Update 1st July

Our 1017 unique giveaways have ended. Only one giveaway remains (Fallout 4) and our main event is over. This was our biggest event by far.

Update 22nd June

We have surpassed the huge milestone of over 1000 unique giveaways one day before the sales end. This is certainly our biggest event so far.

Update 13th June

We have reached the incredible number of 911 giveaways and we are still going strong!

Update 1st June

Teasing for those interested in future events, we already have over 350 giveaway reservations. 300 of them were reserved in about an hour which sets a record of the highest rate of reservations in any of our past events.

Created 17th May

Hello again community!
Some of you may already know what this thread is for, so if you do please skip the introduction part, but read the rest:

Group Introduction

First of all you should know that this is not a new group, it was first created during Chrismas 2012 and since then we've had five successful events:

The group's stats page can give you a glimpse of that success.

So it is obvious by the repetition pattern, that we operate close and during big Steam Sales. The goal of this group is to gather a certain amount of members that will create unique quality giveaways and share them with the rest. The tricky part is that ALL of those giveaways will end at exactly the same time, regardless of the time zone.

For that to work there are some rules to follow:

• Members must comply to SteamGifts rules.
  • Every member must create at least one primary giveaway.
  • Primary giveaways must not be bundled or exploited games and should at least get 1/5 of the group size in entries.
  • Created giveaways must end at a specific time and date which is yet to be decided, but will certainly be after the Steam Summer Sales. Giveaways should be created at least 48 hours before that time.
  • There should be no giveaways for the same game (so that people can't win the same game twice, but multiple copies cause no problems).
  • Primary giveaways should have no Contribution Value requirement.
  • All giveaways must be region free.

It's simpler than it looks, the hardest part is for me to organize and make sure people follow the rules.

For those that need more details, you should check on the group's profile here.
Also take a look at our FAQ.

How to enter the group

• You must ask for an invitation on this topic, but first read the rest of the bullets.
  • I will not reply to you in this thread nor if you are accepted or rejected. You will either get an invite, or be contacted in person by me.
  • To avoid having untrustworthy people that could ruin the event for others, there is a restriction of level 4 or higher required for me to consider your application, as well as being a member of this site for at least 3 months.
  • Even if you are eligible due to above requirements, you are not granted to enter, those are just a way to avoid random invitation requests.
  • You should NOT add me on Steam to ask an invite.

What you should also know

• If you haven't read the rules don't apply for this group.
  • Like it or not, there are already people that have had a great course through our last events that will be on priority line. People I know personally and that I trust that they will fullfil the requirements of this group will be prioritized too.
  • People that have been in past events, are not automatically reinvited upon their request.
  • The maximum member cap is 70, but this could be lowered if not enough applicants meet the group's standards.
  • The invitation process is an one man's job, so be patient... (probably no invites in the next few hours)

What's the group's timeline

(read this if you get to be a member of this group)

• [Cleaning group phase] All previous members are asked to leave the group. Those who fail to do so are kicked. This is done so that only those re-interested apply here and probably get reinvited.
  • [Recruitment phase I] First there is the recruitment phase where I put up this topic and gather applications and send out invites. Minimum duration 5 days.
  • [Recruitment phase II] When we reach 55 members the last 5 will be picked from a list of 20 remaining applicants by votes of those 55 members.
  • [Reservation phase] A giveaways topic will be created were you can only reserve the giveaway(s) you plan to make, no giveaway creation yet. This phase will probably last at least 1 week and will start before and close to the date of the Steam Sale. For the first 3 days, you will only be able to reserve 1 giveaway. After the first 3 days reservations will be unlimited.
  • [Giveaways creation phase] You can start creating your giveaways ending at that specified time.
  • [No more giveaways phase] 48 hours before the giveaways ending time, the giveaways topic will be locked and I will check if members fullfilled the rules. If needed there will be kicks (hasn't happened so far).
  • [Happy winners phase] Giveaways have ended and most of us feel happy with their wins.

Few last words

Our last event had 69 members and 648 unique simultaneous giveaways (average of 9+ giveaways per member, which means also an average of 9+ wins per member). Everyone (except those who chose not to enter anything) won something, but still the unluckiest five got 1 extra game from their wishlist as "compensation" on behalf of many of our members who donated the amount needed. Everything went smoothly and I will do my best for things to go well again.

tl;dr

This group is not for you

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Do polls in a group recruitment topic make any sense?

View Results
Yes they do, duh!
Nope, don't be silly...
Don't know what I'm doing here so... POTATO!

This is a grat idea ^^ If there is any space left i would like to join.
my chances are smal, but with a bit of luck you'll see my post and there is space for me :D

9 years ago

Yup, sign me up if possible

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

I would like an invitation to join please

9 years ago

I'd love to be part of this, so here I'm trying to join one more time :)

9 years ago

what is this heresy? SimGive almost dropping from 1st page? not gonna happen! bump!

