Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/646910/The_Crew_2/

Discount up until September 23.

Edit: Offline mode confirmed! You can check on the official video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nij-T01zQzk

(offline mode confirmed from 1:20 to 1:45)

More info can be found HERE

6 days ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Worth it?

View Results
Yes
No
Already have it

looks like they will pull the plug soon just like they did with the first one.

6 days ago

exactly. get a few more dollars before they dip

6 days ago

is there offline single player? anyone know?
could care less about servers getting pulled
edit: thanks for answers, removed from cart and added to steam ignore list... offline single player would have gotten a sale >>
second edit: since offline single player confirmed, bought!

6 days ago*

It's online single player
Just like The Crew 1

6 days ago

According to PCGamingWiki, it doesn't seem to.

6 days ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 days ago.

6 days ago

I was checking the game discussions and I ended finding this here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/646910/discussions/0/4751949102181507203/

Offline mode is confirmed!

6 days ago

RIP $1.08 steam wallet, +1 backlog... will be a long time before I get to this, have some racing game wins to play first.

6 days ago

lol sounds like it's gonna be unplayable in a few months

6 days ago

Thanks info.

6 days ago

seems like The Crew 3 coming soon..

6 days ago

classic

6 days ago

They already have it and it's called The Crew: Motorfest and it's not doing very well. That's why they shut down The Crew.

6 days ago

Price Glitch?

6 days ago

Could be. Ubi doesn't tend to do historical lows on Steam before they did it on their own store

6 days ago

No

6 days ago

nah, its same price elsewhere to.
definitely a promotion for something... new DLC or unplugging servers soon, who knows.

6 days ago

Probably trying to encourage players to buy the season pass by giving them a $1 reason to try the game out to begin with. I'm sure there will be plenty of people who buy it for a buck, like it, and want the extra content.

6 days ago

Tbh, the season pass is not worth the price. You only get cars, all of them mid-tier, and a rather low discount on in-game currency for buying other cars.

6 days ago

That's my own perspective on it as well. I'm happy to play the base game.

6 days ago

Hope to see you in game ;)

6 days ago

I did actually download it a little while ago, so I expect that will be a possibility.

6 days ago

I hope that doesn't mean the game is getting the Crew treatment any time soon because they said they were closing The Crew to keep TC2 alive but then... wouldn't be the first time Ubi$oft lies.
I have about 600 hours in the game and it's has so much content and so much variety, it's still pretty fun to play after all this time.
Well worth the price even with the annoying dual client issue.

At least all the Ubi-haters won't have to break the bank to buy the game and leave it open for 10 mn before they review bomb it.

6 days ago*

that poll. i mean, THE CREW T W O

a single buck. yes?

6 days ago

I mean...for a buck, I'll try it out. I'm sure I'll get a dollar's worth of gaming out of it even if it does end up getting delisted eventually.

6 days ago

Thx!

6 days ago

Thanks! Nice giveaway material! ;-)

6 days ago

The Gold Edition is -80% on Ubisoft Store, worth mentioning.
https://store.ubisoft.com/eu/the-crew-2/598c6a3e0c8ee469268b4568.html

6 days ago

I had just started playing the fist game. But then they killed it so that it was not even playable offline. I'm not interested in paying anything unless it will continue to be playable in single player mode once they likely kill the servers. Given the history, no thanks.

6 days ago

Yes it worth. 1€ for this game its insane, everyone who likes racing games and dont have, just buy it, its a solid racing game.

6 days ago

After The Crew 1 nope, 1 € is too much for future server off.

6 days ago

6 days ago

nice, thank you

6 days ago

There has been some discussion stating that Ubisoft is going to be making it playable offline soon so I don't mind gambling $1 on that, either they will or I'll get $1 of enjoyment out of it before it's delisted.

6 days ago

Same @pholly

6 days ago

Honestly the game is lots of fun so for 1 buck even if it's just a few more months of gameplay, it's well worth it

6 days ago

They just confirmed offline mode for both c2 and motorsports
https://x.com/Ubisoft_Spain/status/1833543518372901083

6 days ago

They literally made a tweet right now saying that they gonna make crew 2 offline eventually.

"We heard your concerns about access to The Crew games

Today, we want to express our commitment to the future of The Crew 2 and The Crew Motorfest.

We can confirm an offline mode to ensure long term access to both titles, stay tuned for more news in the next months."

https://x.com/TheCrewGame/status/1833543516506435739

6 days ago

That's good news. I guess their sales of The Crew Motorza Horizon tanked a little after they did with The Crew

6 days ago

With offline mode they will also ditch the anticheat, right? Because currently it breaks the game on Linux/SteamDeck...

6 days ago

Thanks bro @BattleChaing just bought it.

6 days ago

And the GAs start rolling in. Question: with 98% off, is the game going to 0 CV or just reduced CV?

6 days ago

reduced

6 days ago

Has now 0 CV:

View attached image.
6 days ago

Yeah that's hardly surprising. At least a few people made GAs for it. It's a good game.

6 days ago

Racing is fun, but it's also a fun game to just drive.
However, the initial settings aren't very good, so I strongly recommend setting it up by referring to videos, etc.

