Wall Street. Now Youtube. No corner of the universe left alone.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.