http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/UKKXR/duke-nukem-2

So... one day trip to Yosemite complete. Complete with sore legs, that's for sure.
View of Half Dome from the parking lot
And Upper Yosemite Falls from the same place

We hiked up the path to the Upper Falls - itinerary was to go only half way up, then head over to Vernal Falls and hike that trail to the top.

On the way up, we noticed a bunch of smoke, some kind of fire going on over there I guess. We noticed on the drive into the park that there was a ton of smoke in the air as well.

View from Columbia Rock, about 2/5 of the way to the top. It had a nice view of Half Dome as well. We had to head down before seeing the Falls unfortunately :(

Friendly deer. You can see their ribcages - I guess they are a bit undernourished.

We were actually short on time by then, so we decided to go on the easy trail to see Yosemite Falls instead.

They had a little model of the trail, we got to that little red point. Apparently if we had walked another 5 min or so we would have gotten to see the falls from the midsection >.<

Well, we got to do some easy rock climbing at least. There was a little pool of water at the top too.

Woodpecker!

We didn't get to see Vernal Falls though :(. Oh well, maybe next time.

On the way out, we could really see the effects of the drought on California

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

beautiful photos!

8 years ago

Nice photos,

8 years ago

Great photos! Hikes are always worth the sore legs in my opinion. Experience in itself is priceless :)

8 years ago

Yay!! Photos!! \o/ Thank you Jatan! Love the woodpecker <3

View attached image.
8 years ago

Nice pics. :D
Bump! OsVfA

8 years ago

great photos

8 years ago

Nice photos! After seeing what happened in the Formula 1 yesterday, my brain associated the whole american continent with the rain; it's good to see that it was a nice and sunny day.

View attached image.
8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

Pretty nice, hope you're enjoying it.

8 years ago