Update 1st July

Our 1017 unique giveaways have ended. Only one giveaway remains (Fallout 4) and our main event is over. This was our biggest event by far.

Update 22nd June

We have surpassed the huge milestone of over 1000 unique giveaways one day before the sales end. This is certainly our biggest event so far.

Update 13th June

We have reached the incredible number of 911 giveaways and we are still going strong!

Update 1st June

Teasing for those interested in future events, we already have over 350 giveaway reservations. 300 of them were reserved in about an hour which sets a record of the highest rate of reservations in any of our past events.

Created 17th May

Hello again community!
Some of you may already know what this thread is for, so if you do please skip the introduction part, but read the rest:

Group Introduction

First of all you should know that this is not a new group, it was first created during Chrismas 2012 and since then we've had five successful events:

The group's stats page can give you a glimpse of that success.

So it is obvious by the repetition pattern, that we operate close and during big Steam Sales. The goal of this group is to gather a certain amount of members that will create unique quality giveaways and share them with the rest. The tricky part is that ALL of those giveaways will end at exactly the same time, regardless of the time zone.

For that to work there are some rules to follow:

• Members must comply to SteamGifts rules.
  • Every member must create at least one primary giveaway.
  • Primary giveaways must not be bundled or exploited games and should at least get 1/5 of the group size in entries.
  • Created giveaways must end at a specific time and date which is yet to be decided, but will certainly be after the Steam Summer Sales. Giveaways should be created at least 48 hours before that time.
  • There should be no giveaways for the same game (so that people can't win the same game twice, but multiple copies cause no problems).
  • Primary giveaways should have no Contribution Value requirement.
  • All giveaways must be region free.

It's simpler than it looks, the hardest part is for me to organize and make sure people follow the rules.

For those that need more details, you should check on the group's profile here.
Also take a look at our FAQ.

How to enter the group

• You must ask for an invitation on this topic, but first read the rest of the bullets.
  • I will not reply to you in this thread nor if you are accepted or rejected. You will either get an invite, or be contacted in person by me.
  • To avoid having untrustworthy people that could ruin the event for others, there is a restriction of level 4 or higher required for me to consider your application, as well as being a member of this site for at least 3 months.
  • Even if you are eligible due to above requirements, you are not granted to enter, those are just a way to avoid random invitation requests.
  • You should NOT add me on Steam to ask an invite.

What you should also know

• If you haven't read the rules don't apply for this group.
  • Like it or not, there are already people that have had a great course through our last events that will be on priority line. People I know personally and that I trust that they will fullfil the requirements of this group will be prioritized too.
  • People that have been in past events, are not automatically reinvited upon their request.
  • The maximum member cap is 70, but this could be lowered if not enough applicants meet the group's standards.
  • The invitation process is an one man's job, so be patient... (probably no invites in the next few hours)

What's the group's timeline

(read this if you get to be a member of this group)

• [Cleaning group phase] All previous members are asked to leave the group. Those who fail to do so are kicked. This is done so that only those re-interested apply here and probably get reinvited.
  • [Recruitment phase I] First there is the recruitment phase where I put up this topic and gather applications and send out invites. Minimum duration 5 days.
  • [Recruitment phase II] When we reach 55 members the last 5 will be picked from a list of 20 remaining applicants by votes of those 55 members.
  • [Reservation phase] A giveaways topic will be created were you can only reserve the giveaway(s) you plan to make, no giveaway creation yet. This phase will probably last at least 1 week and will start before and close to the date of the Steam Sale. For the first 3 days, you will only be able to reserve 1 giveaway. After the first 3 days reservations will be unlimited.
  • [Giveaways creation phase] You can start creating your giveaways ending at that specified time.
  • [No more giveaways phase] 48 hours before the giveaways ending time, the giveaways topic will be locked and I will check if members fullfilled the rules. If needed there will be kicks (hasn't happened so far).
  • [Happy winners phase] Giveaways have ended and most of us feel happy with their wins.

Few last words

Our last event had 69 members and 648 unique simultaneous giveaways (average of 9+ giveaways per member, which means also an average of 9+ wins per member). Everyone (except those who chose not to enter anything) won something, but still the unluckiest five got 1 extra game from their wishlist as "compensation" on behalf of many of our members who donated the amount needed. Everything went smoothly and I will do my best for things to go well again.

tl;dr

This group is not for you

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Do polls in a group recruitment topic make any sense?

View Results
Yes they do, duh!
Nope, don't be silly...
Don't know what I'm doing here so... POTATO!

I'd like to join the festivities once again. Thanks.

9 years ago

View attached image.
9 years ago

So, you give the cute cat gif to my rival, but not to me?! I THOUGHT WE WERE COMRADES!!!

EDIT: yaaay, we are comrades after all!

9 years ago*

+☭

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

9 years ago

+:3

9 years ago

+1 for chaiman

9 years ago

+1 ;3

9 years ago

+1 ... hey, wait.

