https://shop.oculus.com/en-us/cart/

Good news is, they don't use our beloved $1=€1, as Europe get's it for €700. And that's still without shipping.

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Ugggghhhhhh nope, I mean I really want to test VR but I might just wait for HTC and other competitors, hoping that prices drop a lot.

8 years ago

hype sells.

wanna be one of the cool guys? buy one, please.

8 years ago

I wouldn't be able to use it without vomiting either way lol

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

8 years ago

Doesn't really matter though, anyone who is going to buy it will need to have plenty of money to spend on a really powerful PC first, it's not accessible to everyone because of that reason, even if it was in the price range of 200$.

8 years ago

Well, I think big part of "funnies" here is that they said it will go for something "around $350, maybe a bit more".

Right now Valve and HTC got great occasion to get "VR monopoly", but that really depends how much it really costs to make and if they can sell it for $500 or not.

8 years ago

My husband texted me the other day about how pre-order starts today. And then texted me this morning that pre-order has started. And most likely will come home from work with some sort of chocolates and/or goodies to slowly break it to me that he's totally going to pre-order the damn thing. I mean, truthfully, he's been talking about it for over a year and a half now and I'd rather he buy this than spend $600 on a damn "hoverboard" or something like that.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

8 years ago

Good, I'll save some money and I'll be able to afford it in 21 years! HYPEEEEE!

8 years ago

Was not interested before, definitely still not interested now.

8 years ago

Have a nice eye cancer.

8 years ago

How is this going to cause eye cancer? It's just a screen in a pair of goggles.

8 years ago

not sure if it applies to the version OP is linking to, but some do it yourselfers have made 3d rigs from a cellphone and a headframe, sometimes just card board at the most extreme.,
so to the extent cell phones cause cancer...
if you are patient just wait for the patent to run out, the underlying materiel are cheap so mass produced 2 to 5 dollars to make and a sale price of 20 to 50 dollars, like headphones.

8 years ago

I think you're referencing google cardboard (Yes it's a real thing).

It's good and gives you a taste of what VR is like. But the Rift is 10x better.

Oculus also make GearVR which uses a smartphone for a screen.

8 years ago

Oculus may be an awesome advance in the gaming industry but sorry, for that price I still prefer enjoy games the normal way, as usual.

8 years ago

lol the price. No thanks.

8 years ago

Too much money for a gimmick.

8 years ago

Why the heck are they forcing an Xbox controller with it? This is pretty stupid. And 700€ in EU w/o shipping? Total bullshit.

8 years ago

Yup, that's pretty stupid. They add quite a lot to price by not making "pad-less" version.
Tons of people just bought SteamCons or have their own X360/XB1Cons already.

8 years ago

Exactly. And even if people don't, it's not that hard to get them, probably cheaper then what they want to sell you.

8 years ago

I guess Facebook has to make their $2 billion investment back somehow. I tested out one of the earlier versions and it was pretty terrible. The graphics would have to be improved SIGNIFICANTLY before I'd even consider this. Even then, what's the point of VR if you're tethered to a computer?

8 years ago

I heard that the resolution is better in the consumer version, but from the version I saw, you could litteraly see the pixels. So I want to try one first before even considering spending half that money.

8 years ago

Wow... just to experience a gimmick?!?

View attached image.
8 years ago

Meanwhile Hungary is not even on the supported countries list....

8 years ago

I had no interest in it, I pity for those who had. VR tech is way too early in development to actually enjoy it.

8 years ago

agreed i think there will have to be a much bigger library of "must have" games before i would invest $600 into one of these,the next generation of VR headsets will likely cost half as much and be twice as good assuming VR actually takes off. but for $600 i could buy another 55" led tv that would get used a lot more.

8 years ago

It is way too much for a first generation of a new technology.

8 years ago

Well, they have been preparing people for this for a while now so I am not really that surprised. First batch will cost premium while in the future they hope to make the production more cost effective (and get lower prices for components due to larger production). Consider how much did the new technologies cost back in the day before going all mad. At this point only the real VR fans (or people who don't care about money] will get it and a year (or five) later it will be as common as game consoles.

8 years ago

I think most of that surprise is because they were saying "$350 price,, maybe a bit more", which made people expect less than $500.

8 years ago

haha you can buy a pc for that much

8 years ago

Is it on steam? I'll wait until its available in some bundle to get it for some bucks

8 years ago

I wish them luck, because with that price range they will have only two types of customers.

8 years ago

well this is owned by facebook,they admit to making $5 per person who has a facebook account per year selling your personal information,
how about they set up a payment program, they send me the oculus and i will let them keep the $5 a year they earn stealing my personal info til its payed off lol.

8 years ago

In Brazil you can buy a house with that.

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.