It has been a week now since we've entered February. But I'd love to know what was your favorite game this January?

I'll go first: Halo - The Master Cheif Collection, particularly Halo Reach, Halo 1 & Halo 2. I'll be continuing Master Cheif's story with 3rd one as soon as I finish Dying Light 2. šŸ¤£

View attached image.
2 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Monster Hunter Rise was pretty fun .

And the open world Pokemon was nice. Cant rly think of any other game that came out last month that i really touched tho.

2 years ago

Is Monster Hunter Rise better than Underworld? I really enjoyed that game!

2 years ago

Finally tried out Danganronpa since it came to game pass. Really good game, and iā€™m not a fan of VNs usually.

2 years ago

Sometimes games can really surprise you! šŸ˜‰

2 years ago

Spelunky 2 on GP.

2 years ago

I've not played the series. I've heard it was good.

2 years ago

Some of the most airtight platforming games can offer. They're great.

2 years ago

Hmm... these were the games I played/completed in January:

• Tell Me Why
  • Golf With Your Friends
  • Tacoma
  • The Walking Dead: The Final Season
  • The Letter

I would recommend all of them actually! All of them are story based except for Golf, but none of them have spectacular stories, just decent if you're into their genres. I'd say Tell Me Why would be my favorite mostly because of the gorgeous scenery.

(As for actually released in January, NEEDY GIRL OVERDOSE / NEEDY STREAMER OVERLOAD is an... experience. I played it now in February though)

2 years ago

If you have the money I would recommend Life is Strange: True Colors over Tell Me Why.

2 years ago

I'd love to play it, I've heard it's good. But I haven't played my copy of Life is Strange 2 yet and many Square Enix games end up having pretty nice sales after a while, so I'll just play other story-based games in my backlog until it's time.

2 years ago

That's a smart move and true, Square Enix is pretty good with the giveaways.

2 years ago

You've played and finished quite a lot. That's good! I know some titles here, so you must have won them here?

2 years ago

No, I got these in other ways. Tell Me Why was free on Steam, I traded for The Letter a while ago, and the rest are from bundles I got. But what you say isn't far off, since it's probably more common for people to play bundled games here because of the exposure they get.

2 years ago

Peter Jackson's King Kong gamer's edition HD

View attached image.
2 years ago

Oh man! I love dinosaurs. That scene must have been epic!

2 years ago

1. OPUS: Echo of Starsong
  2. Life is Strange: True Colors
  3. Tell Me Why
2 years ago

OPUS: Echo of Starsong is definitely one of my top-3 games of 2021 (others being Black Book and Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo - in no particular order).

2 years ago

How is this OPUS game compared to the first two? I liked the first one's story and the actual gameplay was short and simple enough to not get in the way / not get too boring. Finished it in less than 2 hours. On the other hand I didn't really like the story and protagonists of the 2nd game and the actual gameplay was bad. Basically just lots of walking and collecting and it didn't feel rewarding or challenging at all. Took me about 6 hours to get to the end I think and by that point I was super bored with it.

2 years ago*

It's a combination of a space simulator (with simple economy and without combat), visual novel and some light puzzles. Basically, it's still a casual experience, but this time with proper gameplay. It's also much longer than the previous games (took me about 10 hours). And the story is definitely the best in the series so far.

2 years ago

You've played a lot, unlike me, I sicked to only a franchise/series.

2 years ago

Dying Light 2 is surprisingly fun, I'm enjoying it much more than the first game (there are some flaws, but nothing that can't be fixed by a mod or a trainer; so far I was fortunate enough to avoid any note-worthy bugs, experienced only minor stuff). But that's February. My January was very busy gaming-wise: I managed to complete God of War and Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous plus replayed the first Elex preparing for the second one's release (what can I say, I had a lot of free time). Not very impressed by God of War and can't understand all the praises: I mean, it's technically perfect, visually impressive and more or less decently written, but basically it's just another boring console hit. Elex is still deeply flawed and deeply enjoyable, love it. As for Pathfinder, for me a well-written turn-based CRPG is worth a dozen of gods of war.

