I'm going to start a thread to encourage me to get to 100% on as many games as I can. I'm going to try to make a GA whenever I finish one! Many will likely be bundle games, but not all of them. :) For some, I may make the GA link a puzzle instead of a straight link.

So far, I have completed 2 games. I'm listing below the ones I'm actively working on. If you have any suggestions for games to try next, I'd love to hear them!

Update August 10, 2018
In two years I've only finished a few more, but that's still more than enough to update this thread and make some new giveaways! I've basically been MIA from SG due to a ton of personal stuff. Hello again! I have a couple others finished, but don't have any more games to give away just now, so those will be coming later.

Game Completion Giveaway Notes
AdVenture Capitalist 81% - Throw this game in the garbage.
Age of Empires II: HD 16% - Almost as hopeless as me getting all the Civ V achievements
Age of Mythology: Extended Edition 13% - -
Audiosurf 21% - -
Borderlands 14% - I never really got into this one.
Cities: Skylines 83% - -
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink 100% Here -
Costume Quest 10% - -
Dead Hungry Diner 55% - I beat this before it had achievements, going back to get them all now.
Dead Island 10% - -
Demolition, Inc. 38% - -
DLC Quest 68% - -
The Emerald Maiden: Symphony of Dreams 100% Here -
Endless Space - - A friend really wants to play this with me, so it's going on the list!
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek 100% Here -
Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood 100% Here -
Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala 100% Coming Soon -
Faerie Solitaire 93% - The computer with my progress on it was reformatted ): starting again from square 1.
Fallout: New Vegas 1% - -
Flight Control HD 94% - Just ONE more achievement. I want to try it with a tablet.
Fortix 75% - Yep.
Get Off My Lawn! 27% - -
Her Story 100% Here (Ended) Holy crap I loved this
Human Resource Machine 44% - I heard the higher levels are extremely difficult. This one will be hard to 100%.
Killing Floor 1% - Sob.
Left 4 Dead 2 34% - I could maybe use some help with this one.
Magic 2015 71% - -
Magic Duels 14% - -
Magicka 35% - Idk if I have all the DLC? I know I have most of it. Not sure if I need more for all the achievements.
Mind Snares: Alice's Journey 100% Here (Ended) -
Organ Trail: Director's Cut 11% - -
Papers, Please 100% Here (Ended) -
Plants vs. Zombies: GOTY 71% - -
Portal 13% - I'm a bit embarrassed about this one.
Prison Architect 100% Here! This will probably be the next one finished, so keep an eye out for a GA here.
Redshirt 75% (~88%) - Got this from SG! 3 achievements are broken, I have 2 non-broken ones left to get.
Reus 8% - -
Rocksmith 7% - This has a tendency to crash on me /:
RUSH 20% - Added because of holiday achievements
Saints Row IV 29% - -
Saints Row: Gat out of Hell 7% - -
Saints Row: The Third 66% - -
Scribblenauts Unlimited 56% - A friend logged into steam on my computer and used their save files from Steam cloud once, and apparently that caused my files to go away. I've started again, but it's disheartening when things like that happen.
Secret of the Magic Crystal 5% - Maybe I'll get my little sister to play it for me :p
Sid Meier's Civilization V 44% - This is probably a lost cause.
Sid Meier's Civilization VI 16% - -
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth 10% - -
South Parkโ„ข: The Stick of Truthโ„ข 12% - I like this game, but I really need the sound/dialogue, and there's usually too much going on at my house ):
Terraria 69% - Played a ton before achievements were introduced. I love the new content that was added.
The Typing of The Dead: Overkill 12% - -
The Walking Dead 10% - -
Ticket to Ride 29% - I'm not sure if achievements are still for beta testers only.
Torchlight 48% - -
Torchlight 2 76% - -
Tropico 4 100% Here (Ended) Too bad Tropico 5 Isn't as fun ):
Tropico 5 31% - -
Universe Sandbox 81% - And now we wait....
Waking Mars 24% - I could have sworn I was farther on this one...
8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Just got a PS3 (I know, I know, it's almost 2016! It was a gift). Which game should I play first?

View Results
Destiny
Dragon Age: Inquisition

are those the only two games you got for the PS3 or just the ones you are considering first?

