Please post some good deals that are currently going on. I love the genre but can't seem to find any games I'd like to get during this sale.

1 month ago

Comment has been collapsed.

I've heard Inscryption is pretty good, it's at its historical lowest right now too.

1 month ago

Thanks! It is very good, I highly recommend it! Sadly I have it already :p

1 month ago

Ah I see, well good luck with finding those sweet deals!

1 month ago

Thanks, and if you do find something for yourself, I'd love to hear it!

1 month ago

never not an event...

View attached image.
1 month ago

I'm all in for the events. At least gives us deals during most of the year

1 month ago

steam jacked up the prices of everything so they can just have nonstop sales tho....

1 month ago

1 month ago

ty :D !

1 month ago

unfortunatelly hearthstone steam version has gone missing.;..

1 month ago

Was there actually ever a plan for HS to release on steam?

1 month ago

Thanks for the info, I really hope it comes to steam at some point

1 month ago

My brother is developing his first Steam game that is a tower defense mixed with deckbuilding, the game it's currently in Deckbuilders Fest, it has a demo as well in case you want to try it out.
The game is King Wizard, of the Forest Kingdom
Please check it out and if you find it interesting +1 wishlist would mean a lot!
Thank you!

1 month ago

I am completely open to almost every kind of deckbuilder, so I will most likely be giving that demo a try once I am done with the other demos I downloaded from the event. Thanks for sharing!

1 month ago

Looks like it could be fun, will definitely play the demo!

1 month ago

Unfortunately, the only RPG with battle based on a deck cards that i have really liked don't have any discount, that SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech for info.

1 month ago

I have had so much fun with Slay the Spire even though I don't really play deckbuilders. Very strange that there is no discount on that game.

1 month ago

If you like Slay the Spire. This fully featured fan game is FREE on steam.

Downfall - A Slay the Spire Fan Expansion

1 month ago

It says standalone mod but needs the game :(

1 month ago

Yea. I will say the game is absolutely worth it.

1 month ago

Thanks. I actually have played that too, and it is fine.

1 month ago

Zoeti (20%, HL). Got it from AWA's Game Vault, really fun.

1 month ago

Currently ~$3.50 for deluxe edition in Fanatical bundle.
Glad I picked it up, pretty enjoyable.

1 month ago

Deckbuilders Fest 2024 - free items:
https://store.steampowered.com/points/shop/app/2842700

1 month ago

If you like Slay the Spire. This fully featured fan game is FREE on hosted on Steam.
(Ok, it's technically a mod, but the downfall mode flips the game on it's head in a cool way.)

Downfall - A Slay the Spire Fan Expansion

1 month ago*

This is a very cool Freemium tactical card game.
It also has well executed cheezy retro styling.

The paid subscription just accelerates progress. The main story is free to play.

Card Hunter

1 month ago*

Ascension
is on sale for $2.50.

$2.50 is the Historical low and it's the same price the key-shops are selling it at.
Compared to the actual paper game, it's a steal.

1 month ago

The games I've found that are on a decent sale are:
Monster Train (-70%),
Griftlands (-50%),
Pirates Outlaws (-50%),
Loop Hero (-67%),

And one that looks very nice but is on a way too low of a discount;
Wildfrost (-20%)

1 month ago

Monster Train is pretty fun

1 month ago

get Zoeti

1 month ago

Probably not Luke, it just doesn't seem like I'd like it. And keep in mind I love Slay The Spire

1 month ago

It would help narrow it down if we knew more about your favorite games.

Are you more of a rogue-lite player, fighting time and again against the odds until you beat the final boss? Games like
Slay the Spire
Monster Train
Ring of Pain
Banners of Ruin

Do you prefer a story told by cards, something more like
Griftlands
Tainted Grail (both games)
Foretales
Iris and the Giant
Chrono Ark
SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech

Do you enjoy games played with a regular deck of cards? Games like
Aces and Adventure
Balatro

Or something that mixes styles or that has a more original premise, for example
Inscryption
Alina of the Arena
Book of Demons
Trials of Fire
Hand of Fate (both games)
Stacklands
Cultist Simulator

Once we know what you like, it will be easier to come up with recommendations.

1 month ago*

Thank you person!
I love Slay the Spire and games of the like. I have monster train on my wishlist and just wishlisted ring of pain. I already own banners of ruin but am yet to play. So I really do like rouge-lites.