2 years ago*

Dying Light 2 is surprisingly fun, I'm enjoying it much more than the first game (there are some flaws, but nothing that can't be fixed by a mod or a trainer; so far I was fortunate enough to avoid any note-worthy bugs, experienced only minor stuff).

Same. My experience with the game was overall pleasant and even with it's current flaws, I've recommended it to people. Price wise is a lot more than I'd pay at this stage, but I believe that fixes will come for the game and it will improve. I've never tried mods, as I'm playing co-op with my wife and I feel that might break some things.

My January was very busy gaming-wise: I managed to complete God of War and Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous plus replayed the first Elex preparing for the second one's release (what can I say, I had a lot of free time). Not very impressed by God of War and can't understand all the praises: I mean, it's technically perfect, visually impressive and more or less decently written, but basically it's just another boring console hit. Elex is still deeply flawed and deeply enjoyable, love it. As for Pathfinder, for me a well-written turn-based CRPG is worth a dozen of gods of war.

I've played God of War and I've enjoyed it quite a bit too. I felt I've not connected with Kratos as long time players of the series would. It's gorgeous as it is, but I wish I'd play the first 3 so then I get into this one, even if the story would not click all together. Being alongside the protagonist makes the whole character more memorable and enjoyable. We've all been deprived of that as PC gamers.

Pathfinder is a game I've been looking to play also. I've heard it's a solid game and I definitely like that. Elex is another title I'd jump into it once I finish some of the games. I keep forgetting to play it, but I'd love to try it. I understood that combat is clunky a bit and requires time getting used to it.

2 years ago

I will give you my Top 3:

1. The House in Fata Morgana (89/100)
  2. Control (86/100)
  3. Technobabylon (83/100)

Now give them back, they are mine mine mine!

Cheers!

2 years ago

Those are some dope recommendations! šŸ„°

2 years ago

Expeditions: Rome. It was very intense and fun

2 years ago

Have you've played the older ones?

2 years ago

Haven't tried it, but I'll definitely check it out now. Many write that these guys have come a long way of trial and error, I tend to believe. In "Rome" there are rough edges (regarding the global strategic part in act 3), but there are a lot of interesting ideas here and the plot is simply excellent.

2 years ago

Sometimes I choose to play the games for their story and ignore the flaws that comes up with if they are not game-breaking.

2 years ago

Hellpoint.

Took a while to like it, but I ended up loving it. I'd say at least beat 2-3 bosses to get a feel for the game.
Up there with the souls greats (DS1 & Bloodborne) even though it had a small dev team and is indie.

2 years ago

Oh I do have Hellpoint in my library. I've forgotten I even have it. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜…

2 years ago

About Released in january
Astroneer,God of War,Windjammers 2

About play in january i still play Below and i like it much,also if btw i have some personal problem so i must use reshade + some my personalized settings for fix it (zoom camera + better visual).

2 years ago

The only one I've played, but on PS4 was the God of War. What do you think of it? Did you enjoy it a lot?

2 years ago

The Storytelling and Visual is Excellent
Gameplay,Combats and Enviroments is good
Freedom,OpenWorld it's very horrible (sort of corridor\rail train game) but this i must say in the past is most of time a common factor for 90% of playstation games (if we exclude some wonderful games as jak&daxter or shadow of colossus etc.)
Physic it's very low or nearly existent (enemies bodies disappear too,that is something unaceptable in 2022 for me,but ok...)

This said i buy it at dayone and i think it was worth it ,i like it,hironically the same things can be said for horizon zero dawn.

Games as Zelda Breath Of The Wild btw (also if i'm NOT a big nintendo fan) is 9999 times better in how they interact with enviroments (Physics of Barrels or Arrows etc.)

Anyway yes i like god of war,even if i must say i'm really NOT a big fan of playstation,but god of war is beautiful game yes.

Personally i prefer games stealth as sekiro shadows die twice,sniper elite4,splinter cell,batman arkham knight,deus ex,prey, etc....

i like these more than god of war or action games in general i don't go crazy for games as god of war (or gears of war too)...

but this said god of war is beautiful game,without doubt.

