Update 26th July

Our new record is now set to 1743 unique giveaways and over 1840 gifts sent. We didn't even need to have a consolation round since everyone had decent wins. This was probably our best event so far!

Update 28th November

Teasing for those interested in future events, we already have over 1200 unique giveaway reservations. Most of them (about 800) were reserved in the first hour of reservations.

Created 18th November

Hello again community!
Some of you may already know what this thread is for, so if you do please skip the introduction part, but read the rest:

Group Introduction

First of all you should know that this is not a new group, it was first created during Chrismas 2012 and since then we've had seven successful events:

The group's stats page can give you a glimpse of that success.

So it is obvious by the repetition pattern, that we operate close and during big Steam Sales. The goal of this group is to gather a certain amount of members that will create unique quality giveaways and share them with the rest. The tricky part is that ALL of those giveaways will end at exactly the same time, regardless of the time zone.

For that to work there are some rules to follow:

• Members must comply to SteamGifts rules.
  • Every member must create at least one primary giveaway.
  • Primary giveaways must not be bundled or exploited games and should at least get 1/5 of the group size in entries.
  • Created giveaways must end at a specific time and date and that is on 9th of July 2016 00:00 UTC. Giveaways should be created at least 48 hours before that time.
  • There should be no giveaways for the same game (so that people can't win the same game twice, but multiple copies cause no problems).
  • Primary giveaways should have no Contribution Value requirement.
  • All giveaways must be region free.

It's simpler than it looks, the hardest part is for me and the mods to organize and make sure people follow the rules.

For those that need more details, you should check on the group's profile here.
Also take a look at our FAQ.

How to enter the group

• You must ask for an invitation on this topic, but first read the rest of the bullets.
  • I will not reply to you in this thread nor if you are accepted or rejected. You will either get an invite, or be contacted in person by me.
  • To avoid having untrustworthy people that could ruin the event for others, there is a restriction of level 4 or higher required for me to consider your application, as well as being a member of this site for at least 3 months.
  • Even if you are eligible due to above requirements, you are not guaranteed an entry, those are just a way to avoid random invitation requests.
  • You should NOT add me on Steam to ask an invite.

What you should also know

• If you haven't read the rules don't apply for this group.
  • Like it or not, there are already people that have had a great course through our last events that will be on priority line. People I know personally and that I trust that they will fullfil the requirements of this group will be prioritized too.
  • People that have been in past events, are not automatically reinvited upon their request.
  • The maximum member cap is 70, but this could be lowered if not enough applicants meet the group's standards.
  • The invitation process is an one man's job, so be patient... (probably no invites until tomorrow)

What's the group's timeline

(read this if you get to be a member of this group)

This time around I created Steam group calendar events but the general idea is as follows:

• [Cleaning group phase] All previous members are asked to leave the group. Those who fail to do so are kicked. This is done so that only those re-interested apply here and probably get reinvited.
  • [Recruitment phase I] First there is the recruitement phase where I put up a forum topic and gather applications and send out invites. Minimum duration a week.
  • [Recruitment phase II] When we reach 65 members the last 5 will be picked from a list of 20 remaining applicants by votes of those 65 members.
  • [Reservation phase I] A giveaways topic will be created were you can only reserve one giveaway you plan to make. This phase lasts for 72 hours.
  • [Reservation phase II] You are now allowed to reserve as many giveaways as you want.
  • [Giveaways creation phase] You can start creating your giveaways ending at the specified time. This phase probably overlaps with previous two.
  • [No more giveaways phase] 48 hours before the giveaways ending time, the giveaways topic will be locked and I will check if members fullfilled the rules. If needed there will be kicks (hasn't happened so far).
  • [Happy winners phase] Giveaways have ended and most of us feel happy with their wins.

Few last words

Our last event had 70 members and 1711 unique giveaways (average of 24 giveaways per member, which means also an average of 24 wins per member). Everyone who entered at least one giveaway won something, but still the unluckiest eight got 1 extra game from their wishlist as "consolation" on behalf of many of our members who donated the amount needed. Almost everything went smoothly and I will do my best for things to go even better.

tl;dr

This group is not for you

8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I hesitated a bit since I'm currently on a temporary layoff, but I believe I can still scrounge up enough to make a decent offering.

So, if you'll have me once again, I'm definitely willing to join.

