So the game pre-load started and its seems like the game is 19,6 GB.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

20.1 Gb here.

1 decade ago

I hope it will be worth the 20 gigs.

1 decade ago

That is an entire months bandwidth for me:(

1 decade ago

What does bandwith mean ? Does it mean you're limited in the amount of data you can use ?

1 decade ago

Yes:(

1 decade ago

Is that home internet or mobile internet ? Just curious, I've never heard of limited data for home internet. :-/

1 decade ago

That's possible, []()#Drosselkom :(

1 decade ago

Home internet. We are not in the service area of the better ISP:(

1 decade ago

Many places do this and charge crazy "over usage" fees.

1 decade ago

It isn't very common in the USA, but quite common in other countries. It sucks. When the Internet was first becoming available to home users in the USA, it was a common practice. Some phone companies would even charge you business rates (up the price) if you used too much data over the phone lines in dial-up accounts.

1 decade ago

My monthly threshold is 2GB haha. I rarely notice when it's there because it finishes so fast. Then my speed gets throttled to 1.5 mbps for the rest of the month >.>

1 decade ago

I have a friend that used to sit outside a Dennys and download the stuff he needed since he too had a bandwidth limit. My ISP removed my bandwidth limit, for now, but I had a 250GB limit in the past (which was actually never enforced thankfully since I was always over anyways ><).

1 decade ago

Do you pay the bill?

If you're not, it's likely your parents were paying for extra charges due to you going over.

1 decade ago

Yes I do and no I don't pay extra. I'm assuming they didn't enforce it for the same reason they removed it recently, with a majority of people going over especially with all the streaming services going on. I have a TV subscription but I watch everything through the internet (including sports) and with a heavy month in game releases/downloads, staying under or around 250GB is hard for me. I also do long distance phone calls over seas to my family over the internet but I'm not sure how much bandwidth that consumes if even worth mentioning.

1 decade ago

I'll light a candle for you.

I have no caps so sometimes I delete games and download it again just for the fuck of it. ISP charges to much anyway.

1 decade ago

download it over that period? ._.

1 decade ago

Do you know if i can pre-load the game in a different path? It doesn't ask me where i want to download :(

1 decade ago

yup 19.6GB here, cant wait to play!

1 decade ago

20.1 GB for me =D

1 decade ago

Thanks for tip! Cant wait to play too! :D

1 decade ago

Excellent :)

1 decade ago

Aaaaand my game just became region locked. Great.

1 decade ago

If it said "steam game locked" when you activated the key, don't worry, I got the same message and that just means the game is not out yet.

1 decade ago

Problem is, I activated the key (EDIT: Actually gift, dunno why I said key) about 2-3 months ago now, and bought it from a russian trader. It was region free back then, and they seemed to have applied a retroactive region lock for it. I couldn't have expected this to happen in any way, and all my other preorders and russian trades were pretty clear about what is region locked and what is not.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but at least Rayman: Legends and Creed IV removed the retroactive lock when they did the same, so those who already got it could play with it, but those wanting to buy it from Russia (with love) from then on couldn't trade it as a region-free copy. Hoping this is what'll happen here, fingers crossed.

1 decade ago

Oh, then that is a dirty move by steam. I know they started locking Russian bought copies of games in peoples inventories, but locking an already activated game is just wrong.

1 decade ago

Steam's not the one to blame here, it's more of a publisher thing. Thing is, a solution is needed because by their rules, both of us are in the red about it (I've got a game from a region for a price I wasn't supposed to; They falsely advertised it saying it was region free), even if from a legal standpoint only they are there.

1 decade ago

Usually the lock is just an activation lock. If it's already activated on your account you should be able to play it fine right?

1 decade ago

Nope. Clicking the preload button prompts the message "region locked" in hungarian, and that's it.

1 decade ago

That's some BS right there. Hopefully Steam Support is willing to work it out.

1 decade ago

That's because RU+CIS copies that were fine before were just very recently tagged with onlyallowrun in RU countries retroactively. At the same time, Thief had the new tag preventing crossregion trading and gifting applied, which affects all inventory copies of Thief in different regions retroactively. For you specifically, the first tag is what's causing your trouble. You will not be able to play Thief until they remove it, since onlyallowrun is essentially a full region lock.

Frankly, there's not much you can do. Only thing you can do is hope for a reversal and if that doesn't happen, ask for steam support to remove the game from your library and try to get a refund from whoever sold you the Thief way back.

1 decade ago

Those with 20.1 GB are with Pre purchase bonus maybe.

1 decade ago

My Master Thief Edition Pre-purchase is 19.7GB

1 decade ago

Pre-load now and still 4 days to wait! Now lets just all cross out fingers and hope they didn't fuck it up!

1 decade ago

7 days for us "lucky" Europeans... On the other hand, all Eidos games are great or at least decent so I have hopes for this game.

1 decade ago

7 days? I wait only to 25.02.2014 to get this;p

1 decade ago

Just got my key hurr.
19.6GB here. http://imgur.com/jWONIUI

1 decade ago

Man, I would love to have your internet speed.

1 decade ago

Can you share your internet? That's super fast.

1 decade ago

Just seen some gameplay trailers (for the first time) and it does look interesting... But not pre-order interesting. I could get it on the next sale, but instead I'm gonna wait until it gets bundled... and buy 5 for the same price.

1 decade ago

I thought that difference in GB is because EU/US versions. EU may contain all EU languages so it can be more "heavy" than US that may contain Eng only but I have EU and 19.6Gb. Can someone explain it? I'm curious.

1 decade ago

All versions contain all languages, that can be an exception sometimes though, the more "heavy" lies on upgrading graphics cards drivers or anything at all.

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 month ago.

1 decade ago

I hope it will be. This game was hyped and a lot of people pre-ordered it. they should get burned hard for that. pre-ordering is bad

1 decade ago

It cannot be another Colonial Marines. This one looks bad since they announced it.

1 decade ago

Any way to pre-load to a different drive? There is no option that I can see. :(

1 decade ago

You can move the folder "depotcache" to a different drive (or wherever you want) and then create a symbolic link of that folder in your Steam directory.

1 decade ago

19.6 GB <3 thanks for the post

1 decade ago

Hi guys, like StonerSmurf said you cant change where you install it to, can someone share with me where is the pre-load being inslalled to, I can see the appmanifest_239160.acf in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps

But there is nothing in the downloading folder yet its downloaded 70mb so far, guys where is the actual game installing to??

1 decade ago

I would hate to think that I downloaded the game, very slow internet here and its gone into thin air, can someone please tell me where your pre-load has installed to?

Thanks in advance!

1 decade ago

.../Steam/depotcache

With backslash instead. Can't use it on this forum for some reason.

1 decade ago

6/10

lol

1 decade ago

Ok i'm finally done now with preloading almost 20 GB.
Not sure why i bothered with it tbh, i'll probably play it for no more than 20 minutes seeing how crappy it is.
Oh well, at least i'll get some cards to sell so t-thanks AMD

1 decade ago

what theme do you use?

1 decade ago

Looks like pixelvision to me.

1 decade ago

thanks! downloading now:)

1 decade ago

I got the game gifted today and the region restriction thing is a total bullshit now I can't add my game to the library.

1 decade ago

Does anyone know if the items that the game offer for TF2 and Dota2 can be sell on the marked or trade?

1 decade ago

The items arent tradeable :u

1 decade ago

Not yet. I think it takes about 2 weeks after the game has been released for Genuine items to become marketable.

1 decade ago

how many of you have played previous releases of thief? what was your favorite? i loved thief 2.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Madmatic.