The news just broke, and the Nokia 3310 is back.
Can't believe it, it's real, and will cost only $52.

7 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Are you going to buy one?

View Results
Yes
No
Maybe
Two, maybe even three or four
Potato (you always need one)

I wonder if they made it less durable so they are able to compete in today's market..

7 years ago

Touche

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

7 years ago

I'm sure you can still find a few of the original you can buy somewhere.

7 years ago

All of that, and it still has the added marketing benefit of one of the most famous mobile games, Snake.

oh shit.. i'm sold! xD

7 years ago

You had me at Hello...I mean, Snake. :D

7 years ago

Snake? Snake!? Snaaaake!

7 years ago

like Phoenix

7 years ago

Haha. Nice.

7 years ago

Nah, no need to buy new one, I think I still have one somewhere :)

7 years ago

You can possibly get big bucks for that these days. You selling? :P

7 years ago

If it was in mint condition but it really isn't; it works fine but I assume collectors want perfect ones ^^ Ebay even has some of those!

7 years ago

it remains unmistakably the 3310

Yeah... nope.

Not to mention it looks really ugly.

7 years ago

I completely agree. It neither really looks like the 3310, nor does it look good.

7 years ago

The original 3310 was the first phone I ever had, and it was great for the time. But I don't think I could go back to that numpad to write my messages.

7 years ago

I had one too. Actually, I had one, then upgraded and gave it to my brother. Then my phone was stolen, and he upgraded his, so went back to the 3310. :D Overall had it for like 3 years.

7 years ago

I used a 5110 for over 10 years... after my mother had used it for a few years. And the only reason I had to stop using it is that I gave it to my grandmother because hers broke down. She's still using it today. All it ever needed was a battery replacement after ~10 years of total use. I still miss it.

7 years ago

10 years is fairly old, and still working. Not sure if any of today's phones can last that long as a daily driver.

7 years ago

yeah Blackberry really changed the way I typed. Even now I still want to use physical keypad than Android's.

7 years ago

My old 3310 is actually still fully operational. My mom has been using it as an alarm clock for the past 10 years xD

7 years ago

Haha, nice. Amazing how people still using the original.

7 years ago

I would rather want the 3210 but def getting one as secondary phone mostly to play Snake on :)

7 years ago

Saying this costs "only" $52 is a bit ridiculous, if anything that's a heftly price to pay for a piece of nostalgia and not much else. It's objectively overpriced considering the actual hardware and functionality, and what you could get if you spent just a bit more.

7 years ago

This is true, but compared to the $1000+ smartphones of today, it's quite alright at that price I feel.
If the tech remains the same, it should be like $20, but they have some new stuff there.
I imagine there will be a few contract deals where you could get the device for free, but I'm not sure who'd want the 3310 as a daily driver on contract.

7 years ago

This is true, but compared to the $1000+ smartphones of today, it's quite alright at that price I feel.

But what about smartophones that are around 1/10 of that price?

7 years ago

This was an April's fool prank by Nokia 3 years ago, but it just keep on living. I guess people really want to see this phone back.

Edit: Apparently it's real this time. Interesting.

7 years ago

Yes it's real, from the post in the description. Was launched today before the start of MWC tomorrow.

7 years ago

I think that was a different Nokia.

Foxconn bought the rights to the Nokia brand (for smartphones/tablets) last year and also got the rights to Nokia's old feature-phone designs. So I guess they are looking to cash in on it ASAP. They will have new Nokia Android smartphones coming out later this year.

7 years ago

what is dead may never die

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 7 years ago.

7 years ago

Nostalgia sells.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

7 years ago

There are a few online emulators you could use to still play the original game.
The new one doesn't look great.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

7 years ago

My old one is still working tbh .
Can't carry it with me since carrying lethal weapons without certificate is illegal :/

7 years ago

This looks like something that should have come out in like 2004.
Don't really see the point of giving an outdated phone a new design to sell it again it 2017.
Like, I would have wanted it in 2004, definitely, but not nowadays. xD

7 years ago

Keypad!!!! I´m sold!

7 years ago

Ugly as hell. Looks like something I could buy for $15 from a Chinese wholesaler, and no way that screen survives any real trauma. A friend in high school used to have a real, aging 3310; we used to spike it off the bus floor in an attempt to break it so he could get an upgrade from his carrier. This thing bears next to no resemblance to the original; it's just a cheap cash grab designed to attract the attention of people who only know of the original because it became a meme.

7 years ago

There will definitely be quite a few Chinese knock-offs around the corner soon.
They were probably waiting for the final design to start production.

7 years ago

Thanks, good news,. 3310 it's good nokia product. My Grandma (80+) use Samsung Android and till today she still cant figure how to use that, also my mom & dad might looking for simple phone like this.

7 years ago

Me, I'm still using my Nokia 6210 (I bought it used long ago, with a cracked screen and marks from having been used as a bottle opener), and it works and works and works. The battery life isn't quite as good as it used to be, lasting only about a week on standby now.

I'd probably still be using my first generation 5110 (without the charger problems) if I hadn't dropped on a bathroom floor and broken it. (The second-generation replacement of much worse quality didn't last long.)

7 years ago

great shit they came back but better but original model than new odd-looking one.
i still use my 6260 and never gonna betray it! for the king!
in my dreams i wish to own Nokia 8110 or Nokia 8110i as my second phone... so classssssssy

7 years ago

that doesn't look like 3310? ._.

7 years ago

I mena for that prices u can get to original one ;x Or just buy some smartphone. This is just wrong to turn the legend in to this

7 years ago

F@CK! Now I have to rename my bluetooth...
I named my bluetooth "Nokia 3310", but this thing will probably have bluetooth, so it's not gonna be funny anymore. ;-;

7 years ago

Closed 5 years ago by Ph03n1xSA.