9 years ago

9 years ago

So...is this basically like a giant secret santa?

9 years ago

not really, in secret santa you get a gift towards a specific person, and he does not who it's from and what it is. here everyone know what are gifts, who they are from, just noone know who will receive them till the last second ;)

oh and here you usually get multiple gifts from multiple ppl instead of just from one like in SS ;)

9 years ago

I want to join :D

9 years ago

9 years ago

I guess my chances with such competition are low, but, hey, no harm in trying :)

9 years ago

View attached image.
9 years ago

are you scaring the pretty bird away with scary cat or what..

9 years ago

ROFL That look is priceless!

9 years ago

View attached image.
9 years ago

Sounds great. I know i wont get an invite, with only 2 month on SG. But here is your free bump :)

9 years ago

keep contributing and showing off in the community and you may get a spot in future events ;) It's not like this is one-time-opportunity - these happens twice a year ;)

9 years ago

I would like to participate again!

9 years ago

+1 for the veteran

9 years ago

+1 :)

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

I have to admit, I am only level 3..
But i do wish to join this group as I have games to giveaway!
I will try to giveaway until i get to level 4 if i get into the group :D

9 years ago

I'd like to join, maybe I get in this time :D

9 years ago

Παρόλο που έκανες πάλι το θέμα tl;dr, δεν θα πάρω ούτε και αυτή τη φορά μέρος λόγω του regional locking.

Σου εύχομαι κάθε επιτυχία για το event αλλά και καλή διαμονή!

9 years ago

Καλά τόσες φορές που έχω κάνει θέμα, θα μπορούσες να είδες διαβάσει τους κανόνες. Ή τουλάχιστον βάλε τον Makam να στους πει :P

Εσένα σε "σκότωσε" το region-locking. Το trade ήταν η ζωή σου!

Ευχαριστώ για τις ευχές :)

9 years ago

Τους έχω διαβάσει τους κανόνες βέβαια, αλλά το σημαντικό στην φράση μου ήταν το πάλι ;)

Στο trading έχεις "πόσο ? / τόσο ! / δώστο / πάρτο / τέλος :)" (fast trading) με ένα και μόνο άτομο.
Κι ευτυχώς υπάρχουν πολλά αντικείμενα για ανταλλαγή, πέρα από τα παιγνίδια :D

Στα events έχεις να αντιμετωπίσεις ορδές από χαρούμενους χρήστες και τις ανησυχίες τους.
Άντε ψάξε να βρεις RoW παιγνίδι που να επιτρέπει CRTAG, άντε να δεις πόσοι το θέλουν, άντε να πέσεις σε κάποιον που δεν καταλαβαίνει ή δεν σέβεται τους κανόνες, άντε να ξεμπλέξεις με το support κά.

Οπότε, άλλη μια φορά θα κάτσω στα αυγά μου και στην ησυχία μου, αν και ομολογώ ότι δεν μου αρέσει απαραίτητα.
Τα προαναφερθέντα είναι κάποια από τα αρνητικά (για μένα) που δυστυχώς καταναλώνουν πολύ από τον χρόνο μου.

9 years ago

Φθηνές δικαιολογίες...

9 years ago

Το αντίθετο. Το EU2 είναι το ακριβότερο μαγαζί αναλογικά σε σχέση με όλα τα άλλα.

9 years ago

Pls tell me what you just said translate to "This is Sparta!" xD

9 years ago

Actually yes, had to use my native language to explain why I will not be taking part in this event too.

Region-locks and disabled CRTAG are again the reasons behind my decision.

It's nice to see you around though XDD

9 years ago

Good luck with the Tournament anf have fun to all participants! :)

9 years ago

View attached image.
9 years ago

Did someone say tournament?! Bring it on, mate! 8D

9 years ago

Oh sry, I meant Event! xD

9 years ago

You know you want another Duel Tourney, stop denying it! xD

9 years ago

no! running all the bets again would kill the very little of free time I have left :(

9 years ago

Ha-ha! (evil chuckle)

I would love to experience one more, though. Maybe I should organize it some day, if Toasty will be to busy or something.

