Honesty I thought about buying My Name is Mayo or Blood and Bacon...

7 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Bad Rats

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

best game ever

7 years ago

Just clicked, what the fuck.

7 years ago

Bought this at release would recommend it just for the trading cards i made 0,30$ profit

7 years ago

It's actually worth the price

7 years ago

just games

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago*

Deleted

7 years ago

PC Gamer 90%, Destructoid 8.5. Call me stupid but I still trust them more than random users on the Steam page (unless the reviewer clearly doesn't get the game, see Steep on RPS).

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

subjective

7 years ago

I liked Gone Home. I didn't adore it or find it the Citizen Kane of games, but like, yes. I find it peculiar that you're so fond of "To The Moon" (sorry I stalked you) but hate a walking simulator so much.

7 years ago

Also, you don't seem to own the game on Steam. Have you played a... DRM-stripped version? :)

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Sorry, I was talking about Aquatic Adventure, not Gone Home, when I said you don't own the game.

While we're here, what did you do with Braid for 279 hours? :)

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

All right. I never finished, I should get back to it one day!

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

I know, I played most of it when it was new on 360, but got distracted and never completed the last world. I know about the twist at the end, though.

7 years ago

That's just a ridiculous thing to say to be honest. It's not a 9/10 to me either, but this also isn't a topic that resonated with me.
Also, for example, Mirror's Edge, has excellent level design that's pretty much perfect for a linear parkour game. Not so much inside, but you obviously said that it's just level design, meaning that all level design is "weak".
This isn't a criticism either, since I'm just saying that you're talking about something so subjective.

Also, happy cake day :)

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Gunplay's never forced. Never. Never, never, never. I played through it on hard and never shot a person. Play well enough and you can play the whole game by only punching out one guy max. And the bossfight :D
But parkour is just going through your obstacles. It's odd that you don't mention the first 40% of the game. Those never had that issue.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

The parking garage was the one where I meant the one max kill. Also, that doesn't have to be from gunplay.
With the second office I can't remember anymore how I got past them. I just remember completing the game with 0 kills on stream. :D

7 years ago

I played with it only until the second boss so far, and the game is not bad, but neither is outstanding. Basically it's a really fancy looking world where you need to find the way you can go so you can fight the next boss so you'll get an "upgrade" that allows you to move on and find the next one. You can find notes about what could have happened with Earth, but there are not even lesser enemies in the game. If anyone plays it waiting for a "real" metroidvania, it's a letdown. Otherwise it's really not a problematic game, especially for a buck.

7 years ago

Sounds fair to me, especially at this price. If you want a "real" Metroidvania, there's always Shadow Complex (loved it on 360), which you can find dirt cheap.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

...which is?

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

I'll try to get back to it, too. Damn my hoarder instincts!

7 years ago

I'm actually curious what would be your few favourite puzzle game - longevity-wise as far as I know Hexcells Infinite would win, but I'm sure there are others I don't really know about

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago*

Interesting list, thanks!

7 years ago

Braid 8/10? O_O
Should have been at least 11/10!

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Thanks! Kairo was indeed weird, I'M not sure I would have gotten through it without a guide. Felt too mysterious for no good reason. Is your list is about the puzzle parts' originality, or difficulty is in in some way? (Spacechem is really nice, but it's so off the charts in difficulty :D)

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago*

When I first saw that game, it is kind of indie title I like to play, problem is I get stuck on menu screen, you can still refund it if it doesnt work tho

7 years ago

Definitely this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/401360 I'm about to buy it myself. You don't have to buy a stupid/joke game.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Yep!

7 years ago

Damn, it has been recently released and got 90% off! Gonna buy it right away!

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

happy cake day

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

The site is dumb because "it" doesn't share your taste in games?

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

You might have a point, but in this very case it's a game with top scores on major review sites (and I doubt they were bribed).

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Well, that escalated quickly. Also, just bough the game. Looks like something I'll legitimately enjoy.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Were you expecting a negative review? Because so far I'm loving everything about the game. The neo-retro art style is beautiful, the music is well paired and well produced, the difficulty is unforgiving in a way that reminds me of original NES titles like the original Metroid... So far I cannot find a single flaw about the game. I'm seriously tempted to refund the game and buy the deluxe at full price to further support the developer.