8 years ago

I also got Diablo 3 (including expansion), but we've been playing that one non-stop for a few days already. We don't really have money to spend on games right now, and those three should last us a while, especially since we both have so much Steam backlog :p

8 years ago

bumping for GAs

8 years ago

wow, that is quite some list of games, I wouldn't even list most of these myself as I know I would never get around to finishing some of them (the games being too grindy, and me owning too many games to play). if you need help with any of the co-op ones just PM me.

8 years ago

Yeah, as I was making the list I thought to myself, some of these may never get done. I'm just hoping that having them in a list like this (in public) makes me more likely to work on them, rather than (ahem) pouring stupid hours into adventure capitalist as I have been. I'll definitely message you when I get to the co-op ones!

Now, off to knock out some more Dragon Age: Inquisition (:

8 years ago

I've been "playing" a lot of Adventure Capitalist, too, lol.

8 years ago

You should play Red Dead Redemption first, it's nothing but the best game ever.

8 years ago

+1. Wish my Ps3 was still working just for this game.

8 years ago

I'll see if I can get a copy with my store credit somewhere :3 Thanks!

8 years ago

Red Dead Redemption is definitely a must!
And don't skip The Last Of Us. God, can't recommend this game enough :)

8 years ago

Is that one also on steam? I prefer steam tbh. Someone at the coffee shop yesterday recommended me Dark Souls.

8 years ago

No, they are both on PS3. The Last Of Us is so good that it got remastered for PS4. Both games are some of my favorite console titles. If you can get your hands on second hand copy or if get get discounted on PS Store during a sale, don't think too much, do it :) Oh, there is also Heavy Rain from creators of Fahrenheit. Another console must.

Dark Souls is hardcore in it's purest form. And by saying hardcore I mean nail bitingly, teeth grindingly hardcore. The title even says Prepare To Die Edition. And it means it. Well, it is not actually that hard if you dedicate yourself to it, learn the tactics against each opponent, remember their timings, but I never had enough patience and usually ended up rage quitting. Read some reviews and watch a bit of gameplay before making a decision, it is definitely not for everyone.

8 years ago

You have an "awful" list there for getting 100 %s. A lot of them are insanely grind based atleast from the first impression since I don't have most of them. Others are pretty skill based. Well, from the ones I actually have:

• Borderlands: These achievements are not particularly hard but they are pure grind at one point (looking at you Underdome) and you either need some reeeallly patient friends or you do them alone which is boring. Also there is a viral achievement. If you don't have it already it could cause trouble.
  • DLC Quest: Most of them are easy and obtainable pretty fast. Besides the two speed run achievements. Couldn't motivate myself to do them so far.
  • Left4Dead 2: The campaign achievements are fair and interesting but you need a good team for some of them. The versus achievements on the other hand .... I never liked that mode to begin with but they are kind of rage inducing .....
  • Magicka: Hah, good luck with that one. They are really hard although i didn't try the game after getting a new laptop. Before I had to fight Lag aswell. And every story DLC introduced new achievements. Some of them really annoying but they are atleast interesting in most cases.
  • The Typing of the Dead: Overkill: A really fun game in both game modes. Many achievements you get while playing the game. Then there are again 3-4 achievements locked behind some hard skill wall. You need to play some levels over an over again and there is nearly no error margin ... I love this game but damn I'm glad I never need to complete those last achievements again.
8 years ago

Yeah, I may not ever get to some of these, especially borderlands...I just don't really care for it. I don't mind grinding though, some of my torchlight achievements are purely grinding.

8 years ago

To expand on my previous reply comment.... MAGICKA. Magicka. That damn game. I'm in the same spot of not trying since getting the laptop, and I bought the laptop in 2012. All my old save files are on my desktop (purchased in 2010, upgraded a little bit, still not a great gaming rig but it's what I have). The lag was TERRIBLE before. So I'm not entirely psyched to try again. But I loved the snark in the game!

8 years ago

Oh god. Secret of the magic crystals. This game makes me want to cry and yet I am sure I will finish it. Just a little more grinding to upgrade everything then it's the slow monotonous grind to breed a level 5 horse of each type so each can get their respective crystals. In general it has a clear appeal to young kids but I can't imagine most kids would take the time needed to reach the actual end game.