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

I'd like to join again if you'd have me ^^

9 years ago

View attached image.
9 years ago

9 years ago

Sound so fun! I would like to apply ^_^
But I should say right away - I don't think I will be able to compete with that average, so I'm not the best choice ( ◑.◑)

9 years ago

it's average, not mediane ;) basically majority f group will not reach 9 GAs made - they will make 4-5, but there is a bunch of tards (did I just call myself a tard? o.O) that will jump in and post 20, 30 or someone even 50 GAs heavilly bumping the avg ;)

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

yup, i Usually do 4-5 as well (well less when throwing some big guns in, like preorder of witcher trilogy year ago) and then add a few quality bundles or cheap non-bundles. But there are also times like last event, when I was sitting on pile of over 200 bundle keys, too much to dump even to Bundlelicious and PB shoutbox combined, and just threw 30 GAs extra :D:

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

I stopped on PB when I got to 18k points. To think of it now it was kinda waste - after that I was point capped for half a year. On my level it basically means that I farmed 18k points just to lose 13k points from hourly regeneration... genius :D:

9 years ago

That's why I'm still applying :) But still, with so many applications it's better to choose some more nice 'tards' (in the best sense of the word). And I'll just wait till I find an ancient Orc's treasure, or save some kingdom for a sweet reward, or finally finish my time-travel machine, or... or just shut up, do my work, make money and THEN become cool tard too and join all you awesome guys ^_^ Soooo, I'll see you in 2167?

9 years ago

I'd like to join again please.(I was a part of one of the past events of this group)

9 years ago*

Those were some great events ... i'd also like to join again :)

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

+1 ;)

Anyone with avatar from the greatest game of all freaking times deserves a +1 ;)

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

I'd love to participate once again. Easily my favourite SG event :)

9 years ago

9 years ago

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

Hi. I would like to join. While I understand that I am not level 4Feel free to kick me out if I haven't made a giveaway within a few days ;)

9 years ago

That's not how it works...

9 years ago

someone who meets the requirements and don't make a GA would get kicked as well, so how is your application better thanks to this part exactly? It's not really how groups and events work. Consider these, especially this one, as it's the biggest event on SG, to be a reward to biggest contributors, most active and helpful community members etc. You need to prove yourself to the community first, and only then get the reward, not the other way around - give me reward and I promise I will prove myself to be worthy later on. Especially as there is always few times more ppl meeting requirements willing to join than the actual spots in the group, giving spots to ppl who don't meet requirements would be like cheating them.

9 years ago

I would like to participate but only if you kick Sleepy from this and all the future events.

9 years ago

This is non-negotiable btw

9 years ago

I hate xarabas.

9 years ago

Sounds fair!

9 years ago

View attached image.
9 years ago

Done...

Just kidding, but I'm sure Sleepy would kick himself out if you actually meant this :P

9 years ago

But Sleepy is not in the group o.O

9 years ago

So, my work there is done. Excellent.

9 years ago

Sound really cool. Can I join? ^_^

9 years ago

I'd really like to participate again, last event was awesome :)

9 years ago

+1

Let's see if we can outdo our past performances. )

9 years ago*

+1 :>

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

Not joining this time, but go beat some more records bois

9 years ago

Who's gonna go for 50+ only giveaways this time?

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

unforunately not me ;-;

9 years ago

Another SimGives event without Khune.... (

9 years ago

-1 :(

9 years ago

I'd like to apply to again join in the group.

9 years ago

What happens if the games I want to give away have already been reserved by others?

9 years ago

you must choose other games to reserve. That's why it's not the brightest idea to buy all the games wanting to reserve them before reservation starts ;)

On the bright side only 1 reservation will be avaiable per member in 1st 3 days this time - so you will ave only 70 games reserved max making it much easier to find something nice to give away ;) now think what it was like, when we reserved over 200 games in the 1st 2 hours last time :D: it was much harder for ppl who were late to find games to make a GA.

9 years ago*

Last event was a blast, but I'm on the fence about joining again as I'm attempting to save up for real life things. I think I'll pass this time in favor of someone more eager to join in. Good luck beating the record! :P

9 years ago

meh, real life is overrated ;p

9 years ago

but the graphics are incredible

9 years ago

I was always story+gameplay guy rather than grafics one ;)

9 years ago

yeah, the controls are definitely whack and the AI tends to cheat

I'm with you on this one :-)

9 years ago

And something's wrong with my character generator, too. I keep trying to reroll a young Hugh Hefner but I keep getting the same guy who just goes to work then sits home on his computer... WTF? Worst game ever! 1/10

9 years ago

the controls are definitely whack

Using a trackball will keep it on track. And too many people try to play it with their joystick!

9 years ago

So many of our veterans aren't participating, this time. Thanks, Obama! (

9 years ago

Thank Gaben :(

9 years ago

whist!

9 years ago

I'd love to join again. Have been a bit inactive due to exams, but only 4 more days and I'm completely done and ready to come back :D

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

Ah, we should share some more recipes, since I had a lot of time to experiment :P

9 years ago

oh, oh! count me in! Not much ago I got into making various homemade beverages as well, would love to get some ideas! ;3

9 years ago

Timmaeh! +1

9 years ago

Timme timmaehh = +1

9 years ago

+1. Yes, I've noted you've been in WCAL chat more often. Best of luck on the remainder of your exams!

9 years ago

+1 for Timmaeh the Participator!

9 years ago

Name suggestion accepted :3

9 years ago

Yay! ^^

9 years ago

+1 for Timmy! :>