The Steam Winter Sale started and also the Steam Awards are were up for the final vote! ^^ Below all the information I've gathered about these events until now. Hope there will be many cheap games for us to collect :)

Awards

Steam made an announcement with all the information and here you can find the winners! Each day (on 10 AM PST) on one award could be voted on by all Steam users. Below you can find the date (with a link to a topic about it), the name of the award, all nominees, SteamGifts giveaway choice and the final winner.

Date Award Nominees SG Nominee Winner
December 22nd Villain Most In Need Of A Hug Borderlands 2, Dead by Daylight, Far Cry 3, Far Cry 4, Portal 2 Portal 2 Portal 2
December 23rd I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award Euro Truck Simulator 2, Paladins, Starbound, Stardew Valley, Unturned Stardew Valley Euro Truck Simulator 2
December 24th Test of Time Age of Empires II HD, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Sid Meier’s Civilization V, Team Fortress 2, Terraria The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
December 25th Just 5 More Minutes Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Rocket League, Sid Meier’s Civilization VI, Fallout 4, Terraria Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
December 26th Whoooaaaaaaa, dude! Bioshock Infinite, DOOM, Grand Theft Auto V, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt Grand Theft Auto V
December 27th Game Within A Game Award Garry’s Mod, Grand Theft Auto V, The Stanley Parable, Tabletop Simulator, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt Grand Theft Auto V
December 28th I’m Not Crying, There’s Something In My Eye Life Is Strange, To the Moon, This War of Mine, Undertale, The Walking Dead Life Is Strange The Walking Dead
December 29th Best Use Of A Farm Animal ARK: Survival Evolved, Blood and Bacon, Farming Simulator 17, Goat Simulator, Stardew Valley Stardew Valley Goat Simulator
December 30th Boom Boom Broforce, DOOM, Just Cause 3, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, Kerbal Space Program - DOOM
December 30th Love/Hate Relationship Dark Souls III, Darkest Dungeon, Dota 2, Geometry Dash, Super Meat Boy - Dark Souls III
December 30th Sit Back and Relax ABZU, Cities Skylines, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Mini Metro, Viridi - Euro Truck Simulator 2
December 30th Better With Friends Don’t Starve Together, Gang Beasts, Golf With Your Friends, Left 4 Dead 2, Magicka - Left 4 Dead 2

Winter Sales

Sales have started! They will end on January 2, 10 AM PST.
Visit the Steam Store here

Steam cards / badge: The Steam Awards Badge

The Mysterious Badge changed into The Steam Awards Badge. There are nine cards, corresponding to the nine awards (award no. 9 being Community Choice). You can get cards:

• As a reward for purchasing from the Steam Store
  • By crafting game badges
  • By voting in the Steam Awards (one for every day that you vote)
  • By browsing your Discovery Queue
  • By trading with friends
  • By purchasing them in the Community Market

Crafting them can be done until February 2nd. More information here, on the bottom of the page.

Click here to view the cards, badges, emoticons and backgrounds on Steam Card Exchange (will you get the level 12500 badge? lol xD)

Other topics about the sales and awards

View attached image.
7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Looking forward/enjoying the event?

View Results
Potato!
Potato
Potato.

Do I get anything for voting?
For each day that you vote, you will get a Steam Awards Trading Card. You can get up to four trading cards on “We Didn’t Think Of Everything” by voting for each of the four award categories.

What does that mean ? I'm stuck with three cards, not four. And what's this “We Didn’t Think Of Everything” thingy ?

7 years ago

one card for voting, two for browsing your recommendation list. that´s all for today.
The last day there are four votes, then you can get more daily cards (as I understand it)

7 years ago

Ah yeah, that sounds good like that. Thanks. :)

7 years ago

@By trading with friends@
how may trades and which items must be to get xtra cards?

7 years ago

They mean literally by trading. You don't get extras.

7 years ago

7 years ago*

Thanks for this topic, didn't know the crappy exploration queue still gave 2 more cards, thought Valve screwed us over and lowered 3 free cards per day to 1.

7 years ago

Hoping The Division goes down further in price. 25 is just out of my range. :(

7 years ago

Guys! I craft a badge (lv 30-lv 36) so everytime i craft, there is a drop card but suddenly after lv 37 it stop dropping cards, i check it twice but no drop, is it limited?

7 years ago

Not that I know off, I am level 112 now and still receive cards :) Sometimes if it does not show in the pop-up (when crafting), but you will still receive it in your inventory.

7 years ago

Villain Most In Need Of A Hug: Far Cry 3
I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award: Stardew Valley
Test of Time: Terraria
Just 5 More Minutes: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!: Grand Theft Auto V
Game Within A Game Award: Grand Theft Auto V (Very surprised Fallout 4 wasn't in this catagory, those holotapes are awesome)
I’m Not Crying, There’s Something In My Eye: This War of Mine
Best Use Of A Farm Animal: Goat Simulator
Boom Boom: Have not played any of these games (yet)
Love/Hate Relationship: Dota 2
Sit Back and Relax: Cities Skylines
Better With Friends: Don’t Starve Together

7 years ago

7 years ago

A level 5000 badge got revealed :O http://www.steamcardexchange.net/index.php?gamepage-appid-566020
(yes, you will need 5000x9 = 45000 cards to reach it (that's 45000x0.10 = 4500 dollar) -- good luck with that :P)

7 years ago

Don't forget + foil badges at level 10 :)

7 years ago

True, but at level 10 would have been more reachable (10*9=90 cards, avg. $0.26 per card, would be $23,4).
I say it in the past tense, since it now up to level 50 :P I think there might be more levels, but when you just like to level up, you would go with the regular cards, so they are much less populair (but rare so more expensive) ;)

7 years ago

I just craft a badge. Is that normal if it doesn't drop winter cards after that ?

7 years ago

No, however it sometimes happens that it doesn't show the card in the crafting confirmation screen, however it should appear in your inventory anyway a few moments later! :)

7 years ago

Ah, i see.. So it's only me..
Thanks for the info,
Unfortunately it won't showed up T.T
That always happen to me when crafting a badge, at least once a day.
and usually happen after crafting 3 badges.
Oh.. Gaben... Why me... T.T :p

7 years ago

Updated with the winners :)

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

Thanks for joining it and good luck ^^

7 years ago

never realized how slight a minority Steamgifters apparently are in the whole of the Steam community :/

7 years ago

Yes, or maybe how my poll question messed up the results? ;)

7 years ago

Happy new year ^^
Seems majority of voters in steam community are into "Boom.. Boom.." plus cars,
GTA, CSGO, GMod, kind of those games..
Oh, zombie also..

View attached image.
7 years ago

Thank you for your nice card! Happy new year to you too ^^
I'm liking GTA V and CS:GO also, so guess that applies to me too :P

7 years ago

BUMP
Don't forget to craft/sell/make gem all of your winter cards guys.. for profitz :p

7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago by Reforced.