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

9 years ago*

POTATO. nice to see the group is well and continues, Dont think i can make it this time either.

9 years ago

I would love to join again, but I don't think funds will allow it atm. Good luck with the group this summer Trag! If I can no make GA, I no enter GA. Let the will of the Myzzy be heard!

9 years ago

noooooo! what have you done to your hair? :(

9 years ago

It's gone Zelgh, it's gone. 8 years of long hair all gone. 2007-2015 RIP Myzzy's Hair. haha

9 years ago

you traitor! what is 8 years? mine are 14 already ;p

9 years ago

It's a Samson and Delilah thing. She made him shave off his hair. Now he can't make any more giveaways. See the correlation?

9 years ago

:'( Always sad when it's time to go for another one.

I cut mine in 2012. Those were hard times for me. Hang on there!

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

I forgot this was going up, I want to join again if you'll have me :>

9 years ago

+1.

9 years ago

How i fan join?

9 years ago

probably by reading what is written in the OP? all is explianed in details.

or in your case:

tl;dr

This group is not for you

9 years ago

I would like to join again :D

9 years ago

+1 for Fiat!

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

+100 for the drunkard with a heart of gold, who runs the chattiest of my chat groups.

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

obvious +1 from me as well :>

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

News So far

We should have 55 members up to now some of which are newbies to our events. I still have a list of 23 applicants that I'm considering. Since I don't know all of them and I can only judge by their SG profile, I gather opinions from our members, so this takes some time.

We have also been discussing with our members considering lowering the member cap from 70 to 65 or even 60 if that means we get a better overall quality over quantity. This will be decided by Friday when I plan to stop accepting applications.

If you haven't been invited yet, it does not mean you have been rejected

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

Courtesy bump

9 years ago

uppity up

9 years ago

i'd like to join steam group

9 years ago

i'd like you to learn to read

9 years ago

Zing!

9 years ago

Bump for group :D

9 years ago

News So far

We still have 55 members and 23 on the "waiting list". It is decided that our group member cap will be 60 for this event and the final 5 members to be invited from the group will be decided by our members (through a voting procedure). I will stop accepting invitations in about an hour just in case...

If you haven't been invited yet, it does not mean you have been rejected

9 years ago

No more applications accepted

Like I said there are 23 people on the waiting list for the last 5 spots in the group. In the next hours I will give a list of 20 of them to our members and they will start voting those they prefer. By the end of the weekend we should have the last five members of the group.

If you have applied but have not been invited yet, it does not mean you have been rejected. You might get chosen by our members.

9 years ago

Might wanna edit this

[Recruitment phase II] When we reach 65 members the last 5 will be picked from a list of 20 remaining applicants by votes of those 65 members.

9 years ago

Thanks, just changed it :)

9 years ago

I managed to miss this completely, guess I'll have to wait for winter ;_;

9 years ago

News So far

Our members have concluded via voting that our last 5 members of the group shall be:

• Draconis79
  • orangepiranha
  • ozo2003
  • trentonlfGOG
  • Cjcomplex

They have all been invited, so we have now reached the goal of 60 members for this event.

9 years ago

Excited to be part of such an awesome group of people. Thanks!

9 years ago

News So far

We already have over 350 giveaway reservations. 300 of them were reserved in about an hour which sets a record of the highest rate of reservations in any of our events.

9 years ago

442 giveaway reservations in the first three hours. Things have slowed down, now.

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

Khalaq:
"442 giveaway reservations in the first three hours. Things have slowed down, now."

Slowed down? We're over 550 GAs now! :D: And it's with almost 20% of group not even reserving secondary GAs yet, because they got open only few hours ago - and time zones are a bitch(es) ;p And it's still long before Steam sales and any retail sales.

With all the issues, 10 less members, region locks and others - we're boldly marching to break yet another record!

Viva la synchronization!

9 years ago

Viva la synchronization!

9 years ago

what is this :))?

9 years ago

This is us breaking the record, yet again, and on the first day of the event. Over 650 giveaways (thus far), all of them scheduled to end at the same time.

9 years ago*

i cant join :( so this part suck :( gl or i dont know how

9 years ago

well, probably reading before trying to join could help.

9 years ago

Bah! Reading is for intellectual sissy-pants! P

9 years ago

reading is no good :))
bad rulls :(
To avoid having untrustworthy people that could ruin the event for others, there is a restriction of level 4 or higher required for me to consider your application, as well as being a member of this site for at least 3 months.
i am new here and cant benefit from this "This is us breaking the record, yet again, and on the first day of the event. Over 650 giveaways (thus far), "
so this part sucks...
moveing on :d

9 years ago

News So far

We have yet again beaten our previous record and we are now at 665 unique giveaways. Having 60 members instead of 70 and even with the region restrictions in place, beating the previous record of 648 giveaways showed that our members are just awesome.

9 years ago

Closed 8 years ago by tragikos.