I also totally agree with your notes on AdVenture Capitalist. I deleted it out of my library after they added all the new achievements. I only wish I could delete it out of my profile. I'm so embarrassed by those 83 hours on record.

I can sympathize with you on Faerie Solitaire. I had gotten all the way to letter S in Lyne an then fried my old computer. I have to get all the way back there again before I can finally finish the alphabet.

I just leave Universe Sandbox running in the background most of the time. I'll get that one year achievement eventually.

8 years ago

Ugh yes those dang horses. WHY. I tried to think if I would play it when I was a kid, and I think I would just be bored.

I'm at 103 hours for AdVenture Capitalist. I'm not ashamed.

For Universe Sandbox, I adapted a script I found so that I can get the startup achievements. Once that's done I'll just leave it running.

8 years ago

I also totally agree with your notes on AdVenture Capitalist. I deleted it out of my library after they added all the new achievements.

I was putting up with the game because I was so close to having 100% and then that happened, yeah, no.

8 years ago

Bump and meow for 100% cat.

View attached image.
8 years ago

Oh hello you are a very silly kitty!

8 years ago

EY! High five for 100% Tropico 4!
You have more playing hours than me though.. and you 100%ed 2-3 years it before me..

View attached image.
8 years ago

It's one of my all time favorite games! I got most of the achievements just from playing, only had to grind out a couple. Only downside is I have less incentive to play now...I still love the game, but having completed all achievements and storyline...I was hoping 5 would be better, but I think it was a huge step backwards for the series.

8 years ago

Yeah, it's awesome!
And yes, the achievements were pretty easy to get, except for "Expert" that one took a while..
I'm still planning on trying out some challenges in the future but I had to try other games after 100%ing it because it was all that I played for a while :v and I have Tropico 5 in my library but I haven't played it yet, it seemed not bad though Except for THEY CHANGED PENULTIMO'S VOICE-ACTOR :@, why did it feel like a step backwards for the series?
Some people even say that Tropico 4 was a disappointment because it's really similar to Tropico 3 but I have only played Tropico 4 so meh.. :v

8 years ago

Well for starters YEAH they got rid of all the excellent voice actors ):
I say it felt like a step back for a number of reasons. The gameplay seems overly simplistic, and trying to figure out where buildings etc are is extremely frustrating since they're not as intuitive as they were in 4. The graphics aren't as fun, in my opinion. And most importantly, the multiplayer is garbage. It's impossible to play a map with a friend without getting mad at each other for taking up too much space, the only available resources, etc. Which is extremely frustrating given I was SO excited about the multiplayer option. I expected it to be more like multi in the civ series. I had a long conversation about the other failings of it with my best friend, but this was ages ago and I can't remember most of it. The big conclusion we came to was that we hoped it would combine the best things from T4 and Civ5, and instead in combined the worst of the two.

8 years ago

I don't really mind a bad multiplayer, and yeah I saw that the farms take a LOT more space than in T4 where there used to be just random fields spawning around the farm-house.
T5's graphics are kinda better than T4's but yes, they aren't as fun as T4's...
By the way, what do you do in multiplayer? is it won by taking over the whole island?
I also didn't like the new research system much, but I still have to play it to see how bad the situation is.

RIP the real Penultimo...

8 years ago

WELL, I wish I could tell you more about multiplayer, but it always crashes after about 30 minutes. I've tried with different computers, playing with different people, etc. Haven't been able to finish a damn game.

8 years ago

That's bad indeed, just like the multiplayer for the Stronghold series.
But Tropico 4 was good enough as a singleplayer game only, and if T5 managed to have an as good as/better singlepayer campaigns than T4 while having a shitty and unstable multiplayer feature, then it's fine by me! :v

8 years ago

It's definitely worth playing, but I wouldn't pay full price for it.

8 years ago

Fallout: New Vegas 1% - -

Guess you gave up on it pretty quick :) You'll have to at least play it three times to get all the achievements, so consider it more of a long-term project. Actually the Gun Runners achievements might take a fourth playthrough if you don't plan them carefully.

8 years ago

I didn't give up on that one, my computer did :p I haven't played it since I got the new laptop, I'm hoping it runs well on that since it didn't agree with my desktop.

