7 months ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Price bug for Strange Brigade Deluxe Edition if you own base game - 4 euro, but you can't buy it...

7 months ago

Not a bug, just plain incompetence or greediness.

7 months ago

Would removing the base game from your account work like it used to?

7 months ago

It should, but we also shouldn't have to do that. It's not our fault if they're stupid or greedy.

7 months ago

Of course, it should be changed.

7 months ago

It works

7 months ago

As noted by devotee, it's because it's set as a package and not a bundle, and the devs don't have it properly configured in the API to list the DLC (See the actual store listing, here).

This confirms devotee's guess of incompetence, though it's worth noting the incompetence isn't necessarily limited to the developer, as the fact that developers have to set listed content seperate from included content is bizarre to begin with rather than that being automatically associated), and doesn't intuitively seem like something that should exist, meaning there's likely incompetence from Valve's part as well (and, considering it's Valve, that assumption becomes near-certainty, given precedence and nature).

Obviously, any professional group would confirm the listing after posting it and fix any issues, so Valve's incompetence doesn't excuse that of the devs, but all the same, had Valve configured things differently to begin with, we wouldn't see this issue crop up every so often as it does, to begin with. (That's not to say I can't see there being theoretical potential benefit to devs being able to disassociate the included content from the listed content, but that should be a toggle devs can hit after an issue actually crops up, with the default option being automatic association.)

Meanwhile, the fact that the Season Pass hasn't gone below $5.24 on Steam, and isn't on sale now, would seem to fully support devotee's assertion of greediness. This is emphasized to extremes by the fact that the devs made it so that all players need their own seperate ownerships of the Season Pass content to be able to play it (rather than just the host needing to own it), making their restrictive purchasing options.. well, rather frustrating.

Though at least Strange Brigade is a co-op game that can be played solo. The worst examples of exploitative, greedy publishing- perhaps more than anything else, even obscene microtransactions or excessive DLCs- is making co-op only games that don't come with a second copy or a guest access version.
(Note, this was never an issue I ran into with co-op-only games until recent years, past games were pretty reliable in allowing immediate play with a single copy. Even EA games like A Way Out come with a friend pass, on top of providing local splitscreen, though in the case of that particular game it's apparently rather difficult to access the Friend Pass nowadays, so it's too early to give EA credit for doing something decent for a change.)
Seriously, screw those publishers to hell and back.

Ergo, devotee would seem to be incorrect on only one point- it's not a matter of "or", but of "and". >.<

(PS: It's worth noting that this mis-listing also means you can't [barring perhaps due to some other bug being involved] enter for the Deluxe Edition on SG if you own the base game, for exactly the same reason. So we on SG tend to face issues from this UI quirk probably a whole lot more than most Steam gamers do, unfortunately.)

7 months ago*

Might be worth $4?

7 months ago

If you don't own the regular edition, definitely, since once you own that you can't upgrade to the Deluxe Edition (and lowest historical for the season pass is 4€ too).

7 months ago

Well, I don't own the base game, and the deluxe edition was a little over $1 USD in my region, so, had to bite.

7 months ago

Thanks

7 months ago

Thanks. Was waiting for discount so my wife can buy it (I already have it). Was expecting 5 bucks as previous discount, so this is great.

7 months ago

oh wait, didn't Steam restrict discounts between -10% and -90% ?

EDIT: seems like it's not software limited then?
https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/marketing/discounts
Specific Discounting Rules -> It is not possible to discount a product by more than 90% or less than 10%

7 months ago

Rules only apply to small indie publishers.

7 months ago

oh okay, that explains it :) also somewhat understandable as well

7 months ago

Last year, Need for Speed™ Heat was 95% off. EA is not small indie publisher, at least not formally.

7 months ago

uhmm, exactly the point he said "Rules ONLY APPLY to small indie publishers" :)

7 months ago

Bought standard, figure i won't play it that much that i need the deluxe (altho it seems to be a good deal)

7 months ago

Does anyone know if the DELUXE version include all the DLCs? Thx!

7 months ago

7 months ago

Thx!

7 months ago

Got it all, yes

7 months ago

Thx!

7 months ago

Not a bad game at all, and at that price, there might actually be enough of a boost in the player base to actually not have to play it solo.

7 months ago

I own the game since launch and I would gladly go back into it, so send a message and I will gladly coop with you. I am sure there are others too.

7 months ago

I appreciate the offer. I also played it a while back and enjoyed it. I doubt I'll play again, but I do think there will be a lot of new owners who'd love the chance to co-op the game.

7 months ago

I would gladly pay for deluxe but I can't because I already own the standard. Very stupid!

7 months ago

Same, they're loosing out money. I would have upgraded my version to deluxe and my wife would buy deluxe instead of standard... But nooo...

7 months ago

Have you tried removing the game from your library?

https://help.steampowered.com/wizard/HelpWithGameIssue/?appid=312670&issueid=123

7 months ago

Buy a deluxe key online.

7 months ago

Thanks for the tip! Ended buying a key online for 3,99€ and I could redeem it without problems :)

7 months ago

Where did you buy the key?

7 months ago

No need, just remove your base.game from your account. You can buy the deluxe afterwards, I did the same.

7 months ago

I can confirm that this still works.
Remove the base game license from the support page and then you can buy the deluxe edition.
After that you can restore the previously removed license as well, if you like.

7 months ago

Restore the Standard Edition? But wouldn't that interfere with the Deluxe Edition?

7 months ago

Nah, it's just a license for the same base game app that is also part of the Deluxe Edition.

7 months ago

According to Support, it is also the same Key.

7 months ago

I'm not sure if I can link the store, sounds like Uplay but it's not Ubisoft's Uplay. It's more like "You play".

Right now it's 3,69€, so even cheaper than Steam's sale.

7 months ago

Bought deluxe edition for a little over $1 in my region without thinking much. Thank you nice find :D

7 months ago

is the season pass worth for a singleplayer?

7 months ago

Depends. You get a tiny bit of reskinned content, some characters, etc. The DLC weapons are better than what you'll start with or unlock later on. They're strong from start to finish. For a few extra bucks it's probably worth it for SP, just for the boom boom.

7 months ago

My favorite pistol is a DLC. I think the three extra maps might be worth it? I'm not finished with the story yet. The extra characters are fine, but similar powers to the main 4.

7 months ago

Had to remove the base game from my account first, still worth it.

7 months ago

Me too.
Its silly/stupid, but couldn't pass it up.

7 months ago

Same here.

7 months ago

Thank you.
This is an all-time low price.

7 months ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.