Update 1st July

Our 1017 unique giveaways have ended. Only one giveaway remains (Fallout 4) and our main event is over. This was our biggest event by far.

Update 22nd June

We have surpassed the huge milestone of over 1000 unique giveaways one day before the sales end. This is certainly our biggest event so far.

Update 13th June

We have reached the incredible number of 911 giveaways and we are still going strong!

Update 1st June

Teasing for those interested in future events, we already have over 350 giveaway reservations. 300 of them were reserved in about an hour which sets a record of the highest rate of reservations in any of our past events.

Created 17th May

Hello again community!
Some of you may already know what this thread is for, so if you do please skip the introduction part, but read the rest:

Group Introduction

First of all you should know that this is not a new group, it was first created during Chrismas 2012 and since then we've had five successful events:

The group's stats page can give you a glimpse of that success.

So it is obvious by the repetition pattern, that we operate close and during big Steam Sales. The goal of this group is to gather a certain amount of members that will create unique quality giveaways and share them with the rest. The tricky part is that ALL of those giveaways will end at exactly the same time, regardless of the time zone.

For that to work there are some rules to follow:

• Members must comply to SteamGifts rules.
  • Every member must create at least one primary giveaway.
  • Primary giveaways must not be bundled or exploited games and should at least get 1/5 of the group size in entries.
  • Created giveaways must end at a specific time and date which is yet to be decided, but will certainly be after the Steam Summer Sales. Giveaways should be created at least 48 hours before that time.
  • There should be no giveaways for the same game (so that people can't win the same game twice, but multiple copies cause no problems).
  • Primary giveaways should have no Contribution Value requirement.
  • All giveaways must be region free.

It's simpler than it looks, the hardest part is for me to organize and make sure people follow the rules.

For those that need more details, you should check on the group's profile here.
Also take a look at our FAQ.

How to enter the group

• You must ask for an invitation on this topic, but first read the rest of the bullets.
  • I will not reply to you in this thread nor if you are accepted or rejected. You will either get an invite, or be contacted in person by me.
  • To avoid having untrustworthy people that could ruin the event for others, there is a restriction of level 4 or higher required for me to consider your application, as well as being a member of this site for at least 3 months.
  • Even if you are eligible due to above requirements, you are not granted to enter, those are just a way to avoid random invitation requests.
  • You should NOT add me on Steam to ask an invite.

What you should also know

• If you haven't read the rules don't apply for this group.
  • Like it or not, there are already people that have had a great course through our last events that will be on priority line. People I know personally and that I trust that they will fullfil the requirements of this group will be prioritized too.
  • People that have been in past events, are not automatically reinvited upon their request.
  • The maximum member cap is 70, but this could be lowered if not enough applicants meet the group's standards.
  • The invitation process is an one man's job, so be patient... (probably no invites in the next few hours)

What's the group's timeline

(read this if you get to be a member of this group)

• [Cleaning group phase] All previous members are asked to leave the group. Those who fail to do so are kicked. This is done so that only those re-interested apply here and probably get reinvited.
  • [Recruitment phase I] First there is the recruitment phase where I put up this topic and gather applications and send out invites. Minimum duration 5 days.
  • [Recruitment phase II] When we reach 55 members the last 5 will be picked from a list of 20 remaining applicants by votes of those 55 members.
  • [Reservation phase] A giveaways topic will be created were you can only reserve the giveaway(s) you plan to make, no giveaway creation yet. This phase will probably last at least 1 week and will start before and close to the date of the Steam Sale. For the first 3 days, you will only be able to reserve 1 giveaway. After the first 3 days reservations will be unlimited.
  • [Giveaways creation phase] You can start creating your giveaways ending at that specified time.
  • [No more giveaways phase] 48 hours before the giveaways ending time, the giveaways topic will be locked and I will check if members fullfilled the rules. If needed there will be kicks (hasn't happened so far).
  • [Happy winners phase] Giveaways have ended and most of us feel happy with their wins.

Few last words

Our last event had 69 members and 648 unique simultaneous giveaways (average of 9+ giveaways per member, which means also an average of 9+ wins per member). Everyone (except those who chose not to enter anything) won something, but still the unluckiest five got 1 extra game from their wishlist as "compensation" on behalf of many of our members who donated the amount needed. Everything went smoothly and I will do my best for things to go well again.

tl;dr

This group is not for you

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Do polls in a group recruitment topic make any sense?

View Results
Yes they do, duh!
Nope, don't be silly...
Don't know what I'm doing here so... POTATO!

im also interested to join

9 years ago

Teasing ?!?! :D
Yea lets tease

Nice events btw :)

View attached image.
View attached image.
9 years ago

SimGive is active only during events, each time taking maximum amount of activity of 1 month, while Golden 100 is active whole time. So instead of 2 years include 5 months and you wil get the actual activity span ;) Also it's hard to compare stats, while SimGive stats cannot be boosted by multiple GAs of the same game currently avaiable on sale, Gift sent value is raised by 100% of bundle games etc.

There is no point in comparing stats of active-all-the-time-GA-group to periodically-active-event-group. As well as compare two groups with different rules regarding GA creation, because if we don't look at the difference in group rules, I can just drop you this as a counter :D:

View attached image.
9 years ago

We will get you too :D
Just joking, no offense , we are all here from same reasons :)
Cheers maity

9 years ago

none taken, was partially joking as well with my image ;p

9 years ago

We have 829 individual games being given away, thus far. That's going to make it more difficult to beat the record, come next SimGives event. P

9 years ago

Indeed, but that's minor at this point :p

830 unique giveaways is just wow...

9 years ago

You should update your OP to more accurately reflect the number of unique giveaways in this current event. We're up to 904, now.

9 years ago

Must make it to 1000! I'll do my share when I get home on Sunday :P

9 years ago

Done! :D

9 years ago

join me :D

9 years ago

learn to read :D

9 years ago

Wow, seems like a great group with tons of giveaways. I am terribly jealous! ;)
Maybe next time when I reach the 3 months with my account :)

9 years ago

News So far

We have surpassed the huge milestone of over 1000 unique giveaways one day before the sales end. This is certainly our biggest event so far.

9 years ago

News So far

Our 1017 unique giveaways have ended. Only one giveaway remains (Fallout 4) and our main event is over. This was our biggest event by far. There has been someone with 52 simultaneous wins, but with 1018 giveaways and 60 members there might be a higher streak.

8 years ago

Oh damn, how did I miss this??

8 years ago

That's what I wondered, too! Better luck next time...

8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago by tragikos.