PC and Xbox for me because the Xbox has a bigger community and you could socialize more and it is more harder and competitive. i have all the systems

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

PC

1 decade ago

PC cuz PC create games for all consoles so PC is MASTER OF GAMES

1 decade ago

PC for your everything and PS3 for the exclusives and the few console advantages (plug and play).

1 decade ago

PC only. I hate consoles

1 decade ago

PC. Duh?

X360 and PS3 are both pretty cool, but between the two of them I'm leaning more towards the PStripple because it has mre games I'd like to try.

1 decade ago

I own a Wii and 360, they literally collect dust. It used to be because it was easy to pirate games on a PC, and that's what I used to do, but I can't justify buying a game on 360 when it exists on Steam, becuase no matter what computer I get, i can reinstall it and play, where as when the next-gen consoles come out, i'd have to hook up an old console that probably no longer functions and realize i can't play :(

1 decade ago

All

1 decade ago

pc only. Have a ps3 there gathering dust (its not mine really but nobody uses it)

1 decade ago

PC, xbox 360 and ps3 would only be a pick for the exclusive titles, not planning to go "social" when all you get on the other end is a bunch of 13 yr olds screaming at the mic.

1 decade ago

I have both PC and Xbox, but on Xbox I play only games that are unavailable on PC. I don't care about it's online, I'm not a moron to pay montly fee for something I get for free (and better) on PC. In last few months my Xbox has became platform for arcade (XBLA) games because those have offline co-op.

1 decade ago

I've got the three systems... PC is automatically the winner, since you've pretty much got every game ever, Internet, Skype, and an infinity more of third-party software.

Between 360 and PS3, I'd got with the 360. While I have seen no difference between HDMI and the HDTV cable, the 360 still gives out better graphics. I'm not picky about them, mind you, but the PS3 has a huge flaw, it's blurry. The story is that two-three months before release, Sony was planning to have their players buy a 120 hertz TV (most are 60), which would get you awesome graphics. However they were still 1000$ each at that time, so they quickly adjusted some hardware and, tada, you've got blur everywhere. I'm not kidding, in Rainbow Six Vegas I couldn't even distinguish enemies from the wall.
Sony also admitted that developing on the PS3 was extremely hard because of the Intel CPU. Don't know much more.

My 360 is gathering dust though. Never had any glitch (don't know how people get the three rings too), but the game selection is very poor. Plus if you make an account, you'll have to choose your Locale - the country you live in. And the day you move somewhere else, you're fucked - I can't change that word, that's the only one that'll do. I spent a whole week arguing with the support because they did not want to change my Locale, therefore I could not access my new country's marketplace or buy points, among other problems. The only choice was to make a new dummy account or buy an overpriced (I recall 60$ for 1 gig) official flash drive to transfer save games and disable achievements. And they never got around to changing that Locale, but that's what you get when writing an email to someone whose IQ could make a clam blush. Yes, I'm mad >:(

And of course you have to pay 60$ per year to use your own internet connection to play with screaming preteens.

I for one have refurbished my PS2 and I'm still buying excellent titles on Amazon even today. 30 hours of game for 20 euros? Sure, why not. Still beats... I don't know, any triple A release in the past 12 months?
Plus I get games that I can play with friends straight from the same couch.

1 decade ago

Havent had the chance to play much with a PS3, but you're right about the blur, it was like playing a game at 1024x768 on a 1920x1080 display, everything looked downscaled, jaggies everywhere, and the god awful amount of motion blur was horrible (30 fps ftw? sigh).

Like i said, i'd still get one for MGS4, Heavy Rain, God Of War, Uncharted, Red Dead Redemption and some more, but in that case...i prefer renting the console and play instead of wasting that much money on it.

1 decade ago

MGS4 was a let down. It's no news Snake was ill and it made him look old somehow, but the worse part is the new camouflage options. It was introduced successfully in MGS3 - start, outfit, body, choose one, back, facepaint, choose one. It actually somewhat made you feel like you were putting on the outfit. I remember sometimes letting a 60% coverage happen because it was tedious to change the outfit to just the right one (and damn, there were many).

And then they changed that to a spandex suit and mask that do it for you. Just press O for several seconds and you're done.

I'll be damned (damn, I use that word too much) if renting consoles nice idea. A cyber café model perhaps?

1 decade ago

Yeah its a rather old model here, works quite nicely, you ask for the console and a list of games, pay a small fee, and you rent it for the time you want it.

1 decade ago

"Xbox has a bigger community and you could socialize more and it is more harder and competitive."

hueueueueueueueue

1 decade ago

On a more serious note PC > PS3 > that other one.

XBox may have a bigger community, unfortunately that community consist of people who don't take gaming very seriously (which is okay, just there is a disconnect from what I see gaming as and what they see gaming as and how we approach gaming in general), younger audiences (more of a console thing than a XBox thing), and people like you who think the pinnacle of competitive gaming is <insert crappy XBox fps title here>.

As for more competitive? Relative to the size of the [xbox] community? Probably not any more competitive then any other platform.

Harder? Seriously? First of all competitively speaking, "hard" is relative to other players, not the game, although RTS's are generally thought to have higher skill caps than shooters. If you're talking about single player that's another story, but I don't know of any XBox exclusives that are considered to be "hard." I mean, in general more XBox games seem to appeal more to the testosterone loaded alpha males who need blood, gore, and tits in their games, but it doesn't make the game harder believe it or not.

1 decade ago

Yup!

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

"i have all the systems" phew, saved yourself from the fanboys with that line huh? gg

1 decade ago

[removed for spoiler]
[dick]

1 decade ago

Dude what the fuck? Fuck off asshole.

1 decade ago

What exactly what he spoiling? And which lovely mod added the "[dick]" to the end?

1 decade ago

I think it was something about Heavy Rain. I might be confusing the topics though.

1 decade ago

Yes, it was a spoiler about Heavy Rain. THE spoiler for Heavy Rain.

1 decade ago

I removed his comment because he revealed the identity of the Origami Killer.

1 decade ago

PC > PS3 > Xbox360

1 decade ago

Why is Wii not one of the choices?

1 decade ago

I hated the console wars, so thats why I bought a PC. >:D

1 decade ago

PC where the games for PS3 and Xbox are created :)

1 decade ago

sega dreamcast =P

i love shenmue =D

1 decade ago

PC & Xbox360 :)

1 decade ago

PC and PS3 <3 Best Combo

Owning a 360 is stupid.
Owning a PC and 360 is even more stupid.

2 WHOLE EXCLUSIVES!111
DON'T FORGET TO PAY FOR ONLINE FOR THOSE 2 GAMES11!!
Halo and Gears. Woopdy doo.

1 decade ago

PS3 and PC. The smart choices.

1 decade ago

PC

1 decade ago

PC FOREVER

1 decade ago