2 years ago*

The Storytelling and Visual is Excellent
Gameplay,Combats and Enviroments is good
Freedom,OpenWorld it's very horrible (sort of corridor\rail train game) but this i must say in the past is most of time a common factor for 90% of playstation games (if we exclude some wonderful games as jak&daxter or shadow of colossus etc.)
Physic it's very low or nearly existent (enemies bodies disappear too,that is something unaceptable in 2022 for me,but ok...)

I like a lot linear games. I feel I don't need to bother exploring every nook and cranny for collectables or stuff like that. I get what you mean about the disappearing bodies. I know it's fantasy, but they could keep them there. It's cooler that way.

2 years ago

me is opposite hahhaa very hate can't go place,have same transparents wall air hit my face character hahaha,i like same witcher 3 or fallout 4 can go anywhere also for not do nothing hahahaha i'm crazy :D

in deus ex if u take body enemies can put one up to another make mountain of enemies hahaha i like same that,but many games miss

in halo infinite i go up up up to a mountain that games is not make for go,but i go hahahaha

2 years ago

I like just as much open world as I like linear. I get more relaxed in linear games if their story is the key feature. Eg. A Plague Tale: Innocence

2 years ago

Yes i understand you mean, i hope one day me too have the ability to appreciate linear instead of think\feel it bad like something that is limited hahaha ^_^.

2 years ago

Some games are really bad any way they are really. I love the exploration and the openness. But I feel that developers have misunderstood it with filler content and empty fields and that ruins it sometimes. I felt it was too long to finish AC Odyssey. Some games need to be a little smaller.

2 years ago

yes i understand your feel,if can help you,you can delete half files of the game,and make it be half hahaha :D

2 years ago

There were some games released in January? Bought Elex 2 and that is all I need for 2022.

2 years ago

Wait, you got to play the game already? How is it? Is it good? I've not played the first.

2 years ago

Divinity: Original Sin 2. What a cool game to play with friends

2 years ago

Absolutely! I didn't play the second much, but I've loved the first one. My wife and I enjoyed it so much!

2 years ago

I tried the first one too. But I only played it alone. It is definately more silly humour and light hearted than the second one. But the second one I feel has superior mechanics and growth structure. The first one is harder in this regard, imo. But still pretty nice games both of them.

2 years ago

I just didn't feel up to the task in going through it and my wife and I tried it twice to play it. I don't know why it didn't get us rolling. I am sure we'll like it as much as the first.

2 years ago

Lego Incredibles (so far); I'm only half-way done with the main storyline.

2 years ago

Is it a long game?

2 years ago

The story is about 12 hours or so I guess, hltb says like 30 iirc? to 100% it? That means at least 50% longer for me.

2 years ago

Looking at my blaeo report I picked BAD END THEATER as my favourite
As the name suggests you basically choose between 4 people leading them to many many bad endings

2 years ago

Bad endings? That sounds interesting. šŸ¤”šŸ˜Æ I wishlisted it!

2 years ago

I just finished Resident Evil 4, and got all the achievements.

2 years ago

That's awesome! I've not played any of the RE's because I'm scared to start them and feel constantly tense and scared. šŸ¤£

2 years ago

Haha I know that feel, when I play RE 4 on PS2. I'm 10 yo that time. The Chainsaw scare me a lot.

2 years ago

That's what my wife described to me, that it's terrifying before.

2 years ago

Hahaha šŸ¤£

2 years ago

dammit a chainsaw seriously. I thought i was free from the chainsaw man when I did the 5th game

2 years ago

Well just blast them with the infinite rocket launcher hahaha

2 years ago

Same for me :D I just can`t stand the suspense, but really really want to finish some of the RE games

2 years ago

If ever I start them, I'll surely finish it. I've played Dead Space and I've loved it, scary or not.

2 years ago

I Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age

2 years ago

I've not played any Final Fantasy games, which is your favorite?

2 years ago

Final Fantasy 12 Zodiac Age, a game that started from playstation 2 in 2006 and to this day I still play it, in terms of the story of each character, game play, background all very impressive to me

2 years ago

Woah, I thought the game got out a lot sooner.

2 years ago

2 years ago

So you're liking this one the most?

2 years ago

Yeah, ^_^

2 years ago

Inscryption. Usually, experimental games focus on the experimental part and the gameplay part isn't as polished. Not here! The card game mechanics and strategies are very well designed and fun.