8 years ago

Costume quest is the 2nd game I did 100%. As I remember just finish the game and you will get 100% besides the ramp thing, idk i forgot GL with achievements

EDIT: I jist noticed you have scribblenauts unlimited. You just have to finish all quest and you will get 100% on that one

8 years ago

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I already knocked out the ramp one too. I really liked that game, just haven't gotten back to it in a while.

re: scribblenauts, my progress all got wiped ): same story, just haven't gotten back to it again. I bought unmasked recently too, so once I finish unlimited I'll start that one and add it to the list.

8 years ago

Good luck!
Plants Vs Zombies, Costume Quest, Fallout NV, Terraria and The Walking Dead should be pretty easy to 100%. Some may be a bit time consuming. :)

There's a great guide on "easy 100%".
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=536783594
I don't know if it will be any good for you though. Includes a lot of F2P games.

Tropico 5 isn't as fun? That's a shame. Maybe if they do a GOTY version a couple of years down the line it might be.

8 years ago

Yes, see this regarding tropico 5.

PVZ I just have grindy ones left I think, and a couple of the minigames that I find extremely difficult. I know costume quest and walking dead are mostly storyline achieves, so it's just about getting back to them. Fallout NV will depend on if my laptop runs it, and Terraria is so far super fun with the additional content, since I started from scratch to do the achieves. I had basically beat it years ago.

8 years ago

Could probably look up video guides for those trickier achievements in PvZ (or any game really). I seem to remember doing it for one of the achievements but I can't remember which one.

Terraria is just one of those games, the new expansions always seem to make it worth another run. Those fishing achievements though... good luck. :)

8 years ago

i would say:

• borderlands
  • Fallout NV
  • Plants Vs Zombies
8 years ago

I want to help you getting the L4D2's achievements because I need help too xD
But... It's kinda hard since it'll be laggy

Hmm I guess congratz for your 2 perfect games
Also Borderlands 2 is much more "funner" than the 1st one, especially with friends

8 years ago

I've heard the second is better! I'll have to try it. A friend bought it for me a while back.

I'd be down for trying L4D2 (:

8 years ago

Ohh I liked reading your commentary on the games! Helps me know what to be interested in myself! Thanks! And btw, you going to visit my word puzzle train this week?

8 years ago

I didn't realize you had one up, I haven't done puzzles in a long time /: I'll check it out!

8 years ago

Costume Quest, Faerie Solitaire, and Scribblenauts Unlimited are all pretty easy and fun. The only problem with Faerie Solitaire is the RNG involved in the egg drops. I recommend starting Scribblenauts Unlimited again. It's one of those games where screwing up is possibly more fun than getting it right.

8 years ago

BIG TWO YEAR BUMP

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

bmp

5 years ago

Thank you for Skyrim

5 years ago

hey can you add me on steam maybe we can play civ 5 or terreria?

5 years ago

sure thing :)

5 years ago

Hey, if you like to 100% games, take a look at 100pals. We're very active on the group's discord server and help each other to 100% games.
Feel free to join if you feel like it :)

5 years ago

Wow, this thread is ancient bump.

5 years ago

I was away for a while ;-;

5 years ago

Well I hope everything worked out for you.

5 years ago

Borderlands is one of my favourite games ever!

5 years ago

Congrats!

5 years ago

Ugh, I'm not a completionist so getting 100% achievements on games is not a priority and it's better that way as there are so many games to play out there...
Wish you luck getting 100% on everything you want.

5 years ago

I get that, and I definitely spend more time playing games just to play them than to get the achievements. This was more a way to convince myself to branch out and try new games, and it's worked wonderfully.

5 years ago

Great, this thread is also a meta-game in itself :p. Looking forward to see your progress.

5 years ago

Nice thread. Looks like a lot of work to keep the table up to date.

5 years ago

Yeah, that's why I hadn't updated it in two years :p and it's far from every game I have or have played, just ones I'm interested in enough to want to 100%, or ones that would be funny to finish

5 years ago

Bump! ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ‘
๐ŸŒŸ ๐“—๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช ๐“๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“ด๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ญโฃ ๐ŸŒŸ

5 years ago

Thanks for the GAs! Have a great weekend! :)

5 years ago

Bumpalicious

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.