EDIT: For reference, it took me 7 deaths to The Worm to get timing and weapon control down. I love the fact that the game expects you to learn instead of telling you how to win.

7 years ago

Don't do that, refunds actually cost money for the dev. Buy it for a giveaway / gift for someone later, that's better for the dev as well :)
(I killed the worm on my first try, the friend who gifted me the game that it has challenge I enjoy said I'm a witch :D )

7 years ago

True enough. After I get the issue with my bank card sorted out I think I may just do that. Thanks for the idea.

7 years ago

Refunds done via steam don't cost the dev's anything since they are paid a month after (so sales in Jan are paid in Feb). Steam just eats whatever charge there happens to be from the payment processor and it counts as a non-sale for the devs.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Or maybe someone has a differing opinion and this just isn't game for you?

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

I never said it doesn't have any. I just said that I haven't found any yet. But it appears that you can't accept that someone likes a game that you don't. There's nothing wrong with not liking a game, but that doesn't make it a terrible overall game - it's just terrible to you, which is fair.

7 years ago

I'm not sure this applies here. Also I don't think Destructoid is often guilty of this particular sin.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

I won't, because I never rated it 9/10. :) I think reviews shouldn't have scores and score scales should be deeply rethought. I'd probably rate it a 7 on a proper scale from 1 to 10, where 7 means good and not failure.

7 years ago

Yes we are! Happy cake day! =)

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

To be fair, the same could be said about GMod, which is just a meme-filled landfill.
Or the 54 hrs on record Woodle Tree Adventures. It's a bad game and I'm also one of those to 100% the game.
Or Pixel Piracy, which is the "check Wiki" simulator.
Or... sigh Nyan Cat: Lost in Space.

People are here to hoard the cheapest possible worthless shit. That's true. But don't pretend like you're not following the same goals. You're the same and perhaps even more than most. And that's not a bad thing :D

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago*

Well, but there you go. These were also just random games that I picked out because I had played all of them at some point. There are 1,225 games in your library. And not all of them are great games. I doubt that even 20% of them are great.
But, does that really matter? Is that a thing that should be really criticized even?

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

That's true. It's mindless. And we all make that mistake.
But what I'm saying is that it doesn't matter if you hoard. Plus, one man's trash is another man's treasure.
2 people have claimed to like this game. You don't. No need to just diss the game so much and just yell how it's awful on both comments mentioning it.
Obviously your choice and just my opinion, but I just found it to be so aggressive that I immediately was intrigued to just ignore both of your comments, since you came off as a generic troll.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

It was just that it felt like you were not saying it because it was legitimately bad but instead it was just something that you said to get a reaction. Or maybe just something that was a petty dislike (basically no real reason but you personally liked it)

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

No, no. I wouldn't call it trolling either. It's just what it looked like at first.
But also, about Steam reviews being "rarely wrong about a game being bad specifically".. that's not too true, let's be honest.
Take Darkest Dungeon for example. The game's extremely well made and it has near to no bugs. The design choices work extremely well with each other and the game has some good new concepts that haven't really been seen in games before (like the stress mechanics and just the overall mental health part of the brave dungeoneers that you hire).

But then... the game has had its most popular reviews be 90% negative, 90% positive and it just goes up and down.
And the reason for them was.... Either people not liking some new mechanic that was introduced and the people not taking their time to get used to it or people feeling that the RNG was a bit too unfair in a game that's supposed to be punishing. Also, at the same time, others claim the opposite in terms of the problematic RNG.

So, while the Steam reviews are a really good way of judging a book by its cover, it's also an extremely flawed system that gives access to too many troll reviews, kneejerk reviews and ideologically influenced reviews.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

+1 on that. :D

7 years ago

Or Pixel Piracy, which is the "check Wiki" simulator.

So true. That game could be a lot of fun if they made it a lot more intuitive and added questlines that take you over several islands / encounters like in FTL. But I have to admit I haven't played it since before the update where they added islands with different climates. Still kind of a letdown considering it's apparently by the same 2 guys you made Terraria.

