It has been a week now since we've entered February. But I'd love to know what was your favorite game this January?

I'll go first: Halo - The Master Cheif Collection, particularly Halo Reach, Halo 1 & Halo 2. I'll be continuing Master Cheif's story with 3rd one as soon as I finish Dying Light 2. 🤣

View attached image.
2 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

2 years ago

Probably it hasn't got that much due to my first impression looking quite dedicated to niche players of that genre.

2 years ago

Vikings: Wolves of Midgard

2 years ago

Is the game good? I've funnily recommended it in my list of games on Youtube. 😉

2 years ago

I liked it. Its not 10/10 but best from games i played in January 2022.

2 years ago

Without a doubt, It's a Diablo Like game.

2 years ago

Best I played in January was Salt and Sanctuary. Such a great 2D souls-like.

2 years ago

That's awesome! I have this game on my wishlist too, but I forgot about it. 😅

2 years ago

I would say the game is worth whatever the asking price is. Honestly, it's not just a great 2d souls-like, but just a solid souls-like. One of the best, IMO.

2 years ago

Not many soul-like 2D games I know.

2 years ago

Playing Deathloop...Definitely GOTY!!!

2 years ago

I'm glad you like it! I've got plans to play it once I get my hands on it.

2 years ago

Just Cause 3 from 2015.

Fave game of Jan as this is what I'm playing right now and I'm loving it.

Sort by Date and you see I started it in Feb 2016, played for a couple months then started playing again in Jan 2022.
I'm not an achievement hunter but got a few just by playing. I'll go do a few as I play if I remember to check what they are. :)
Just Cause 3 Achievments

I had played JC2 back before my steam days and loved it. So when I saw this game on Steam I got it.

This is the first game I bought on Steam back in 2016. I paid full price. It then got bundled with another game and went to half price shortly after I bought it. I then discovered bundle sites as well as this site a bit later.

My computer back in 2016 was just barely able to play it. It was a bit choppy but playable. I put about 40 hr into it back in 2016.
I used that same computer until a couple months ago. I now have a 3060ti and needed to revisit this. Its butter smooth now so I put a bunch of more hours into it in Jan. I think I'm close to done. I like to just fly around just causing random mayhem so I've likely put more hours in then it takes to actually complete the game.

I saw Just cause 4 compete on sale last week so I picked that up for future playing.

Orig Cost that I paid.

Just Cause 3 XL
$97.98 Can.

Just Cause 4 Complete Edition
$18.04 Can.

JC3 is the first and only game I've bought full price (other then a few small indi games). But considering how much I have played it and loved it. I have no issues with it other then knowing it dropped shortly after I bought it. That stung a bit but I do feel I've got my value out of it.

2 years ago

Just Cause 3 from 2015.

Fave game of Jan as this is what I'm playing right now and I'm loving it.

Sort by Date and you see I started it in Feb 2016, played for a couple months then started playing again in Jan 2022.
I'm not an achievement hunter but got a few just by playing. I'll go do a few as I play if I remember to check what they are. :)
Just Cause 3 Achievments

Achievements make me want to play more the game and be more attentive to details. Explore areas I'd never go with. I love to hunt achievements for games I enjoy as it extends my play-through. I used to have a time where I'd not be able to finish a game, because it didn't feel rewarding.

I had played JC2 back before my steam days and loved it. So when I saw this game on Steam I got it.

I've played last year JC2, but I didn't manage to finish it. Didn't click completely with me although I wanna get all the map to 100%. I'll return to it some day.

Just Cause 3 XL
$97.98 Can.

Just Cause 4 Complete Edition
$18.04 Can.

JC3 is the first and only game I've bought full price (other then a few small indi games). But considering how much I have played it and loved it. I have no issues with it other then knowing it dropped shortly after I bought it. That stung a bit but I do feel I've got my value out of it.

Wow! You've paid a lot for Just Cause 3. You must have gotten it when it was out?

