Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/646910/The_Crew_2/

Discount up until September 23.

Edit: Offline mode confirmed! You can check on the official video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nij-T01zQzk

(offline mode confirmed from 1:20 to 1:45)

More info can be found HERE

1 week ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Worth it?

View Results
Yes
No
Already have it

"Please at least give us a Euro! We are desperate!"

1 week ago

View attached image.
1 week ago

That's a really great deal, almost generous from Ubi. I was checking if this means they will stop support on the game and end servers, but it seems they engaged in keeping it playable in offline mode anyway so I grabbed it, for 1€ that is a gift. Thanks for the heads up BattleChaing :)

1 week ago

You're welcome!

1 week ago

For $0.8 I'm willing to take the risk, specially now that they promised an offline mode to avoid it suffering the same fate as The Crew 1.
Also, I'm almost certain than 98% off is a bug/mistake, so I bought it just in case it gets fixed later on.

1 week ago

Yeah, they meant to put a -98% discount on the gold edition but applied it to standard by mistake. ;-)
Hopefully they fix it soon!

1 week ago

I don't think it's a bug, it's the same price on Ubi's own store and just a few cents more on console digital stores

1 week ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 week ago.

1 week ago

it's not a mistake, it's 98% off on Xbox as well

1 week ago

I don't get it. Everyone crying over Ubisoft 24/7, then rush to buy their game - which predecessor they removed from people's libraries basically - because it's cheap? F-Ubisoft.

1 week ago

Ubisoft said we should get use to not owning games so I rather buy a hot dog

1 week ago

You also shouldn't get used to owning a hot dog. It'll either get eaten or go bad and get thrown out.

1 week ago

1 week ago

View attached image.
1 week ago

The forever hot dog!

1 week ago

I guess they'll pull the plug soon, not worth it.
Also doesn't work on Linux due to BattleEye.

People should stop buying always-online single player games.

1 week ago

I just said on the post that it's going to get an offline mode soon.

1 week ago

That's nice (and how things should be). Though if they're not going to remove BattleEye, offline doesn't mean anything for Linux and Steam Deck. Hopefully they will but I don't trust Ubisoft.

1 week ago

I'm giving Ubisoft one last chance. I stopped buying their games because of the online only nonsense and the removal of The Crew from my account despite getting it for free from them. Delist the game, shut it down, whatever, but I should still be able to play it solo offline if I want to. If they don't hold true to their word of adding an offline mode to The Crew 2 so I can keep playing the game after it inevitably gets shut down, I will be permanently done with Ubisoft. I haven't even bought Star Wars Outlaws yet (and might not) and I love Star Wars despite how bad Disney has made it.

1 week ago

Fair enough, but I don't think they will go back on their word since this will make a lot of people angry (also it can't be difficult to make an offline mode).

1 week ago

They made a lot of people angry when they lost access to DLC and expansions in pre-Ubisoft Connect titles, then removed The Crew from everyone's library, and Ubisoft didn't care. This means they could still say at some point that's not possible to add an offline mode anymore and move on. They don't care what people think, they only care to sell, sell, sell.

1 week ago

Online servers going to go offline soon, probably, like the Crew.

Well, it's a 98% discount. I think it's clear it will No Value soon in SG

1 week ago

If they were so benevolent, this discount would've applied to the other editions, but they're not even on sale

Even when the game is dying, they want people to buy their DLCs and packs or be stuck with a standard edition of the game forever (once delisted)

1 week ago

$1 for hundreds of hours of content is pretty nice.

And the Gold Edition is also on sale for $18 on their website if you really just gotta have even more Crew 2.

1 week ago

The only reason I am buying it is because of promised offline mode.

1 week ago*

I thought Valve had restricted any sales above 90% and they couldn't go above it?

98% off is crazy!

1 week ago

If I'm not remembering this wrong that rule doesn't apply to big publishers, they get special deals and are allowed to do some things that others can't. It's not really fair but Valve implemented those restrictions to stop asset flippers and other small devs that exploited the system, not for the the massive corporations that make them gain lots of money.

1 week ago

I remember when cs2 was csgo back in 2015. counterstrike complete pack(cs,cz,css and csgo) was -95%.

1 week ago

That restriction has been lifted a few months ago, now it's only about minimum price again.

1 week ago

The %OFF can't make that the sale go below certain value. If i not wrong, i remember to read something like that the price of anything can't be lower than 0.49 U$D.

1 week ago

Thanks, for 1€ and guaranteed offline it's a fantastic deal!

1 week ago

Brave of you further fund Ubisoft.

1 week ago

For 1€ I will bite.

1 week ago

I mean, yeah it's only $1... but if they don't come through with the Offline mode? Then what.

I will buy it but ubisoft better keep their word, I've already been avoiding them for a bit now.

1 week ago*

Are they gonna shut down servers for this one as well or why is this only 1€?

1 week ago

Last thing I need right now is more racing games, but for $1 and the promise of offline mode, I'll grab it for my future grandkids :)

1 week ago

For €1, and the fact they're backpedalling one their stance and add ofline mode to TC2. Might as well. Can't be worse than the €80- I spend on my FH5 pre-order...

1 week ago

Bought... never will play it but.. i bought

1 week ago

View attached image.
1 week ago

After all what they have done in the past, I don't trust Ubisoft anymore. USD $1 is stil too much to waste on them.

1 week ago

Bought, can't wait for it to be pulled from my library like they did with the first one.

1 week ago

I wonder if this will be some kind of revenge from Ubi against gamers for the lower sales of Star War Outlaws. LOL!

Joke aside, my concern with these Bugisoft games is that when the time comes they close the servers, and since an online connection (to those servers) is mandatory, the game ends up being just "another brick in the wall" ;) of my library as happened with so many others. Bugysoft games including The Crew.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/the-crew/the-crew/news-updates/mOR3tviszkxfeQCUKxhOV/an-update-on-the-crew

https://www.ubisoft.com/es-es/game/the-crew/the-crew/news-updates/mOR3tviszkxfeQCUKxhOV/actualizacin-sobre-the-crew

1 week ago*

I don't know why people insist on making this game a bomb. It is selling.

5 days ago

Maybe because gamers don't feel comfortable not owning the games that Ubisoft try to sells us? ;D

"gamers should be “comfortable with not owning” their games"
Philippe Tremblay, Ubisoft's director of subscriptions

5 days ago

Yeah Ubisoft really needs to purge their management and marketing people. Some of their games deserve better than these boneheads

5 days ago

Such a high discount could be a sign that it will be delisted from Steam soon.

1 week ago

After what they did to The Crew 1, not even free.

Not even if they pay ME money.

1 week ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.