Today is no special day between my cake day (5th) and my birthday, both in October. However I have no will or reason to celebrate any of them. Today is not the day halfway between both dates, nor any specific day for some reason. It's just a saturday, between both dates. (I just realized today is 5th and it was my 5th cakeday - it was pure coincidence.)

I skipped intentionally my cakeday, without its customary giveaway(s) intentionally. I'll not do any other gibs for my birthday either, as I said I have zero motivation to celebrate any of those days. This year has been increasingly hard and complex, and is weighing down on me with borderline cruelty.

But I'm not here to frolic in self pity, and I don't want to appear as a victim or asking for pity. We all have our troubles and obstacles to overcome. I can't do much for that, neither for you nor for me.

Instead, I'm going to do something I've been thinking about this year for 284 people. I've wiped my blacklist. While I'm very aware some of those people don't deserve it, I decided to not nitpick and just leave the slate clean. My only regret will be that the last times I've given a second chance to someone, I've received nothing but pain. A risk that, well, I hope here will not be anything but disappointment.

Probably most of those people will not even notice it. They will enter one of my giveaways (none running currently, but soon) and not remember that they weren't able before it. Most of them will not have learned why they were blacklisted and will not learn any lesson. I'm not responsible for that and I'll blacklist them again, not even remembering if they were blacklisted before or not. A few I'll remember, for sure. I don't expect to be removed from any blacklist either, and I'm not asking for that. There would be no reason to reset the blacklist as "gift", then.

With not much else to add, I wish you happy days.

P.S.: rate my english from 0 (I didn't understand anything) to 10 (I have career and several masters in english philology and you're perfect). Don't point errors, just rate if you're making a comment.

1 hour ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Do you think what I've done is right?

View Results
Yes with roasted potatoes
No with fries and 3 sauces

Happy late cakeday!

English rating: 2π

1 hour ago

7/10
Wouldn't have notice if u said, your English wasn't great or something. My favorite part of the passage was the expression ' frolic in self pity'. Very nice!

About the BL stuff: Meh...don't care much, people who were BL-ed probably don't either. I only want to wish you a Happy Birthday in advance. If you don't want to celebrate, then don't. But please do not put yourself down. You add value here and IRL. If you realise that then that is enough, you need no validation from anyone.🤝

1 hour ago

I sure hope, that things turn for the better for you. Cheers :)

1 hour ago

I'm sorry you're going through a tough time. I can empathize, this year has been pretty rough.

I hope things improve for you.

1 hour ago

10/10
Here, language is used to communicate. You expressed your thoughts and feelings perfectly and there is nothing to criticize.

1 hour ago

Not pitying you, but I hope the world will be less cruel to you in the future.
Good luck with that BL wipe as it shows generosity, but is also asking for trouble.

As a non native speaker I'd rate you 8, at least.

1 hour ago

Happy belated cakeday and soon-to-be birthday. Even if you don’t want to celebrate your birthday, maybe treat yourself to something small - a pastry on the way to work or a game you’ve been wanting for a while.
I hope things get better for you soon.

56 minutes ago

Happy days still.

And i know your feeling, i had mine bday on sep 1, it's always that other people still want to do something for you.
At an early age i wasn't invited anymore to kids bday parties so my parents also didn't me let have one anymore, so at an early age i learned not to have a big deal about it anymore and i always find it it's just one more year closer to the end (with still not any set goals reached...and time is ticking). But also here no self pity.

52 minutes ago

Well, I for one am celebrating this day and any other day for you being part of this community. And you can't do anything about that! 🥳

I hope here will not be anything but disappointment

I am not sure if you intended to write it like that, but I do fear that this hope will come true.

Since I am not a native speaker myself and I don't have a career and several masters in english philology, I can't in good conscience judge anything above an 8/10. The important thing is: can you get your points across and do we understand each other? That being said, there's always room for improvement. I am also totally not deflecting your attention from the fact, that I didn't actually rate your english. 😛

Happy days, JMM! 😁

37 minutes ago

Happy cakeday JMM72. Have a hug!

Your English is pretty good. 8,5

35 minutes ago

8/10
Your English is good. I hope you enjoy your birthday when it arrives!

32 minutes ago

Happy late cakeday and happy upcoming cumpleaños <3

27 minutes ago

8/10 on English which honestly is much better than I'd give a lot of native speakers. Sorry to hear things have been rough lately, I hope they get better for you and happy birthday.

16 minutes ago

Happy early birthday, buddy!
10/10 because my English isn't as good as yours, y sobre todo porque soy ferpecto. 🙃 The last word is a reference to a beloved Spanish movie
Un abrazo!

10 minutes ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.