The Steam Winter Sale started and also the Steam Awards are were up for the final vote! ^^ Below all the information I've gathered about these events until now. Hope there will be many cheap games for us to collect :)

Awards

Steam made an announcement with all the information and here you can find the winners! Each day (on 10 AM PST) on one award could be voted on by all Steam users. Below you can find the date (with a link to a topic about it), the name of the award, all nominees, SteamGifts giveaway choice and the final winner.

Date Award Nominees SG Nominee Winner
December 22nd Villain Most In Need Of A Hug Borderlands 2, Dead by Daylight, Far Cry 3, Far Cry 4, Portal 2 Portal 2 Portal 2
December 23rd I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award Euro Truck Simulator 2, Paladins, Starbound, Stardew Valley, Unturned Stardew Valley Euro Truck Simulator 2
December 24th Test of Time Age of Empires II HD, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Sid Meier’s Civilization V, Team Fortress 2, Terraria The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
December 25th Just 5 More Minutes Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Rocket League, Sid Meier’s Civilization VI, Fallout 4, Terraria Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
December 26th Whoooaaaaaaa, dude! Bioshock Infinite, DOOM, Grand Theft Auto V, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt Grand Theft Auto V
December 27th Game Within A Game Award Garry’s Mod, Grand Theft Auto V, The Stanley Parable, Tabletop Simulator, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt Grand Theft Auto V
December 28th I’m Not Crying, There’s Something In My Eye Life Is Strange, To the Moon, This War of Mine, Undertale, The Walking Dead Life Is Strange The Walking Dead
December 29th Best Use Of A Farm Animal ARK: Survival Evolved, Blood and Bacon, Farming Simulator 17, Goat Simulator, Stardew Valley Stardew Valley Goat Simulator
December 30th Boom Boom Broforce, DOOM, Just Cause 3, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, Kerbal Space Program - DOOM
December 30th Love/Hate Relationship Dark Souls III, Darkest Dungeon, Dota 2, Geometry Dash, Super Meat Boy - Dark Souls III
December 30th Sit Back and Relax ABZU, Cities Skylines, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Mini Metro, Viridi - Euro Truck Simulator 2
December 30th Better With Friends Don’t Starve Together, Gang Beasts, Golf With Your Friends, Left 4 Dead 2, Magicka - Left 4 Dead 2

Winter Sales

Sales have started! They will end on January 2, 10 AM PST.
Visit the Steam Store here

Steam cards / badge: The Steam Awards Badge

The Mysterious Badge changed into The Steam Awards Badge. There are nine cards, corresponding to the nine awards (award no. 9 being Community Choice). You can get cards:

• As a reward for purchasing from the Steam Store
  • By crafting game badges
  • By voting in the Steam Awards (one for every day that you vote)
  • By browsing your Discovery Queue
  • By trading with friends
  • By purchasing them in the Community Market

Crafting them can be done until February 2nd. More information here, on the bottom of the page.

Click here to view the cards, badges, emoticons and backgrounds on Steam Card Exchange (will you get the level 12500 badge? lol xD)

Other topics about the sales and awards

View attached image.
7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Looking forward/enjoying the event?

View Results
Potato!
Potato
Potato.

So... I'll blindly vote games that I don't even play?
I mean.... really?

7 years ago

Na, at least look at the trailer or the picture? I've included handy links xD

7 years ago

Well, I sort of already know for what I'm gonna vote in each category... cos in many I've only played one of those.
Let's hope there's at least a few good deals, but I have this feeling that other sites are going to be cheaper.

7 years ago

Valve's own games will be a bargain hopefully ^^ And Complete-the-set bundles tend to become lucrative when you own a couple of them :)

7 years ago

Nothing ridiculous or even remotelly funny about those nominations ... m3h

I guess they will force us to vote if we want to get the trading cards for free >.<

7 years ago

Or another badge? ^^ (you could remove your vote(s) actually after receiving the badge xD)

7 years ago

I wanted more obscure games to be nominated, oh well :P
Also lately I don't buy that many games but I am interested in the steam event itself, I hope it's good

7 years ago

Thanks for the info. Sigh at the nominations

7 years ago

Seriously hoping we don't get only 1 card per day..

7 years ago

"Cards earned by voting during The Steam Awards: %s"

I don't think there are multiple votes per day? so...

7 years ago

12 cards in total? That sounds strangely low for an event. It could means tens of thousands of dollars less transaction fees for Valve. I doubt they would willingly lose that much free money.

7 years ago

yeah, it's low :(.

unless they do something like 3 cards per vote or if there's multiple ways to earn.

7 years ago

there always can be some daily game or other event generating cards (i hope so:)

7 years ago

I hope so too, guess maybe again by checking out your game recommendations and also by buying games.