On the other hand, I'm a sucker for story games. Where I have griftlands on my wishlist and never heard of the others you mentioned in the comment. I think it would be great to hear more of them (if you know more of course).

Aces and adventure was really fun to play, while I'm hesitant on Balatro. No idea why.

Inscryption and Stacklands were both really different card games, though I did like both of them.

All in all I think I'm just looking for good games that I can sink in a few hours. Preferably during long days at college where I can just soothe my ADHD with occasional moments of playtime.

1 month ago

You may be a sucke at them, but I still think the majority of us (and you as well) is capable of finishing, and probably enjoying SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech.

I liked it!

1 month ago

Might give it a try, but it's not on sale

1 month ago

If you liked Slay the Spire, you should definitely play Banners of Ruin. They have the same core mechanics at play.

Regarding games with a story, I think Griftlands is really at the top of the list when it comes to character development. Foretales is very nice for the "choices" (or lack thereof, sometimes) it offers, a bit less for characters. Or maybe it's because Griftlands felt more realistic to me and hit closer to home.

I wanted to touch on an important point: you need to make sure the itch you're looking to scratch is a "Play a game itch", and not a "Buy a game itch". It can be exciting to buy a game and anticipate all the fun games you're going to play. If this is what you're looking for, recommendations for games you already own won't matter as much.

1 month ago

Yeah, I already have Banners of Ruin. Griftlands has been on my radar and I might get it some other sale.

And I agree with the "Play a game itch" and "Buy a game itch", though I think the ship has sailed with that one and my giant backlog

1 month ago

hey, what would you recommend to someone who liked dicey dungeons?

1 month ago

Did you like Dicey Dungeons for the look or the gameplay? Circadian Dice has excellent gameplay and lots of replayability, but the aesthetic is radically different. Backpack Hero is also like by a lot of Dicey Dungeons fans. If you want to go outside Steam, Dicey Elementalist on mobile (both app stores have it) is very similar.

Forgot about Right and Down and Dice, which is much more dice based, with an interesting twist.

1 month ago*

For the gameplay, if you look on my profile is the only single player I have been able to play so far. I'll check your suggestions, thanks

4 weeks ago

Wow man, thanks for your post. You really mentioned a lot of good card games or roguelike-deckbuilders. Also grouped them in different categories, like more story telling, more battle or play with regular card sets. It seems that you are a real expert in card games. I played a few of them too and liked it very much. I just completed Banners of Ruin (was a lot of fun) and now play Trials of Fire(good game 75% off now), my next games on the road will be Inscryption and Cultist Simulator. I added a few of your recommandations to my wishlist.

1 month ago*

I forgot Trials of Fire, how could I! Thanks for reminding me.

I hope you like Inscryption, I had a blast playing that game. It's quite different and absolutely unforgiving. Cultist Simulator is very different, too, in a good way.

1 month ago

I would recommend Backpack Battles. There is backpacks instead of the decks, and items instead of the cards, but the concept is the same.

It's PvP autobatller where you fight against the ghosts (saves of other people backpacks), so there is no limitation of the time per turn and you can leave any time without losing progression. Time flies faster in this game than in any Hearthstone mode, which was my main game since the beta until last expansion. Backpack Battles very similar to HS battlegrounds but no one force you to make quick decisions, and there is much less frustration about missing some parts of the deck. The only thing that I dislike about the game is that it ends exactly at the point when you done or almost done with your deck, I wish there was more rounds, but it is what it is. The game lacks some depth and polishing but damn it's addictive af, also it's early access so there would be more stuff and changes in the future. The game doesn't cost much, but you definitely should try demo first (I believe they are the same except in demo there is only 2 classes to chose from).

P.S. The problem with the genre is that I would rather run them on my phone/tablet than on PC, and the good ones like Slay the Spire comes on PC first and only after success they port it to more proper gadgets, so publishers kinda force you to buy the game separately for each device, not unlike Hearthstone (their crossplatform play is very convenient even tho its the most expensive game I've ever played)

1 month ago*

That reminds me of Despot's Game
It's an army builder.
There is a Roguelike Dungeon and there is a PVP mode that goes very quickly.
All the battles are pure strategy, the fights are 100% automated.

1 month ago

A game I'd like to highlight for you and ThatDave,
God of Weapons Currently not on sale, but it's kinda like backpack battles where you have to stack your backpack with weapons to fight in a vampire survivors type manner.

1 month ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.