Update 26th July

Our new record is now set to 1743 unique giveaways and over 1840 gifts sent. We didn't even need to have a consolation round since everyone had decent wins. This was probably our best event so far!

Update 28th November

Teasing for those interested in future events, we already have over 1200 unique giveaway reservations. Most of them (about 800) were reserved in the first hour of reservations.

Created 18th November

Hello again community!
Some of you may already know what this thread is for, so if you do please skip the introduction part, but read the rest:

Group Introduction

First of all you should know that this is not a new group, it was first created during Chrismas 2012 and since then we've had seven successful events:

The group's stats page can give you a glimpse of that success.

So it is obvious by the repetition pattern, that we operate close and during big Steam Sales. The goal of this group is to gather a certain amount of members that will create unique quality giveaways and share them with the rest. The tricky part is that ALL of those giveaways will end at exactly the same time, regardless of the time zone.

For that to work there are some rules to follow:

• Members must comply to SteamGifts rules.
  • Every member must create at least one primary giveaway.
  • Primary giveaways must not be bundled or exploited games and should at least get 1/5 of the group size in entries.
  • Created giveaways must end at a specific time and date and that is on 9th of July 2016 00:00 UTC. Giveaways should be created at least 48 hours before that time.
  • There should be no giveaways for the same game (so that people can't win the same game twice, but multiple copies cause no problems).
  • Primary giveaways should have no Contribution Value requirement.
  • All giveaways must be region free.

It's simpler than it looks, the hardest part is for me and the mods to organize and make sure people follow the rules.

For those that need more details, you should check on the group's profile here.
Also take a look at our FAQ.

How to enter the group

• You must ask for an invitation on this topic, but first read the rest of the bullets.
  • I will not reply to you in this thread nor if you are accepted or rejected. You will either get an invite, or be contacted in person by me.
  • To avoid having untrustworthy people that could ruin the event for others, there is a restriction of level 4 or higher required for me to consider your application, as well as being a member of this site for at least 3 months.
  • Even if you are eligible due to above requirements, you are not guaranteed an entry, those are just a way to avoid random invitation requests.
  • You should NOT add me on Steam to ask an invite.

What you should also know

• If you haven't read the rules don't apply for this group.
  • Like it or not, there are already people that have had a great course through our last events that will be on priority line. People I know personally and that I trust that they will fullfil the requirements of this group will be prioritized too.
  • People that have been in past events, are not automatically reinvited upon their request.
  • The maximum member cap is 70, but this could be lowered if not enough applicants meet the group's standards.
  • The invitation process is an one man's job, so be patient... (probably no invites until tomorrow)

What's the group's timeline

(read this if you get to be a member of this group)

This time around I created Steam group calendar events but the general idea is as follows:

• [Cleaning group phase] All previous members are asked to leave the group. Those who fail to do so are kicked. This is done so that only those re-interested apply here and probably get reinvited.
  • [Recruitment phase I] First there is the recruitement phase where I put up a forum topic and gather applications and send out invites. Minimum duration a week.
  • [Recruitment phase II] When we reach 65 members the last 5 will be picked from a list of 20 remaining applicants by votes of those 65 members.
  • [Reservation phase I] A giveaways topic will be created were you can only reserve one giveaway you plan to make. This phase lasts for 72 hours.
  • [Reservation phase II] You are now allowed to reserve as many giveaways as you want.
  • [Giveaways creation phase] You can start creating your giveaways ending at the specified time. This phase probably overlaps with previous two.
  • [No more giveaways phase] 48 hours before the giveaways ending time, the giveaways topic will be locked and I will check if members fullfilled the rules. If needed there will be kicks (hasn't happened so far).
  • [Happy winners phase] Giveaways have ended and most of us feel happy with their wins.

Few last words

Our last event had 70 members and 1711 unique giveaways (average of 24 giveaways per member, which means also an average of 24 wins per member). Everyone who entered at least one giveaway won something, but still the unluckiest eight got 1 extra game from their wishlist as "consolation" on behalf of many of our members who donated the amount needed. Almost everything went smoothly and I will do my best for things to go even better.

tl;dr

This group is not for you

8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I would like to join :)

8 years ago

hello there :) I would love to join!

8 years ago

Hey guys :) It's a great idea, i'm in ! I hope i can be a part of this !

8 years ago

i'm ready for another round :) ... if there's any room left

8 years ago

+1!

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Hey, I'd appreciate it if you could consider me for an invite, if you still have the spaces.

Not been active for a while due to several reasons but I've recently come back to SG. My friend has been trying to get me to apply for these events for about a year now and I finally decided to try.

Thanks.

8 years ago

+0.75

8 years ago

I hope you get deported.

8 years ago

No one wants to live in your Islamic state anyways Tom :3

8 years ago

almost dropped from 1st page, so a bump :>

8 years ago

yeah, well I need sh%$t load of good karma for finding job, otherwise I will get deported :D
So +1?

8 years ago

Bump ^^

8 years ago

Puna throws his tiny arms in the air to rejoin

8 years ago

+10000
Gotta have dino power!

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Me me me me me!