2 years ago

Don't get me wrong. I do like achievements and will go for many of them. But I don't feel the need to get a perfect game. I tend to explore the entire map regardless of if its needed or not. :)

Looks like I bought it just a couple months after it was released.

2 years ago

I don't normally focus much on games I know that are pretty linear. So I can collect them anyway along the way, but on open-world games, it's kinda of a nuisance going back and forth to get the spared achievements.

2 years ago

I actually try NOT to look at achievements before I play games. For several reasons, achievements are a "nice if I get one, couldn't care less if I don't". Achievements titles and details can spoil things sometimes, finding an easter egg or a hidden achievement is more satisfying and surprising when I stumble across it accidentally, "do X Y times" achievements are arbitrary ...etc. Not playing a game intuitively lead by what interests me and catches my attention at the time feels like "paint by numbers gaming" and I don't enjoy it. I consider a game "completed" when I reach the end.

2 years ago

I can see your point. I look at them shortly after I've started. I dislike if there was an easy to get one that would mean replaying a section if I had just done some simple thing when I got to that area during my normal game play. This is normally not an issue however.

I just finished JC3 last night. Looking at what I missed, I will do a few things but things like getting 5 gears on all things and 100%ing I will leave as well as a few others I'm not going to bother with.

I see a couple that I'm sure I did. Do a whole base with no bullets, Do a base without leaving your vehicle. Perhaps carpet bombing from a jet or using a helicopter does not count. lol.

2 years ago

A few weeks ago I asked for recommendations on casual creature capture/battle RPG games, and although I ended up not really playing any creature capture games I've decided to cave in and buy Archvale for the full price (was waiting to see if it will go on sale for Chinese New Year for maybe a 10% or 20% off... It didn't lol). I've been wanting to play the game ever since watching devlogs of the game like years ago, and watching some other youtubers play the game when it got released really made me want to scratch my itch and buy the game right away.
It is by no means a "perfect" or even "finished" game, and I can write multiple paragraphs talking about suggestions and/or criticisms about the game at its current stage, but holy shit I loved every second that I put into the game. It was the most fun around the first 3-4 hours and then the progression of the game got rather boring, but a mixture of Terraria (in its crafting system and some of the weapons) and Gungeon (mainly regarding its bullet-hell) into a Bullet-Hell RPG is just SO fun.
Sorry for having to make you read through lengthy rumbly paragraphs lol, but it is without a doubt my most favorite game I've played this year yet, and I'd even put it in my top 10 games.

2 years ago

A few weeks ago I asked for recommendations on casual creature capture/battle RPG games, and although I ended up not really playing any creature capture games I've decided to cave in and buy Archvale for the full price (was waiting to see if it will go on sale for Chinese New Year for maybe a 10% or 20% off... It didn't lol). I've been wanting to play the game ever since watching devlogs of the game like years ago, and watching some other youtubers play the game when it got released really made me want to scratch my itch and buy the game right away.
It is by no means a "perfect" or even "finished" game, and I can write multiple paragraphs talking about suggestions and/or criticisms about the game at its current stage, but holy shit I loved every second that I put into the game. It was the most fun around the first 3-4 hours and then the progression of the game got rather boring, but a mixture of Terraria (in its crafting system and some of the weapons) and Gungeon (mainly regarding its bullet-hell) into a Bullet-Hell RPG is just SO fun.

Sometimes a game doesn't have to be perfect, well polished to be a good game worth experiencing. I'm glad you enjoyed the game. It's good that you've shared your thoughts about it.

Sorry for having to make you read through lengthy rumbly paragraphs lol, but it is without a doubt my most favorite game I've played this year yet, and I'd even put it in my top 10 games.

By no means, please don't be sorry. I appreciate when people take some of their time to write to me or others. It's a very nice thing to see, honestly!

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 month ago.

2 years ago

Closed 8 months ago by Vasharal.