https://www.nvidia.com/en-eu/geforce/graphics-cards/40-series/rtx-4060-4060ti

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-rtx-4060-4060ti/ <- more informative page

Same as rumours said earlier

• GeForce RTX 4060 Ti (8 GB) Coming May 24 (399$)
  • GeForce RTX 4060 Ti (16 GB) Coming July (499$)
  • GeForce RTX 4060 Coming July (299$)

EDIT2: apparently some people just don't like me, have received 8 blacklists since creation of this thread

EDIT3: cheers EmeraldTablet for GamersNexus' video
seeing first benchmarks, even I have to admit that 4060 Ti is not even worth consideration for the performance it offers (maybe only if your GPU is end of life cycle) :P

1 year ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Is 40 series too expensive?

View Results
Way too expensive
Little bit overpriced
No, I love those rays more than rasterization
I let Jensen take all my savings

Jensen went full zombie a few weeks ago; Broke into my house and bit a nice big chunk out of my bank account. The 4090 FE that he left behind is nice, but my bank account is still hospitalized from the ordeal.

1 year ago

Wishing your bank account a speedy recovery. Hopefully that 4090 won't turn into zombie AI :O

1 year ago

Damn, people really thunk $300-$500 is expensive? Remember when i had to search for a video card last year and they were $600-$1000, the good ones that is.

1 year ago

Really depends on their income, location, and life situation what's going to be affordable. There are some areas of North America where rent has increased so much in the last few years that people who were otherwise doing well are now barely able to afford a roof over their head. The economy is also looking like it might drop off a cliff at any moment, which definitely gives a lot of people pause when it comes to deciding on unnecessary expenses.

1 year ago

well that was extreme condition, and just like jiggakills pointed about POV

let's say average car costs 20k, due to some unfortunate events they will up the price to 80k and once everything settles they will cost 40k - they still are expensive nevertheless the fact that used to be even more expensive

1 year ago

Out of interest, as I'm hoping to build a gaming PC in the next year or two - what would a good price for a GPU of this power/range be, and is there a better alternative for the price? I'll quite possibly want to build as high-end as possible but a mid-range 4060/70 or equivalent would still be more powerful than the mobile 3060 I'm using (which is great, btw, and I'll still keep this laptop until it dies).

1 year ago

as you will upgrade in later future, then maybe prices will come down
but performance wise they ain't expensive if they had released them couple years back

also to consider how much room they leave for 4050 for price and specs

Card VRAM Price Year
GTX 660 2/3GB $230 2012
GTX 660 Ti 2GB $300 2012
GTX 760 2/4GB $249 2013
GTX 760 Ti 2GB OEM 2013
GTX 960 2/4GB $199 2015
GTX 1060 3GB $199 2016
GTX 1060 6GB $249 2016
GTX 1660 6GB $219 2019
GTX 1660 Super 6GB $229 2019
GTX 1660 Ti 6GB $279 2019
RTX 2060 8GB $349 2019
RTX 2060 Super 8GB $399 2019
RTX 2060 8GB $329 2020
RTX 2060 12GB $??? 2021
RTX 3060 12GB $329 2021
RTX 3060 8GB $329 2022
RTX 3060 Ti 8GB $399 2020-2022
RTX 4060 8GB $299 2023
RTX 4060 Ti 8GB $399 2023
RTX 4060 Ti 16GB $499 2023
1 year ago*

I'm hyped. Gonna get my 4070Ti soon and it's only 900€

1 year ago

well I hope you enjoy it, but sadly it shouldn't be "only" 900€ :P even 3080 had MSRP $699

1 year ago

Why increase performance or lower the price anyway? Right?

1 year ago

From a business point of view it's even better to lower performance and increase the price. Wait, that's pretty much what Nvidia did compared to previous GPU generations.

1 year ago

yet to see 3060 vs 4060 benchmarks but from information I have now I'd say it's fair, but that Ti bollocks where you say that 8GB might not be enough for games and then release 8 and 16GB versions for same GPU with high capacity at PREMIUM price - no way only adding 8GB VRAM is worth $100, I dare to say that even $50 would be quite profitable for them

1 year ago

Apparently, adding extra 8GB cost them about 30$, if thats true then it should be at best 50$ more, but honestly after seeing the reviews both versions of 4060 Ti are bad value.

1 year ago

well yeah, whatever price or perf is, but adding only VRAM shouldn't be that profitable

1 year ago

I watched reviews from Gamers Nexus and Hardware Unboxed. Both come to the conclusion the 4060 Ti 8GB is about 15% faster than the 3060 Ti 8 GB counterpart and both channels recommend strongly to not buy the card at the current price.

1 year ago

Viewed some 4060 Ti 8GB benchmarks
Utterly disgusting

Please, if someone is reading this message, WAIT FOR THE 16GB version at least

1 year ago

and if possible then wait even longer to show Nvidia that those are too high prices :)

1 year ago

yep

1 year ago

The 8GB versión is just bad, so the terribly too expensive 16GB seems decent by comparison

1 year ago

I did not think I say everybody buy AMD. Right now, it is just better dollar/fps and those cards have more than enough Vram for the next 5 years. An new RX 6800 will be cheaper and better than the 16gb version

1 year ago

1 year ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2b0MWGwK_U

The "4060 Ti" actually is...

• an RTX 4050 by performance
  • an RTX 4080 by price
1 year ago

thanks for link, yikes that's even more bummer than I hoped

1 year ago

Same price and performance as the 3060 Ti at launch. Probably should have been called the 4050 Ti.
Not sure why you'd say its a 4080 by price though?

1 year ago

I was actually going to post this. Yep., this cars is literally terrible. AMD'S 6800 is 40% better for the same price.

This whole generation, not counting the 4090 is terrible performance to price. But the 4090 is just too expensive. AMD is better at the moment

1 year ago*

Nvidia seems to have intentionally doomed sales of an entire generation of cards just to make the **90 series seem like a better deal.

1 year ago

Their sales have to be much worse in general as people probably don't buy them as much to scalp and farm crypto, or at least that's what I believe.

The prices on their top cards are scalper prices during covid, they make no sense today, so for the most recent build I did, I bought an 6900xt amd card and it's amazing and it saved me like $500 - 700 to get the performance of a 3090 to a 3090ti..

1 year ago

as we have come from Team Green announcement to comparing, then here is good news from Team Red
https://overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/amd_reportedly_cuts_radeon_rx_7600_pricing_ahead_of_launch/1

1 year ago

8gb vram is not enough. Right now, buy AMD.

1 year ago

Unfortunately if you need to do anything with AI you're forced to go with Nvidia, because AMD can't do that (and I'm wondering if that's one of the reasons Nvidia thinks they can get away with these prices. They have literally no competition when it comes to AI). I hope AMD catches up with that next gen. But I'm very skeptical they will.

1 year ago

You can get Stable Diffusion and others working on amd, but yes, it is a pain in the ass and they're super slow for that and it would be better to just use cloud available options at that point.

I myself don't understand why they don't make a proper amd version already, there must be some sort of nvidia investment interest at hand or something.

1 year ago

i did not know that. What type of AI?

1 year ago

Best gamers nexus review ever.

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.