8 years ago

+1 for BOBO!

8 years ago

+1 !!

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

I´ll give it a try. Interested in joining.

8 years ago

I want in again :D

8 years ago

I'd love to join, but right now, I don't have credit for a unbundled giveaway as of now :(

(Ask some guys/girls here, they'll know why! xP)

At least, can you guys evaluate me, please? :)

Thank you very much!

8 years ago

Like I said in the group, I'll heartbrokenly refrain from applying to join this time.

As for the ones who will take part, have another great event! :D

8 years ago

I was thinking about applying again for over a week now because of a life changing event recently and I'm not sure if I have enough time to enjoy the simgive event. I even missed this thread.
Yeah, whatever, I can't miss this. Count this as an application. I would gladly join in for another round.

8 years ago

+1

Hope things improve for you. P

8 years ago

I don't think they can improve much further, I got my first kid :)

8 years ago

Congratulations! That'll shake things up. D

8 years ago

Hey, I'm interested in joining the fun!

8 years ago

i would like to join

8 years ago

Sounds like a great idea. Too bad i'm still too new on SG (and way too low... just Lvl1 so far) to even try applying. Maybe next time... will keep it in mind.

8 years ago

there will prolly be many more events - we're not going anywhere, it's already 8th event ;p So just prove yourself on SG and you may get a spot next or some event after next one ;)

8 years ago

Bump!

8 years ago

Not going to join this time.
The reason being it was beyond boring. Just making giveaways and chatting with other participants, no matches for giveaways wanted by multiple users, no contest~ish things to determine who gets what giveaways, no nothing... Just first come first serve. No fun in that, though entirely my own fault for expecting anything beyond what was written in the recruitment thread.

Not saying my past events has been better, as there were many things that could've been handled better, rules to work on, the execution on the event in a whole, but at least I try to improve on them.
This, from what I've gathered, has been the same thing the past couple of times without any major improvement...

My honest opinion about my experience with it, sorry if this has offended anyone but have to be blunt about it.

View attached image.
8 years ago*

sorry you got dissapointed, but tbh your expectations were waaaaay beyond being resonable. Event had 1700+ GAs, at least few hundreds would be wished by at least several users. You hoped for matches? contests? for every GA that more than one user wished to give away? Considering number of GiveAways, different time zones etc? To pull up something you wished for the event would have to run for 3-4 months at least. Not to mention the problem of many games becoming bundled in these 3-4 months time.

8 years ago

Did mention it was partly my own fault for expecting more than what the even thread said, which probably should've been written as entirely my own fault. Joined with too high expectations, can't be anyone fault but my own.

And not saying every giveaway would need a match, just the initial "first come first serve" stage. Not everyone is awake at that time anyways, and if there were more than 5min or something between the "requests" then it wouldn't count. Could also just be for those stubborn enough to not wanting to change the game they wanted as primary (Since I know I'd be very stubborn for something so silly).
Doesn't even have to be a match, as in a Rocket League/CS:GO/Whatever game, it could be something quick like a game of Texas Hold'em in a Steam game.

Was merely suggestions, not what I expected from the event specifically. And yes, if there was a contest/match for every 1700+ of the giveaways that was requested more than once then I don't think 3-4 months would be enough... Just having 20 people in my Tournament event battle each other, with time-zones, work, family issues, and whatnot taken into consideration, took over a month to complete.

But the bottom line is that, I thought it was boring, reasons stated above. That doesn't mean others will find it boring, and there might be some other "new" entries, that would be as stupid as me and, who'd have too high expectations.

My first post might have been worded a bit wrong if you took it that way, and I am sorry for that.
And just to add a minor thing. Trag did choose his primary giveaway before he opened comments for everyone else, which was kind of a dic*move

View attached image.
8 years ago*

Critisism is always welcome as long as it is well intended. I also put up a topic for thoughts after each event and there have been several suggestions given there. Lots of our rules and procedures have been added or changed over the years and here are some examples:

• In the first events we had no reservation phase, members just created giveaways when available.
  • There was no rule for 1/5 of entries. It was suggested by the members to give a push to better quality giveaways.
  • We didn't always have that many stats after the event.
  • There was no one-reservation-per-member period. It was suggested by our members that it would be more fair if everyone got a chance to reserve a high wishlisted game before the flood started.
  • There was no steam calendar for specific moments of our events, which made it difficult for some to schedule their times. For this event I've added that calendar.

I'm always open to suggestions. The group changes according to our needs. What we want though is that rules are simple enough for any newcomer to not get frustrated.

I'm sorry we failed to reach your expectations it's hard to please everyone but I'm glad you posted your opinions on this group anyway.

8 years ago

i'm interested to join

8 years ago

well, gg. I'm unthrustworthy ;_; the tl;dr part was more than accurate, should have immediately scrolled there instead of reading entire post.
Anyway, the idea is awesome so have a bump :)

8 years ago

I would like to enter, if there's still room.

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Sounds fun, I'd like to join if you'll have me :)

8 years ago

Hello.
I would like to join ;)

8 years ago

Closed 6 years ago by tragikos.