The new Steam survey for hardware and software went out and here's the results for those curious.

Some quick notiable ones..
Direct X 12 GPUs is the most used with 93.82% followed by Dirext X 11 GPUs with .64%.
Nivida RTX 3060 is the card most used with 5.86% followed by the 4060 with 4.85%.
Windows 10 64 bit is the most used OS with 50.25% followed by Windows 11 64 bit with 49.25%.
Intel CPUs are the most used 67.38% followed by AMD with 32.57%.

Those are only the first and second place listing of what I've mentioned. There's other categories listed on the full results which you can find in the link below.
https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

1 hour ago

Comment has been collapsed.

That Linux OS user count is extremely low. Especially if you consider that would include all the Steam Decks as well.

1 hour ago

i have a steam deck but i didn't participate in the survey, i haven't even connected to the internet this month

1 hour ago

Would it? I'd assume most deck users take advantage of both PC and steamdeck and are more likely to answer from PC (which majority is windows)

1 hour ago

Oh shiz you're right

1 hour ago

Do you really think steam deck has a high enough percentage of the player base to make a difference to those numbers?

1 hour ago

It actually comprises ~40% of the Linux user count who participated in the survey, so it's a relatively big number (270k Steam Deck). Of course not big enough to make that much of a difference in 36M daily users.

1 hour ago

If you consider 36 millions peak online, 1.87% seems rather normal, especially since it's for the only thing that linux isn't so good at, gaming.

1 hour ago

the DirectX 12 metric is useless, even 10 year old cards have DirectX 12, i would like to see the feature levels, especially 12_2 (GeForce 20,30,40 series), 12_1 (GeForce 900, 10, 16) and 12_0 (older cards)

1 hour ago

As a W10 user, I wonder why I still refuse to update to W11 everytime my pc boots and asks me to

1 hour ago

I'm still on W10 as well, one of my friends recently upgraded to 11, and experienced frequently bluescreens. Tried formatting it to W11 and still experienced blue screens. So then he formatted and went back to 10, and no bluescreens since.

And I keep on hearing mixed information, some people say W11 is better for gaming today, and other people say it's worse for gaming today and still needs more tweaks.

36 minutes ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.