7 years ago

So, int the test of time category, we have three games released this decade, one game almost being 10 years old, and one game that is actually an old one (with a 2013 re-release).
Not surprised though; I would have been more surprised if Skyrim isn't there. I don't expect the Bethesda crowd to be intelligent enough to put Morrowind in there, which could be a great nominee.

I have a fleeting feeling though that those are not the most-voted games in that category, Valve just chose those that weren't nominated yet and games which at least were more than 4 years old.

By the way, wasn't Harvest Moon PC Edition already pretty popular upon its initial Steam launch? it is the only thing that looks strange in that category.

7 years ago

I voted for Morrowind 😐 I'm surprised to see Skyrim in that category.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

Hey!

Bethesda semi fanboi here. I didn't vote for Skyrim.

(I actually went with Master of Orion 2 )

7 years ago

There are two kinds of Bethesda fanboys though. One category are mostly the Morrowind crowd, who liked their only game with actual RPG elements and the one which still manages to hold its own today as a classic cRPG. the others jumped on the bandwagon at or after Oblivion. They are the kinds who think the Elder Scrolls series started with Skyrim or that the first Fallout was Fallout 3 (and no, I am not even exaggerating, this is really a thing). And as time went on, they became a really rabid user base, which probably reached its zenith around the time Fallout 4 was about to get released. The ones who think they know the Elder Scrolls franchise because they have 1000 hours in Skyrim or are experts on Fallout because they played FO3 and maybe FO4. The really, really dangerously obnoxious fanboy kind. And they are not just some self-centered crowd; thanks to them, Bethesda can release half-finished buggy messes (that starting from Fallout 4 even flat-out steal ideas from… pardon me, pay homage to modders) and they are completely excused from doing so. (Even though any other publisher/developer who did the same were publicly shamed, sometimes probably by the very same people.)

7 years ago

Yeah, the Bethesda fanboys are among the worst in the gaming world. Point out some of the many bugs in the game and you get an entire essay on why it doesn't matter and what mods you should use. Try explaining to them that a game should be good without mods...

Even though any other publisher/developer who did the same were publicly shamed, sometimes probably by the very same people.

Seriously, I've seen situations where there were only a handfull of minor bugs and people hated on the company so much, while Bethesda gets away with games that are nothing but bugs...

7 years ago

What loser ONLY has 1000 hours on Skyrim? Pfft!

I really enjoy the mods etc that can pretty much change the whole game almost into something new. I get that they do seem to almost rely on modders though and release stuff that sure could be better with the knowledge that the modding community will "fix" it.

I'm not going to sit around and memorize lore and dispute with others over it though, I have other things (like work, a daughter, and actually playing some games) to do.

7 years ago

For those people asking about the "Game that deserves a sequel award" I think a reason why that probably wasn't an option since most people (including me) that did it chose HL2 and or HL2EP2 and there would be only 1-2 choices for that award and they would basically be the same game?

A thing I noticed that I'm not a big fan of is that there is a few games that are nominated for multible awards: GTAV, DOOM, Terraria and maybe others and what I think would have probably been better if a different game would have took there second or even third spot.

7 years ago

Yeah, it would be pretty boring award if it had only HL2+episodes to vote.

People likely overestimate amount of votes it got. As far from everyone use discussion, reddit, etc.

only ~10% steam participate in event like this based on badge statistics.

7 years ago

How come did the "I'm Dying From All the Cute Girls" category not appear?

7 years ago

They should have made even more categories! ^^

7 years ago

Oh neaaat!

7 years ago

Happy cake day ;) Good day to have it, Steam will make a special sale for you today :P

7 years ago

Thank you! Very nice of them to do such thing for me, huh? ;D

7 years ago

If Blood and Bacon doesn't win Best Use of a Farm Animal, i will be incredibly disappointed.

7 years ago

Go campaign! :P Guessing Goat Simulator has the best chances, just because of the name of the game..

7 years ago

Same, but goat simulator may win simply due to more exposure numbers (GS's 44K reviews vs B&B's 7K).

7 years ago

It's that or Goat Sim.
Fuck knows what ARK is doing in that list, and farm animals in actual farming games isn't what I call creative or "best use"

7 years ago

I was kind of disappointed that Skyrim, Civ5, and Terraria were on the test of time award. But people can have different interpretations of old i guess. Not that i would have voted for say Morrowind anyway. I honestly don't think it has aged particularly well.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Didn't know the game, but knowing some other RPG's I'm curious about this story. Guess that negotiating without violence must be something special (although the price is very unfriendly).

7 years ago

Is somebody here from Norway and Canada?

7 years ago*

Well, this just shows that letting the masses vote without any form of control is just a bad idea. Most of these are just popular AAA games with a ton of fans and don't have anything (or very little) to do with the category (test of time being a very good example).

But there are some good ones, like Life is Strange in I’m Not Crying, There’s Something In My Eye.