6 days ago

And then give us back the freaking "The Crew 1" and I'd consider changing the negative review of "The Crew 2" to positive. 👎😡

6 days ago

I will wait until the offline mode is actually out before I consider buying it. I suggest you to keep waiting. I need offline mode for my first one as well.

6 days ago

It's a 1$ gamble. In the meantime you get to play a cool game for 1 buck.

6 days ago

0.8$ isnt bad imo

6 days ago

Ubisoft Connect, BattlEye rootkit, AND VMProtect? You'd have to pay me, and more than $1.

6 days ago

I can flip a $1 coin to see if they go through with the offline promise.
That would mean removing ubi connect and battleye, right?
No idea what VMProtect is and how it works, though.

6 days ago

No, you can play games through Ubi when offline just like you can with Steam.
Can't tell about the two others.

6 days ago

VMProtect is to protect against piracy. It could have been there at one point, but I don't see VMProtect currently.

5 days ago*

You can play it through GFN. No Battleye, no VMProtect.

6 days ago

But yes potato graphics and stutters unless you have fiber...

6 days ago

I do and I still have to avoid certain hours (like weekend prime time) but other times, it runs well on ultra settings
I just have to remember to change them every time because GFN will set you up with mid-level graphic settings if you use a free account. You can change it though

6 days ago

I don't. :') I used to play a lot on it, but now with certain circumstance changes I barely do anymore (just logging in to DBD from time to time).
Used to be a really handy service, now the queue times feel kinda random (could be instant, could be 8 hours long and I am sadly not exaggerating), so eh.

6 days ago

I guess it depends where you are. Last year I was back in Canada visiting my family and queuing time was insane (it was during the holidays though) but in France, the longest I ever waited was 10 mn. Most of time I start queuing and miss the beginning of my session because I expected it to queue longer and I am doing something else.

6 days ago

I guess so. 🤷‍♂️ Depends on the game, too. The not-exaggerated example I gave were literally on a Saturday and a Sunday: Saturday evening I played 3 or 4 sessions in a row on Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodhunt, with a queue of 100+ but getting in the game within 20 seconds. The next day, I started queuing Rocket League in the morning at 400+ or something, and kept on queuing until the evening... And yes, the same queue, didn't miss and requeue. ._.

5 days ago

Yeah weekends prime time are a killer. I only play at night on the weekends.
I would say they are trying to sell their premium subs to skip queues but since queuing times are reasonable in other time slots, I think it's really just a matter of crowded queues.
Sometimes I wonder if some games are not throttled. Like big multiplayers like Rocket League for example

5 days ago

Exactly same thoughts about the premium subs (and I'm never going to spend money on those, I'd rather just get an actual PC instead of a cloud gaming sub).
And yeah, it literally took me a year or two to be able to try Destiny 2... It kept on telling me "at capacity" for that game specifically, not other games, and that was back when GFN was still quite new.

5 days ago

ah yes, thanks for the reminder, I think I still have the subscription running!

6 days ago

Most online games use 3rd party anticheat tech such as BattlEye, EAC(Easy Anti-Cheat), and VAC. You play other games that have anticheat software in them. Is there a particular issue that you have against BattlEye, but not the other ones?

With regards to VMProtect, I don't see it in The Crew 2 currently.

5 days ago*

VAC is fine, as are other userspace anticheats, but I don't do any kernel-level anticheats - they're rootkits waiting to be exploited, and they don't actually do shit to prevent cheating, they just make it marginally easier to track down cheaters after the fact. EAC didn't exactly stop hackers from achieving real-time remote code execution to hack an Apex Legends tourney live, nor did it do anything to terminate the connections of players now running blatantly obvious hacks. For the record, I'm not insinuating the blame lies with EAC itself for the hack - that goes to Apex itself for building on an ancient and unpatched version of Source - but it certainly didn't do anything to 'anti' the cheats.

If you look through my library, I think the only game with playtime that A) actively enforces a kernel-level anticheat and B) doesn't run on Linux (which rightfully refuses the kernel-level access these anticheats ask for) was Destiny 2, which I played for three or four days in a clean WIndows install before deciding it wasn't worth the hassle.

Incidentally, The Crew 2 doesn't seem to ship a Linux-enabled version of BattlEye anyways, so unless I want to play via streaming (which seems like a bad idea for a racing game) the whole argument's mostly moot anyways.

Regarding VMProtect, I'm not sure if it's currently used or not, as it's all but dead these days, but it's still listed in the game's system requirements on the store page.

5 days ago

streaming for racing games is fine, i played 98 hours of FH4 all on GFN with very minimal issues (shoutout having to play every-other-day to get the achievement for the playlist!)

5 days ago

This. We could discuss the pros of normalizing the use of kernel-level anticheats if it was actually effective, as it would mean it isn't just a blatant security risk that is also useless. As it stands, it's too big a hazard for too little gain. Devs don't want to put the work into something like a server-side anticheat. With enough logs, we should be able to tell human behaviour from bot behaviour, without opening doors for high-privilege malware on machines that store critical information about our lives...

5 days ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.