The Steam Awards have started! I'm curious about your vote, so hereby a poll on which one you would vote. To keep it in SteamGifts-style, the question is not who deserves the award, but which game you would like to see in a giveaway! (And if you own it already, don't be selfish but think about giving it to a friend xD). The Community Wishlist is helpful indication, but still, you might not have the game on your wishlist, already own it, or maybe have never even heard of the game before. ^^

Day 1: The “Villain Most In Need Of A Hug” Award

Some people just need a hug.

Nominee Community wishlist position (22-12-2016)
Borderlands 2 #147
Dead by Daylight #17
Far Cry 3 #151
Far Cry 4 #49
Portal 2 #139

Voting can be done until December 23rd, 10 AM PST. Click here to vote (on Steam), you will get one trading card by doing so. :)

Master thread about the Steam Awards (and Winter Sale)
A game that did not make it...

And the voting is closed! Portal 2 won with 32% of the 403 votes!

Let's move on to day two!

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Which game would you like to see in a giveaway?

View Results
Borderlands 2
Dead by Daylight
Far Cry 3
Far Cry® 4
Portal 2

If you've played presequel you realize jack wasn't a bad guy,it's actually the mercs fault he turned out the way he did.

7 years ago

I voted for Portal, Vaas was the second one on my list, but Glados voice was cuter :P

7 years ago

PORTAL 2 <3

7 years ago

BL2 because he was a hero to start out.

7 years ago

f..k glados and wheatley, love handsome jacky

7 years ago

I voted Far Cry 4 because Pagan Min is actually kinda nice, in a sick psychotic way I guess.

7 years ago

Bump and Dead by Daylight - just cause...

7 years ago

Handsome Jack all the way.

7 years ago

wheatley is a good guy

7 years ago

Does anyone have all the available badge pictures till now? (from level 1 to 100 or so)

7 years ago

They are going up to level 500 at the moment, you can see them here:
http://www.steamcardexchange.net/index.php?gamepage-appid-566020

7 years ago

Thanks!

7 years ago

Now even up to level 3000.. with 0.09 cents per card / 0.81 cents per level, would be $2430 to reach - Wow :P

7 years ago

Guess they don't have to give us good deals, an event, or even anything remotely resembling good if a few cardjockeys just make a sale worth it for Valve?

7 years ago

ratted bumps!

7 years ago

bump :)

7 years ago

Far cry 3? Dead by Daylight? Do people even understand the title of this award? I think only Portal 2 fits the name, as I haven' played Far cry 4, so can't judge it on that, and Borderlands 2 itself has no hints towards Jack NOT just being a huge asshole.

7 years ago

No they don't... the "timeless classic" title got the most WTF? nominations ever.

7 years ago

Voted Portal 2 since I have no idea about any of the villains in the other game at all. Obviously made no real impression.

7 years ago

Who would say no to GLadOS?

7 years ago

Beepboop cake is a lie

7 years ago

Far Cry 4 obviously. He was such a good villain. He deserved better. ;_;
SPOILER!!!
I didn't want to kill him, so I just let him fly away!

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

Thanks and bump!

7 years ago

Voted Portal 2 because Potato GLadOS

I only own Portal 2 anyway

View attached image.
7 years ago

Voted for Portal ...

Never played any FarCry game .. Neither did i touch Dead by Daylight ( why is that even there )

And Jack is not really the bad guy >.>

7 years ago

I did not play any of them; I've watched the trailers to make a choice and went for Far Cry 3 xD (Far Cry 4 did not have a trailer :P)
Dead by daylight seemed to be the populair choice, based on the community wishlist. Seems not so anymore now in the polls ;)

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

7 years ago

As expected, high-profile big budget titles stole the lions share of nominations.

I'm a bit confused how Undertale didn't get a spot on the "Villain most in need of a hug" rollout, though. I wonder where it ranked compared to the others.

7 years ago

just to let you know, you cant store dead by daylight in inventory, so if theres a sale for it, and ur planning on buying and storing it , might want to rethink that one

7 years ago

Thanks :) Seems that you are still able to purchase it as gift though and e-mail it, so a gift link should work? Did not try it out. Also wonder what happens when you redeem it while already owning it.

7 years ago

I literally only voted for the card, I don't like/play any of these titles so it's kinda hard to cast an honest vote. And when I look at the nominations in the other categories, it hardly gets any better - it's mostly about big-budget mainstream titles that are overly popular anyway. I really would have appreciated if there were more choice on what to vote on. I have no illusions that the winners would have been any different, but at least at the end of the sale I wouldn't have had to support some game I clearly don't like just to get a trading card.

7 years ago

More choice doesn't matter I think, I guess during the nominations these turned out to be the winners anyway. Maybe a vote not to vote and still get a card would have been nice ^^

7 years ago

As I said, I have no illusions that those that are nominated right now would also win in the end, even if we had more choice. I just don't want to support any of them. Yeah, an option"none of the above" would also work for me. I highly doubt that Valve would agree with it though, just ocnsider if the majority really voted "none of the above"? Then they wouldn't have a winner and that would be bad for their sales, right? Again, it would have been cool if they picked and added a few of the more "interesting" choices among the nominations to the final vote, just so people like me with a different taste, also have something to vote for. But seems, they only picked the most common ones.

7 years ago

In that case they already could have picked the winner based on the nominations ;) I liked the nomination round, based on that the most common ones were picked I guess. I've heard about SteamGifts-awards, maybe that will be better. ^^

7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago by Reforced.