Also: what farm animals are there in ARK? Isn't that game about dinosaurs?

EDIT:

Sit Back and Relax
Cities Skylines

Wait, what? The game is amazing, I'll give you that, but relaxing? Same for Mini Metro btw. Great game, but requires way too much attention to be relaxing...

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Life is Strange for I'm Not Crying award is the only one I really care about

7 years ago

Mini Metro is indeed not relaxing! Was fun to play for a while and looks very nice, but after getting all achievements for the game and be done with it, guess what.. they keep adding new achievements :/

7 years ago

For game inside a game I voted for Day of the Tentacle!
Because you can play the entire Maniac Mansion on a PC on this game!
How amazing is to be able to play the predecessor inside the continuation? And if I tell the version of Maniac Mansion is also remastered? Damn, 2 remastered games! It was unfair for it not being nominated!

7 years ago

Yep, that game got my vote too.
I guess not many people know or care

7 years ago

I didn't know this game indeed :/ My vote for this award will go for sure to GTA V though, all the things you can do there is amazing; golfing, tennis, racing, shooting range, parachuting, flight school, darts, arm wrestling, triatlons, etc. etc.

7 years ago

Same... and now we got this :/

7 years ago

Everything I voted for isn't on the list: check.
Eyes glazing over while reading the list: check.

The hell is Tabletop Simulator doing Game Within a Game? Its not... quite a game. More of a platform to play games on.

7 years ago

At least it's a game I've heard about xD

7 years ago

My wallet is more than ready. Come on Steam, don't disappoint me again!

7 years ago

Mine too :) One more hour and we'll know!

7 years ago*

Well nothing's here.

7 years ago

I see a nice looking banner :P And you can cast your vote :)
Edit: and after refreshing it's down due heavy load

7 years ago

Yeah it's up now (well down) :D

7 years ago

It's going up and down :) But by visiting some pages, the sales are started for sure ^^

7 years ago

Looks like none of my nominations made it... Still... I like the award voting!

7 years ago

where the feck are the sales? i only see full prices on my highlights

7 years ago

Refresh a couple of times ^^ Guess the Steam servers have a hard time ;)

7 years ago

Topic updated with the latest information :) If you have any additions, please comment them! ^^

7 years ago

Will it drop cards for going through recommended list?

One day my store will hopefully load.

7 years ago

It should do so, Steam stated that cards can be earned by browsing your Discovery Queue

7 years ago

Just read that in your text above... thanks for answering though!

7 years ago

1 card drop each day per vote on the Steam Awards.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 7 years ago.

7 years ago

I know the feeling xD It keep's me logging out and in on refreshing..

7 years ago

maybe you wanna add this link to the post for people wondering how the new badges look like and what lvl to craft^^

7 years ago

Good suggestion! :) Added :)

7 years ago

Those mysterious cards changed and all became untradable?

7 years ago

They changed to the new set, but they should still be trade-able or able into gems. Maybe you bought cards, then there is a trading ban on them for a week..

7 years ago

For me they were tradeable but now are untradeable till 2/2/2017, probably the day they dissappear. :/

7 years ago

I think you are confusing the Valid until with being not trade-able. I can't check since your profile is private, but never heart about trading cards having such a long trade lock. Try selling them or trade them and you'll know :)

7 years ago

Yes, you were right.

7 years ago

:) Happy trading!

7 years ago

So this time I´m able to sell the cards and won´t have to turn them to gems (15 day trade lock as no Steam Authenticator, and I don´t want it... too annoying to approve every 5-cent-transaction). At least one improvement ;)

7 years ago

But you also have to confirm every sell? Or you mean you just trade them with someone? :)

7 years ago

As far as I know you have to confirm every sell.
I have to confirm the mail they send (=1 click). Should be enough security for a item worth 4-10 cents, but no, I have to wait 15 days until it becomes active...
And no, I don´t trade them... nothing I need for them, I don´t craft badges etc. Cards are just good for steam wallet for me ;)
And trading would have a delay too (depends on how long the other one is on my friends list already).

7 years ago

Well, if your talking about the event cards, you cannot sell them after the event is over :(
The cards are only valid until 2/2/2017, 6:00:00 PM, so 15 days from now will be far after that..

7 years ago

? but Feb 2nd is still 40 days away? Do you mean I can´t sell them after the event, only use them to craft badges/ gems? Well gems it is then (if no one on my friends list (for > 1 year) wants them)

7 years ago

You are right! I assumed it was until the 2nd of January! Even while I copy-pasted the right date. Sorry for that.. I'm off to bed, looks like I need some new energy/concentration :P

7 years ago

I much rather had an off-switch than an additional month, but it's something I guess?
Even though you still need 15-day advancement clairvoyance.

7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago by Reforced.