Welcome to the ninth and last day of the Steam Awards! Next year the winners will be announced (on New Year's eve to be more precise/less dramatic xD). Yesterday's vote was won (again) by Stardew Valley, this time with 44% (150) of the 338 votes.

Due the overwhelming responses Steam decided to split this award up into four other awards! Now I could make four topics for you to vote on, but I thought that would be an overkill. Instead you can vote here for the best category - Steam appearantly couldn't make a choice, but we sure can! Below are the categories.

Day 9: The “Boom Boom” Award

Let’s face it: explosions are pretty great. In a blockbuster movie they’re thrilling. In a celebration with fireworks they’re beautiful. And when they’re behind a cop putting on sunglasses they’re nothing short of glorious. These games understand the fine art of detonation.

Nominee Community wishlist position (30-12-2016)
Broforce #153
DOOM #12
Just Cause 3 #68
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes #125
Kerbal Space Program #129

Day 9: The “Love/Hate Relationship” Award

“Games are just supposed to be fun!”… oh sweet summer child, your naivety is adorable. Games can be more than fun. They can be challenges that demand perfection. These games are punishing gauntlets that make you question your very skill… a crucible that will push you either to greatness or a breaking point. You will wake up family members as you scream. Words will come out of your mouth that would make your mom blush. Your chill friends will ask you, “Why do you play something that stresses you out?”… and you will stare at them with steely eyes and reply, “Because I love it.”

Dark Souls III #6
Darkest Dungeon #66
Dota 2 #216 (DLC, due free-to-play)
Geometry Dash #188
Super Meat Boy #203

Day 9: The “Sit Back and Relax” Award

Did you read the description for the “Love/Hate Relationship” Award? This is the opposite.

ABZU #34
Cities: Skylines #86
Euro Truck Simulator 2 #195 (DLC, due being in a giveaway before)
Mini Metro #171
Viridi #218 (DLC, due free-to-play)

Day 9: The “Better With Friends” Award

There are some games out there that just aren’t the same when you play by yourself. Maybe you need to have a friend to watch your back. Maybe you need to have a friend that you can stab in the back. Either way, mirth is awaiting those that gather friends to play these games.

Don’t Starve Together #75
Gang Beasts #70
Golf With Your Friends #159
Left 4 Dead 2 #178
Magicka #203

Voting can be done until December 31rd, 10 AM PST. Click here to vote (on Steam), you will get a trading card by doing so. :)

Master thread about the Steam Awards (and Winter Sale)

Because this is the last day to vote, I'd like to thank everybody who voted and shared their opinion and love in these topics. And by doing so you have gained access to some gratitude I'd like to share with you! Hope you like it.

7 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Which award should have desereved thet “We Didn't Think of Everything” award by itself?

View Results
The “Boom Boom” Award
The “Love/Hate Relationship” Award
The “Sit Back and Relax” Award
The “Better With Friends” Award

The "Sit Back and Relax" Award imo, because there are so many good casual games that fit into this category.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

7 years ago

7 cards ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
and also thanks for the ride :)

7 years ago*

Nice, two more for another level up? Good luck :)

7 years ago

It is almost new year in my region(23.55) soo happy new year :)

7 years ago

A very happy new year to you too!! Two more hours to go here :)

7 years ago

Victoria secret tiimeeee ;))

7 years ago

4 cards, madness

7 years ago

Thank you for your blue giveaways Reforced! :3

The “Better With Friends” Award as Left 4 Dead 2 is so much fun with friends playing stock and custom maps. ^^

7 years ago

Voted on that one too, any (multiplayer) game with friends is better i.m.o.
To bad GTA V is not there (playing with friends there is also a massive time saver xD)

7 years ago

Bumped!

7 years ago

Bump for “Better With Friends” award :)

7 years ago

Voted for the "better with friends" award becouse I think good coop games are the most fun to play. Friends can also be replaced by your kids for some games.

7 years ago

Bump for a great event. Thanks a lot :)

7 years ago

Thanks for everything, I loved this event :D

7 years ago

I'm happy to hear so :)

7 years ago

Bump, 'better with friends' category seems to be better than the rest, who doesnt like playing with friends?

7 years ago

Bump! thanks for the cool event, amazing giveaways and everything ^-^

7 years ago

Thanks again ^^

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

7 years ago

I'd go love/hate, as that's how I think about gaming in general

7 years ago

Bump for the poll.

7 years ago

Still a bit bitter that they didn't have the Game Most Deserving of a Sequel Award

7 years ago

Kinda sad most overhyped game didnt get a category

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

Love/hate. I think it's a lot more of a "challenge" kind of thing than a love hate relationship. I often play really easy games where I don't need any real skill as long as I think long enough and then play but for these games they're tough in that I have to prepare practice and then perform to my best. Only that way I can defeat the boss or complete the level. Especially for Dark souls or supereat boy i feel a sense of achievement whenever I succeed where I've failed tens or even hundreds of times before. Relaxing games are good but challenging games are even better. A game should have a balance of both but usually the 'casual relaxing' type of game simply doesn't have any challenge to them.
This is only going off the games they put up for the voting though. Personally I think the better with friends is nicer but I haven't played any of those games and I don't think they're that great. No MMOs in that category for some reason. I'm just rambling on now. Thanks for sharing this event with us and giving away so many nice games.

7 years ago

I can see you have given it allot of thought :) It's a good award for a game that finds the right balance indeed. Thanks again for participating and good luck! :)

7 years ago

Have a happy new 2017! Just past 1 over here. I've already celebrated. Hope you have as fun a celebration as I did!

7 years ago

Wow, it's 15:28 over here, so still lots of hours before it's time :) Thanks and I wish you a wonderful 2017 too :)

7 years ago

Bump for "Better with Friends"!

7 years ago

Thanks to you!

7 years ago

I'm in the minority here, but I went with Boom Boom. The other categories all feel like they could have way better game lists, and the ones that Valve put together are pretty weak. Boom Boom was actually a difficult choice for me, between Broforce and Kerbal, because Broforce has a ridiculous number of explosions per minute, but Kerbal's explosions are so satisfying.

7 years ago

Bump for a great event! :)
I had a really tough time deciding this time but went with Love/Hate in the end! :)

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

I had this same problem, you could only nominate a game for one category :( In the end looking at the nominations, some games are awarded for multiple games anyway, so they should have allowed it? :)

7 years ago

bump

7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago by Reforced.