So I just put up a $300 listing for an emoticon. The emoticon is for a relatively new game that just recently got steam trading cards. My listing is the only one there right now and the second in history so far. So do you guys think anyone would be willing to buy it?

P.S. If somebody does actually buy it I'll be sure to make giveaway here.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Yeah, i'll buy it. Tommorow, i'll receive money from my bank account to PayPal. Please contact me asap.

1 decade ago

I doubt anybody would pay $300 for an emoticon.

1 decade ago

no one is going to buy a star for 300..... sr mate

1 decade ago

Do you really think people are that retarded?

1 decade ago

I would gladly buy it, but I am waiting to hear back from a Nigerian Prince about a large sum of money.

1 decade ago

People are stupid but not that stupid.

1 decade ago

you are right...they are stupiderer xD

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

1 decade ago

Im not sure even an emoticon of gabens face would fetch 300 dollars.

1 decade ago

$300 no!, $299.95 yes!

1 decade ago

I doubt that anyone would buy any emoticon for 3$, not to mention 300$.

1 decade ago

The cannabis leaf from Port Royale 3 baselines (currently) at $11.42, and if you look there are purchases from back when it was almost $40, so yea, some people would.

1 decade ago

I sold an Ittle Dew emoticon on Steam for around 5-6 dollars at one point, cost them more than it cost me to buy the game.

1 decade ago

The weed one from Port Royale 3 isn't even that much, and it's the most expensive I've seen.

1 decade ago

No.

1 decade ago

Surprised to see people even paying upwards of 1$ for "rare" or "uncommon" backgrounds. My biggest sale was the Shadow Warrior Deadly Kiss "uncommon" background and I sold it for $1.10

These things shouldn't even be worth ANYTHING but then.. people will buy anything. I've seen soiled undies for sale on ebay years ago with a buyer.

1 decade ago

I've bought soiled undies on eBay.

1 decade ago

Many backgrounds are free if you use Enhanced Steam

1 decade ago

you do realize only you see those backgrounds that you set with Enhanced Steam, right?

1 decade ago

LΓΈl OP is suspended. I wonder what he did?

1 decade ago

now that you mention it, im kinda curious too

1 decade ago

I dont know if this was the case,but his 1st win doesnt show up in his account

1 decade ago

You may be right, but after 10 months, not so sure.

1 decade ago

It's actually quite plausible. This thread brought attention to him, and people were obviously going to check out his steam profile through it. It only take one observant person that values the rules of this site to have noticed that and reported it. I noticed it just now, and would've reported it if he wasn't already suspended.

1 decade ago

It's funny how many people I've seen get caught out on the forums like this, and I only joined in December.

1 decade ago

And.. now someone else is selling the same emoticon for $3.16, lets see which one sells first. My guess none of them. XD

1 decade ago

Yeah, they had that listed when he first posted this thread.

1 decade ago

Oh, thanks. Didn't notice.

1 decade ago

someone put it here for 2.3 euros :D haha

1 decade ago

Wait, are we talking about stupid smilie in steam, that the OP sells for 300$ ? Maybe I missed something in this life, but WTF?!1

1 decade ago

I dont want to sound really rude but... Cant happen!!!!!!... $300 bucks for an emoticon is really INSANE!!!... I imagine that the guy who buy this should be rich and dumb, almost losing its mind, or be 99.9% crazy with access to a credit card to buy that for that price (Just my opinion, I don't pretend to offend, probably the guy that bought this kind of stuff for this price is really smart, one never knows). Proooobably, only found one or two time unusual, but for a new emoticon... No way in a logical world!. Anyways... GOOD LUCK!, one never knows. People sometimes make weird things with their money. o.o

I just think like this... Imagine that you are hanging out with your friends and you told them... hey dudes, I bought this virtual chat emoticon for 300 bucks. Probably they will see you a little different.

(This post is one of those that you see unusually... one in a million)

1 decade ago

in the trading card beta i sold a foil for $200

1 decade ago

If it's something "cool" like a weed symbol or an anime character there is actually a slim chance an idiot may buy it.
More likely scenario: numbers will rise and the price will drop to < $1 within one week. So if you weren't that greedy and sold it for like $5-10 bucks now, there'd actually be a real chance to make some bucks out of nothing.

1 decade ago

Not going to happen, even the couple numbnuts who have :weed: posted for a few hundred bucks never get a sale.

1 decade ago

It can

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by icametokill2o9.