Just sheer brilliant! I want it!

Where can I buy this,. or something similar?
Has anyone seen this object in stores, online or retail?

I suppose it's possible to just buy a 5.25 inch bracket and then fit in a slim dvd, and 3.25 inch card reader in the bay,. but the above is just all you need in 1 thing.

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

But what connection does it use? No way in hell a SATA cable is enough, more like a SATA Express.

8 years ago

no name china product
you will have problem with this, aslo with the drivers...

8 years ago

Most hardware like this is pretty default,. drivers should be fairly ok.

8 years ago

People still use DVDs?

8 years ago

Yes, people still use DVDs. They are useful when you want to install some old games or if you have a slow internet connection.

8 years ago

It can be useful. After all, I still have movies on DVDs that are nowhere near to be found on a streaming service, nor I think they will be in the next decade at least. Plus one may have saved some semi-old but still useful data on DVDs (not to mention old media someone may not want to keep all the time on a HDD).

8 years ago

From the looks of it, it looks like they put in a slim drive in a normal size drive's case, and just put everything else under it... if you have tools and necessary stuff, you can easily make this yourself at home.

8 years ago

Yeah, I still have a bunch of dvds, i dont use the drive much, but i still have too many dvds to get rid of the drive entirely,. and i still use the card reader for the photo camera. So heck, 2-1 solves that problem perfectly.
I already got rid of the diskette drive.

I could make it myself, using the bracket etc, but then it wouldn't have the same number of options i fear.
This thing uses the entire width of the 5.25 inch bay.

I was looking for LG philips or samsung variations, but haven't been able to find any yet.

8 years ago

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View attached image.
8 years ago

Closed 3 years ago by BBR.