There's been way too many threads calling someone out lately, so I'm going to make a thread for those of you who need to reread the FAQ. You do not call out people on the forums or the chat. Ever. Even if you have seemingly undeniable proof they're a scammer or they're trading wins or whatever, never post about them in the forum or chat. You report them here, in Support.

The reason for this is not so that scammers can continue running around doing harm because we're secretly in league with them. It's because what if you get it wrong? What if an innocent user gets a stain on their reputation, gets abuse and death threats for something they didn't do? Being called a scammer is a punch in the testicles, and that hurts the person you're punching long after you've said "Sorry, looks like you were the wrong person."

Go to Support.

Update: Recently, there's been some people banding together to make a list of people commiting feedback fraud (fake, high value private giveaways to increase contribution value), regifting wins and other things. This is fine and is actually very much appreciated by Support. Once we can deal with it, this will probably be invaluable. What is not fine is posting this link on the forums or publically advertising its existence (have it listed on the group page by all means, but do not mention it as existing in your topics).

I have spent months waiting for the ability to shut down and deal with calling out threads, along with many other necessary abilitis. All of us, mod or regular member, have. I am not going to spend my time now that I have the ability to enforce the rules by screwing around and playing favourites. With anyone, for anything. No calling out threads of any sort. End of debate. Please see my other thread for what Support can and can not do right now and please understand that these situations will take time, even if we were at full strength (we are not). Thank you for your time and please understand that letting this site rot is not what we intend, and that we are doing what we can. Currently, any tickets in Support are being answered swiftly and promptly in the sections we can see. There is no backlog in the sections we can currently handle. That should tell you how well we are doing right now.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

bump

1 decade ago

God, I can't wait for the ability to ban people.

1 decade ago

Me neither.

1 decade ago

;( wat has i done

1 decade ago

you didn't give us skyrimz thats why

1 decade ago

That hat, those fake eyelashes and that lipstick. That's what, bogs.

the dong is fine

1 decade ago

Thanks Jade, glad this rule is finally getting some of the enforcing it needs. Should make the forums a better place.

1 decade ago

Thanks Jade! Just let us know when to duck and cover.

1 decade ago

Wait, wait....I recently highlited 3 users to support that did not redeemed their gifts - just checked and they are not suspended. Does it mean that one cannot do anything about it?

1 decade ago

For now, yes. We're currently waiting on getting such powers again.

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

I want to say that I am sorry for calling out a user. I wasn't sure if it was considered calling out because it was not related to a giveaway. My bad.

1 decade ago

Keep up the great work.

One question, though. I'd like to help out with the feedback fraud list. Who should I talk to in order to be part of that group?

1 decade ago

shrugs Didn't look at their name.

1 decade ago

The group is Hammer of Justice, i think. You can probably find it by using the search option on the forum.

1 decade ago

Thanks Azuranski. I'm guessing it's the SG Hammer of Justice group.

[EDIT: It's by invite only, though...]

1 decade ago

I hope support responds faster next time I report :-)

1 decade ago

abilitis

Thank you, Jade. Rarely I link an user in the chat so more people can report it. I have no interest on joining a Steam Group for this. Shall I directly add a ticket next time, since your backlog is small?

1 decade ago

No, just report users with the new method.

1 decade ago

Give me the pizza!

1 decade ago

Man this guy BrainFlush he's a....

1 decade ago

Saw this and was like "How is a 4 month old post updated 6 months ago?".
Screw DD/MM/YYYY format, and the 'Murikan MM/DD/YYYY format too. Dates should be written YYYY/MM/DD for quick and easy sorting.

1 decade ago

Bump before users create tickets after being banned for this.

1 decade ago

Why again is this even a rule? Seems like a tremendous waste of resources to enforce.

1 decade ago

It's rude and inappropriate behavior to target individuals and falls under harassment. Here

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by thejadefalcon.