ive entered in loads of gift things and stuff but i never win any of them, my friend on the other hand wins almost every time he bids, is it because he has put some games on this site to give away?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

lol are 42 loads? prepare to get dissapointed

1 decade ago

+1
ROFL

1 decade ago

look at me

1 decade ago

dont worry i won Dwarfs! from deve giveaway when i had like 700 entries >.>

1 decade ago

Look at me, look at me,
hands in the air like it's good to be

1 decade ago

Alive and I'm a famous rapper even when the paths are all crookedy

1 decade ago

:'(

1 decade ago

no its not.. and u have only entered 42 giveaways..
i got my 1st win after 300..
seriouly 42 giveaways entered in 7 months

1 decade ago

"Giveaways Entered:42"

There is your answer.

1 decade ago

And the answer to the ultimate quesstion it is.

1 decade ago

HOLY FLIPPIN SEAL CLUBBERS BATMAN. SOMEONE GET THIS MAN LATTE>

1 decade ago

seriously these guys should really fucking stop posting threads on why they're not winning.

1 decade ago

You've entered 42. There are people with >1000 entries that haven't won. Please come back when it's not about your win ratio.

1 decade ago

Lot's of people have entered more than 1400 times, with no wins... 42 isn't really anything to complain about...
anyway chances are equal for all, you just need to be lucky.

1 decade ago

I have 1,200 and never won (a public one), and there are people with more than that who never won either

1 decade ago

^ What he said.

@ duck74:
It is simply a lottery. You enter, in the hope that by random chance, you are the lucky winner out of usually a couple of 100 other people. I have entered giveaways of one particular title 38 times, of which 3 are still ongoing. So yeah. Don't get your hopes up and don't take it too seriously; if you win, awesome, if you don't, you lose nothing. Well, in your (duck74) case, your patience =P

1 decade ago

He thought the meaning of life would bring him luck

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

1 decade ago

While traveling around SteamGifts, you'll no doubt find several altars to the ancient mods of the website. If you talk to E.T. Xarabas at the university in Forum, he'll give you some clues about what the altars can do. In particular, he'll give you a book describing the gods and what you should offer them, and he'll have a painting called "Thejadefalcon's Mystery" hanging on his wall. The painting gives you the relationships between the gods.

If you just go to an altar and give the correct offering, you'll get a blessing. The trick is to give the offerings in the correct order so you can accumulate blessings and eventually gain cg's (the admin's) blessing.

There are three circles of mods. When you give an offering to the greater mod at the end of a circle, you'll lose all the other blessings from that circle. And when you gain the blessing from cg, you'll lose the blessings from the greater mods. However, you don't have to continue making offerings if you don't want to. If you prefer the blessing you have to the one you would gain, then there's no reason to continue.

Here are the mods you need to donate to, in the order you need to make the donations:

First Circle

Lesser mod: ....

1 decade ago

Screenshotted. This made my day.

1 decade ago

I won my 1st game right after my 1450th entry (apart from the 2:1 with Faerie Solitaire).

1 decade ago

I'm at 1593 entries/0 wins. It can take a while.

1 decade ago

Wow, that's a lot of entries hahaa

1 decade ago

Based on the entries for tubberware's giveaways, I'm not the highest but I am high-ranking.

1 decade ago

Put your middle finger of your right hand in your left ear, your winning chance will increase by 60%!

1 decade ago

There is one easy trick to win most of the giveaways. This how you do it, you gotta... (Remember to pass it to your friends)

1 decade ago

You don't win. Now go to the magical land of outside and get a life

1 decade ago

think of it this way... if you enter contests with say 1000 entries each, you have a .1% chance to win (ie, 1 in 1000 chance).

the easy way to think of this is that you'd need to enter 1000 contests of that size to win. not really though, there's a lot of other math involved (you can find my other thread that goes into detail about this) so you never get anywhere near a 100% chance to win... well, unless you're the only one entering...

anyways, let's just say your chances to win are very very small so only 42 tries is not a lot.

1 decade ago

42 lol

I smell a troll

1 decade ago

I don't think complaining will increase your chances.

1 decade ago

You need to be lucky to win anything. There's some ways to win stuff a lot easier but they require you to contribute as much as you win.
I consider myself to be extremely lucky and my entry/win-ratio is 510:4.

1 decade ago

"42 entered" LOL

1 decade ago

i have over 600 entries and ive won 4 i dare not complain since it took like 3 to 400 entries before i got my first win so like most of these guys said prepare to be dissapointed

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by duck74.