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

I would love to participate in this event if there are any spots left.

8 years ago

I'm interested, hope to get an invite :D

8 years ago

+1 :P

8 years ago

I would love to participate once again! You can't spoil a dish with tomatoes!

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

Average of 40 entries per giveaway?! Good grief, you make me look bad. P

8 years ago

Where did you get those numbers?..

8 years ago

Summer 2015's stats.

8 years ago

Oh right! I did well that time.

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Count me in again!!

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Hi, I'm interested too, rules readed, if you accept me it will be my first time :)

8 years ago

Edit: removed - Zelghadis convinced me not to apply.

8 years ago*

my intention was not to convince you not to apply, but to fasirly warn you that it is a hardcore event and coming in with attitude "well, I can meet bare minimum requirements and enjoy all other GAs" may not be welcome as it was with other users in past events who shown such an attitude.

8 years ago

You assumed this was my intention? Awesome. Again I don't have the money for triple AAA titles. That's why I wanted to make sure beforehand I could even meet the minimum requirements before I have to spend money I don't have.
Again, my ratio isn't really proving the point of being after profitz like konrads would say.

8 years ago

I did not. But as your comment was "Only one non-bundled game, no matter what value and I'd be good to go? " I simply answered that no, you'd probably wouldn't be good to go, unless this one non-bundled game would be really really good one. It's not about you personally or anything. It's about what is the best from group perspective. It's better to invite a user who can contribute more to an event than an user who can do just a minimum. It does not mean that user who can do a minimum is a bad user or anything, but for the event it's better to choose someone else. Simple as that

8 years ago

Please don't let zelghadis' explanation discourage you from applying. As long as you're willing to meet the requirements, expectations of others are merely just that. Not being fortunate enough to afford catering to your collaborators shouldn't stop you, and if it does, you were already prepared to not participate in this event.

8 years ago

Nooooo! I am not ready! D:

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

Hope there will be a spot for me as well :)

8 years ago

+1 for Zibo!

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

This was actually a lot of fun last time! A bit stressful in the beginning though :D I want to do it again :)
I hope to get an invite in the future. Not going to ask for an invite for this event but showing my face so I could try to squeeze in when winter comes :3

8 years ago

We tend to have more "heavy hitters" for New Year's than for Summer, but it's always a bit of a scramble when the bells go off and the gates are thrown open. It's sort of like a mini-game, innit? D

8 years ago

It sure is a challenge :)

8 years ago

Would be nice to join this one, found out about previous too late.

8 years ago

And once again it's time for SimGive huh? Although I'm mod of the group (didn't get kicked) and worked on the bot for the extended stats, I don't want to have a reserved spot or anything like that, therefore I want to apply for a spot in this event.

Last events were awesome and unbeatable, but can we beat the records once more?

8 years ago

+1 ;*

8 years ago

+1 for the best trader in the world!

8 years ago

+1 for style. D

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

I'd like to join the party for the first time. :)

8 years ago

I'm interested in participating. Seems like a fun event.

8 years ago

It's simpler than it looks.

OK, I'd like to join if you'll have me

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1 for Foxy!

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

I would be interested in participating :3

8 years ago

I'm gonna have to abstain from applying this time around. It was an absolute blast though, especially when it came time to pick and we were all in group chat! Have a bump and I wish you all the best event so far!

8 years ago

+1 :)

8 years ago

+1 anyway, in case you change your mind. D

8 years ago

I've never been a part of this but followed all these events (or rather the invite threads ;) since I'm a member of this site!
I very much would like to participate if possible =)

8 years ago

I'm willing to try, though I wouldn't be able to match the 34 gifts I did during the last event. I'll have to be more sensible with my money for this event.

8 years ago

+1 for Delta!

8 years ago

+1 Delta yay!

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

I'd like to join if you have any spots left ^^

8 years ago

i would like to join

8 years ago

I am interested in joining this group if you deem me worthy.

8 years ago

Not a party i want to miss ;b

Invite please!

8 years ago

for 200 wins this time? ;-)

8 years ago

Let's be fair. He did have an average of about 31 entries for each of his 21 giveaways, and he had fewer wins than expected, overall. P

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

I look forward to possibly being denied being a volunteer for this event :)

8 years ago

Closed 6 years ago by tragikos.