I would have loved to get this game, and offcourse noone is forcing anyone to buy the extra's, and i already found 9 expensive, but i feel the prices are getting absurd (same as your every day groceries).
It's also one on these things that you seemingly can't buy the DLC later such as the soundtrack.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2731870/Ys_X_Nordics/

2 hours ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

glancing at them it looks similar to 8s DLCs... all cosmetics or "cheat" items(early powerful items that you replace later, and consumables) and no content except the OST.

it does appear this limitation is only during the launch period though

Please note: Except for returns as stipulated by Steam, upgrades to the Deluxe or Ultimate Edition (and obtaining the applicable launch exclusive bonuses) are not available during the launch deal period. After the launch period ends, upgrades can be made for the price difference.

2 hours ago

Correct and art book, basically you are paying 50-60 euro for cheats.

2 hours ago

upside is, buying just the base game feels so much better in this series than others which have story content and such locked behind dlc.
I need to go back and give 9 another attempt at finishing... I hear it gets better.... but it just isn't as enjoyable to me as 8 was(also need to go finish up the earlier games... I started origins and 1 but never finished)

2 hours ago

Yeah, but when you got this completion ocd, then again i already had to give that up a bit.

I finished 9 but i never felt it got "better", it definitely felt different then the other ones, i am afraid this will be more like 9.

The same as we never getting the old Final Fantasy games back anymore, 16 started okay, but the massive dumb NPC quests in the middle.

1 hour ago*

No way would I ever pay this much for 1 game and some dlc - you can get a whole Year of choice for less than this

2 hours ago

As long as people pay this, absurd, high prices, the publishers will milk the cow.

2 hours ago

It's been getting out of hand since someone came up with the notion of releasing partial games and charging for "expansions". I really did enjoy Eiyuden Chronicles because I loved Suikoden games but they have the same thing going on with all the dlc.

1 hour ago

If this was a physical edition that came in a nice box with a high quality print of a booklet with art and an actual CD with the soundtrack I'd say the price was fine, but for a digital edition it is ludicrous.

1 hour ago

130 euro? Not even 70?

1 hour ago

If this was a physical copy with all sorts of neat collectable extras then it would be somewhat OK, but absolutely no way in hell would I pay that much for just a game license.

24 minutes ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.