7 years ago

happy caky

7 years ago

Wow, thanks a lot for the link! Looks like Risk of Rain, and at a cost price of 50cents (Regional price), it doesn't look like a bad deal at all to me.

7 years ago

No problem! I also got it now, sitting in my inventory. :)

7 years ago

The Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human

I bought it yesterday.
BUT IT'S SO MUCH HARD!!!!!!!

7 years ago

Hexoscope is a pretty fun puzzle game. It is seriously underpriced.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 years ago.

7 years ago

Blood and Bacon is a good choice as long as you're aware its downright silly and nonsensical. It's a blast with friends or online. Also the dev is continuously working on and adding things and even playing with people online.

7 years ago

Fortix - Doesn't stop being a classic.

Blood & Bacon - It's not Devil Daggers, but it's not some cheap-ass Russian-made GameGuru asset-flipping being sold for a buck for card farmers either. This is a surprisingly competent horde-mode style shooter with the presentation of a no-budget trash movie. Oh, and it has multiplayer so that can be a big advantage over Devil Daggers.

Out There Somewhere - If you're looking for a really fun game with some metroidvania influences, get this instead of The Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human. I've not played the latter, but seeing it in motion in the trailers makes it look quite dull gameplay-wise. Only problem I had with Out There Somewhere is that there's not enough of it - it's really short.

Super Crate Box - because why pay anything at all for a maniacal platformer/shooter when you don't have to ?

7 years ago

One must never buy Fortix. One must win it on SteamGifts only.

7 years ago

Can one win both Fortix and Bad Rats or would this cause a conflict of generations ?

7 years ago

Nah, by the old ways, winning Bad Rats is another must. But by winning both, you spend so much luck I wouldn't take a flight or train anywhere in the near future.

7 years ago

Well I have no big trips planned (just going snowboarding next week) so I guess I'll risk it :D

7 years ago*

Zenge is a really awesome puzzle game as well, if that's something you like

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Use this money for trading and get a decent bundled game, you can buy any skin the trader wants or buy smth stable like ToDs or capsule keys, under 1.11 euros

7 years ago

7 years ago

Blood and Bacon is fun. I won it here on SG a while ago and I like it. I don't play it all the time, but there are moods when that's just the game to play.

7 years ago

I concur. Blood and Bacon is crazy fun and has 4 player co-op as well

7 years ago

Imprisoned Light & MechaGore

7 years ago

Downwell.

I bought this for .99 USD during the steam sale. Awesome game, currently 1.49 USD. http://store.steampowered.com/app/360740/

7 years ago

http://store.steampowered.com/app/281920/ - great reviews and great game
http://store.steampowered.com/app/313830/ - not so great reviews, bit short, but for this price? Also lovely art (for me)

Keep the rest for future sales or trade it for a bundle game:)

7 years ago

I bought Pinkman the other day. Pretty awesome. http://store.steampowered.com/app/516480/

7 years ago

It looks like a not-as-well polished N with a fart-doublejump mechanics, but if it's good at the end... it's good :)
Check out N and N+ online if you haven't heard about it - so many game mechanics are in Pinkman, maybe you'll like them as well, and they are free! (with N++ on Steam) (the buttons, disappearing blocks, same rocket launcher turrets, timed mines, etc. Less focus on momentum though)

7 years ago

yes, i'm willing to get n++ soon. i don't own a international cc so I missed the bundle (or was it the monthly, can't remember)
but i'm having a great time with Pinkman. That level design... pure evil.

7 years ago

Out There Somewhere! It's fairly short, but it's really pretty! http://store.steampowered.com/app/263980/

7 years ago

Seconded!

Also, Splatter - Zombie Apocalypse (http://store.steampowered.com/app/281920/) is currently 90% off - I picked it up earlier this week and would recommend.

7 years ago

Buy Mountain!

7 years ago

U can buy patato

7 years ago

https://steamdb.info/app/281920/ good game and kinda wierd price

7 years ago

Aquatic Adventure of the last Human:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/401360/

7 years ago

Since you updated your post - I bought My Name is Mayo today and I wouldn't recommend it over another game.
It's a cute clicker, but it's just a clicker and won't bring you as much entertaining as literally every other quality cheap game already mentioned.

7 years ago

Oh sir! the insult simulator.

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.