2 years ago

This game is on my wishlist. Although I don't play much card games, this sparked my attention for some reason.

2 years ago

God of War. It's actually brilliant.

2 years ago

Glad you enjoyed it. Is it just me who liked actually Baldur a lot?

2 years ago

Sure, Baldur was great. I also quite like the actor (who was already pretty good in Lost).

2 years ago

Didn't know that. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø Good stuff!

2 years ago

• 428: Shibuya Scramble - I'm still playing it but I started last month lol. I'm quite enjoying it.
  • Superliminal - I enjoy minfucks and puzzle games, and this one has both. Better than Antichamber imo, although shorter.
  • Halo 3 - Been playing the original trilogy and this one I like more so far. I'll take a break on the franchise for a bit for now though :P
2 years ago

Superliminal - I enjoy minfucks and puzzle games, and this one has both. Better than Antichamber imo, although shorter.

This one I'm looking very much forward in playing and The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe.

Halo 3 - Been playing the original trilogy and this one I like more so far. I'll take a break on the franchise for a bit for now though :P

That's awesome! I plan to play this one as well. I am very much impressed by the graphic improvements for the Collection.

2 years ago

Favorite game I played this month .. The Wolf Among Us (a recent win from SG too) .. The story is top-notch

Ironically IGN having a Stream for "The Wolf Among Us 2" scheduled for later today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L73lfC7fuEo

2 years ago

Favorite game I played this month .. The Wolf Among Us (a recent win from SG too) .. The story is top-notch

I know! This game deserves a sequel!

I'm glad we're getting one!

2 years ago

God of War, simply wonderful!

2 years ago

What's your favorite character in the game?

2 years ago

Kratos, but I also loved Baldur

2 years ago

I liked Baldur a lot. His personality was fire!

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

2 years ago

I'm not familiar with the two, but I'm glad you brought them to my attetion.

I am planning though to play Shadowrun Trilogy. Do you think the newer ones are better?

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

2 years ago

Since I have a potato PC nothing new for me
But I`ve finally finished Batman: Arkham Asylum and enjoyed it.

And have gotten back to grinding ETS2 for achievements.

2 years ago

Since I have a potato PC nothing new for me
But I`ve finally finished Batman: Arkham Asylum and enjoyed it.

A great game for sure!

And have gotten back to grinding ETS2 for achievements.

You have 81 in total. Some of them are 0.3% globally completed. šŸ˜±

2 years ago

Yeah.. the rarest are for the newest DLC .. will probably increase once it gets discounted.. Don`t have the DLC myself, but still a lot of other achievements to get. For now seems like my rarest is 1.4%

Was rather close to some rare ones, but after reinstalling my windows kind of forgot to backup my saves... thought that the game had cloud saves... Unfortunately didn`t have at that point so had to start again :(

But well, since getting G29 it has been more fun at least

2 years ago

Isn't the game saved through the cloud with steam?

2 years ago

It is now.
Checked my achievement dates - had my previous playthrough (around 200 hours) back in 2018. Didn`t have cloud then unfortunately :(

2 years ago

Time has changed a lot. I do like the cloud saving from Steam to be honest. I remember getting into games I''ve played a year or more and just hopped on an old save and asking myself when did I play that and how far did I get. šŸ˜…

It's very useful if you get to reset your windows and have to delete all your games and files.

2 years ago

For me it's a nostalgia trip - Diablo 2 Resurrected. Bought it as a preorder long time ago, played some beta but bugs and server problems made me to leave it for quite a few months. Now it's all good :-)

2 years ago

They fixed it? That's really good man! I'm glad. What do you think of Microsoft acquiring Activision - Blizzard?

2 years ago

It's perfectly playable now, no major bugs so far or at least I didn't spot anything. Regarding acquisition I think that may be a change for the better. They have great IPs and under the new management maybe some good developers will come to them and make those games great again ;-)

2 years ago

I'll probably get the games I could not play. Like Call of Duty series I'd love as a Game Pass, at least the old ones so I can play the campaigns.

2 years ago

Closed 8 months ago by Vasharal.