I feel very proud to have achieved this without having Bad Rats in my library.

To celebrate this occasion, I've created a giveaway for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition, since I'm extremely enjoying The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (on GOG) right now. I'm sorry I couldn't give away Witcher 3, because I recently bought a new PC (Witcher 3 came with the graphics card) and don't have much money to spare.

Anyway, the giveaway is out there. It ends on Sunday 10pm CEST. There is no contributor requirement. Anybody is free to enter. But first, you must find it.

If nobody finds the giveaway during the next 24 hours, I will add a hint.

Good luck!

EDIT: Changed the title, since it could be understood as begging. The original title was "I have 999 games. Quick, somebody gift me Bad Rats." I thought it was funny. And seriously, who in their right mind would want to receive Bad Rats as a gift?

Hint:

Woof!

This should be much easier now. If there are still no entries after 24 hours, I will add another hint.

So, while I was asleep, this happened.

"Thanks", RdMizudori.

I now have exactly one thousand games, Bad Rats being my 1000th game. Fuck my life.

The giveaway has ended. Congrats to all who managed to find it. There were 14 entries.

This puzzle giveaway was fun for me. I hope you enjoyed it as well. I read interesting stories about people getting Bad Rats. I also learned that the majority of Steamgift users doesn't own Bad Rats (which I didn't expect). Thanks to RdMizudori I reached 1000 games. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Sure, my 1000th game was Bad Rats, but I think it's still better than this. All in all, it was a fun experience and I will make another, more complicated puzzle when I get the time. Until then, seeing that a lot of you didn't experience the epiphany of owning something of such awesomeness, you can enter here.

View attached image.
9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Bad Rats. Do you own it?

View Results
Yes
No

Once you get past the retarded theme, the awful graphics & glitchy physics ... Bad Rats isn't that bad... ah who am I kidding...

+bump for solved

9 years ago*

You are alive!!! :D

9 years ago

Yup. You can blame my new(-ish) job for not leaving me time for puzzle solving (or much anything) now.

9 years ago

Yeah I was pretty happy about not owning bad rats, until someone decided to gift it to me and I couldn't refuse. Same thing happened with Temper Tantrum. Didn't really want to support Digital Homicide's "asset flip", but someone thought it was funny to gift it to me, and I wan't going to turn it down. Once I got Bad Rats though, I threw out all ideas on keeping my library "clean". I'll activate anything if it is free. If I don't like it, I just won't play it (or just idle for the cards).

9 years ago

Hop on Steam and accept my friend request. Pretty please.

9 years ago

But what does the translation mean.....

9 years ago

Is it jsut me, or did his steam page just break?

9 years ago

Yeah lol. I thought he had blocked me for a while but since it's you too then I don't think so.

Edit: It's working now.

9 years ago

It just fixed itself again :)

9 years ago

This is really bugging me lol! I thought I had solved it but obviously not quite!

9 years ago

Same here lol

9 years ago

bump

9 years ago

I still don't get it. Why is Bad Rats a bad game? By the way, I don't have it yet.

9 years ago

I have it and I don't think it's all that bad

9 years ago

It's mostly considered bad due to it's older, ugly graphics and outright glitchiness. The physics change at random (a big no-no for physics-based puzzlers), some levels can start with the level already won, and single song that plays over everything.

9 years ago

Oh so it's Day One: Garry's Incident all over again.

9 years ago

Except the developers didn't try issuing copyright strikes and bans against people calling it out AFAIK.

9 years ago

i don't know why, but it's in my library.

9 years ago

You may have escaped Bad Rats but it seems you didn't manage to escape Uriel's Chasm or Gun Monkeys!

9 years ago

Bump for solved

9 years ago

congrats

9 years ago

View attached image.
9 years ago

Wait, what? No. No no no. Oh fuck, no!

View attached image.
9 years ago

View attached image.
9 years ago

Damn, i have a code but i can't find what to do with it...
I'm too rusty in this puzzles ^^

9 years ago

Yeah same here!

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

+2

9 years ago

also nice round number on achievements, congrats

9 years ago

bump for solved

9 years ago

Any little hint? On how to solve it? It's my first puzzle and I don't really know what should I solve or where should I start.

Congrats for the 1k though! :D

9 years ago

Ok I think I'm halfway through... But still don't really have the solution. I'll keep working on it, hopefully I'll get it! Thanks for the giveaway though :)

9 years ago

Where the hack is that witcher 2

9 years ago

Congrats and bump!

9 years ago

I got my copy of Bad Rats from an online auction site. Damned if I can remember which one. I only glanced around there because a friend got me to sign up for it. Anyway, it offered "Steam game less than $5" or something to that effect. I had a hunch it was Bad Rats, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to bid on it, on the chance it wasn't (I didn't spend actual money, thank goodness :P).

As it turned out, I won the auction, the game was Bad Rats, and... here we are. Also, I pretty much stopped going to that site after that. Although that's mostly due to the fact that I haven't been online much for the better part of a year (mostly due to the fact that I have no internet at home, and I've been stuck paying back college debt since then, preventing me from going back)

For those of you who stuck around to read this rambling tale, you deserve a treat. Here you go.

9 years ago*

So, yeah, I now own Bad Rats. I don't know what I was expecting making a puzzle with such a theme, knowing the trolling nature of the internet. I guess I played with fire. I should have called it "Please don't gift me GTA V" or something. :D

As of right now the giveaway was found by at least 10 people (based on the amount of comments) and has 9 entries. So there won't be any more hints. If you haven't found the giveaway, you still have a couple of days. Good luck!

9 years ago

One day left. There are still 9 entries.

9 years ago

Yeah, hint made it really easier, still I'm stuck 'cause have no idea what to do now ='(
Still, thank you and congratulations!

9 years ago

bump for solved.
Took me 4 days but, Yeah! Worth it.

9 years ago

I had this topic in my bookmarks beacause i had to leave home for few days and wanted to make this puzzle really badly when i get back...
and I did it!
bump 4 solved ;)

9 years ago

Congrats to all who found the giveaway. There were 14 entries.

This puzzle giveaway was fun for me. I hope you enjoyed it as well. I read interesting stories about people getting Bad Rats. I also learned that the majority of Steamgift users doesn't own Bad Rats (which I didn't expect). Thanks to RdMizudori I reached 1000 games. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Sure, my 1000th game was Bad Rats, but I think it's still better than this. All in all, it was a fun experience and I will make another, more complicated puzzle when I get the time. Until then, seeing that a lot of you didn't experience the epiphany of owning something of such awesomeness, you can enter here.

9 years ago

Could we know how we should've found it? I've put a few hours into trying to find it, but only got so far...

9 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.