Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The Revenant (2015)

American action drama film. I don't want to spoil anything so I won't write anything about the story itself but the performances are great. But with a cast like this (Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy, Will Poulter, Domhnall Gleeson and more) I didn't expect anything less. I'm not surprised it won 3 Oscars. It IS an action movie but it's not all-out action all the time. I found it was a good mix of fast paced action and other slower paced stuff. So overall I can honestly say it's a great movie. Highly recommended!

1 year ago

The Green Knight (2021)

American-Canadian medieval fantasy film. Rewatched this one yesterday. Still very good for what it is.

1 year ago

C'mon C'mon (2021)

American drama film. It's kind of beautiful in a way. It's about Johnny, a radio journalist who's working on a project where he interviews children and teenagers about their lives and thoughts about the future. Due to some stuff he has to watch Jesse, his sister's son, his nephew, while she's away. They quickly forge a bond as they get to know each other. Very authentic performances from everyone involved. I'm especially surprised by Woody Norman, the child actor, who was like 10 when this was shot. Overall I can definitely highly recommend this!

1 year ago

Saw 'The Super Mario Bros. Movie' and 'Renfield' back to back on the cinema, had a good time during both.
SMBs best character is no doubt Lumalee, and the soundtrack and easter eggs made me smile.
Renfield was so much dumb fun, loved the gory bits.

1 year ago

What a double feature. :D

1 year ago

About Schmidt (2002)

American comedy-drama film. I thought I had watched it since it came out but as it turns out, I didn't. Great performances, especially by Jack Nicholson. Very slice-of-life. Overall a very good movie. Can recommend!

1 year ago

My Fair Lady (1964)

American musical comedy-drama film. Lower class people are stupid, lazy and worthless and only if you speak "proper" english you're a good person. Women are bad in general and they should just be more like men. All those emotions... who wants that? That is what this movie is about. Yes, it's also about linguistics, which is what drew my attention to it in the first place. But if it's used to make yourself feels superior to others, that's kinda lame. Sure, the performances were good, as were the songs. But I don't really care for this movie. Truth be told, I much prefer the Simpsons episode "My Fair Laddy" that's based on this. Of course don't just listen what I have to say. If you want to watch it, you should. It's just that I can't really recommend it.

1 year ago

Evil Dead Rise, quite a fun watch.

1 year ago

Vanishing Point (1971)

American action thriller film. Good cast (Barry Newman, Cleavon Little and more) delivering great performances. It's about a guy who's driving a white 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 Magnum while being chased by the police. Officialy he's driving the car somewhere because he's a car delivery driver, but I feel like he drives to drive, it's very existentialist. Which would also explain the ending; if he was just driving to deliver the car, why would he crash the car and kill himself in the end? Overall it's very entertaining and also a movie that makes you think. If you've ever been driving somewhere and wondered what would happen if you didn't get off at the next exit, or in fact if you never got off at all, this is definitely a movie for you! Highly recommended!

1 year ago

Vanishing Point (1997)

American action drama film. It's pretty much the same movie as the original, just set later. For example in the 1971 version our main character was a Vietnam War veteran, here he's a Gulf War veteran. Well, at least it's still the same make and model car. Both use a white 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T. What's missing on the other hand is that whole existentialism stuff. In this one the guy doesn't drive to drive, he drives to get home to his wife whose pregnancy has taken a turn for the worse. And this certainty, this "here's the whole plot" mentality where everything everyone does needs to be explained, also makes this a worse movie than the original. It's not bad and if you want to watch a simple action drama this one's more for you than the original, but I gotta say, I liked the old one better.

1 year ago

The Tell-Tale Heart (1953)

American animated psychological horror short film. I mean we all know the story, so I don't need to talk about that. The animation is very surrealistic, the narration by James Mason is amazing. The only problem it has is that it's too fast paced. The short is only 7 minutes long. All that eerie atmosphere just doesn't have enough time to unfold. You let it grab you, captivate you, but then just like that it's already over. Definitely would've benefitted from a longer runtime and a slower pace. Still good, just not as great as it could've been.

1 year ago

The Indian in the Cupboard (1995)

American family fantasy film. Apart from the amazing visual effects it's just a heartwarming little family movie about a boy and his magic cupboard. I wish I would've seen it back when I was a kid, probably would've appreciated it even more. But still, this is a very good movie for what it is, can definitely recommend!

1 year ago

Tenet (2020), watched yesterday.
Good sci-fi action with quite a few mistakes, but loved the whole inverted entropy thing, much more enjoyable than general time travel approaches.

1 year ago

Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 (2023) Watched in IMAX yesterday!

Great conclusion to the trilogy and opens up many possibilities in the future.

1 year ago

I've watched Cocaine Bear yesterday, but it wasn't as much fun as I've thought.

1 year ago

yeah I see how it could be overhyped up.

1 year ago

The more hyped the movie the worse it is, Haven't you figured that out yet?

1 year ago

I didn't know this movie until yesterday and haven't heard of it before.
Either the movie isn't really known in Germany or I'm just good at avoiding hypes :DD

1 year ago

Super Mario was more hyped than Cocaine Bear, Super Mario better film than Cocaine Bear. Into the Spiderverse and No Way Home more hyped up than any of these films, must mean that they were worse than both Super Mario and Cocaine Bear /s

1 year ago

same, I watched some time ago it was so lame I was just skipping through

1 year ago

1 decade ago O_O
I just watched "A Boy Who Harnessed The Wind", it was good, I recommend /o

1 year ago

1 decade ago O_O

Oh now I see. Damn, time flies!

1 year ago

The Last Mercenary (2021)

French action comedy film. Rewatched this yesterday. Still very entertaining. Can recommend.

The Pilgrim (1923)

American silent comedy western film. Very entertaining 47-minute movie (so barely a feature, considering the cutoff is at 45 minutes) where Charlie Chaplin plays an escaped convict that pretends to be a parson. Lots of funny gags, especially a sermon about David and Goliath that our main character is doing at church. There's of course no dialogue, not even intertitles but if you've ever read that story you'll know exactly what he's doing. It's very well performed. Overall I can definitely recommend this one, even though it might not be Chaplin's best.

1 year ago*

Cocaine Bear (2023)

American horror comedy film. So entertaining! Very good cast (Ray Liotta, Keri Russell, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Alden Ehrenreich, Scott Seiss, O'Shea Jackson Jr., Kristofer Hivju, Margo Martindale, Brooklynn Prince, Matthew Rhys, Isiah Whitlock Jr. and more) delivering good performances. It's based on real events but of course with a lot of embellishment. So if you just wanna watch a crazy, out-there movie, this is the one for you. Definitely recommended!

1 year ago

Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)

American fantasy comedy mystery film. What a groundbreaking movie this was, combining live action and animation like that. Great cast too, and that includes all the iconic animated characters they used with permission from the respective studios. Overall still a great movie, even 35 years later. Highly recommended!

1 year ago

Classic. You should read the book too.

1 year ago

I've heard that there are a few books in that franchise. Really gonna have to check them out at some point.

1 year ago

Renfield (2023)

American comedy horror film. Very entertaining! Good cast (Nicolas Cage, Nicholas Hoult, Awkwafina, Ben Schwartz, Shohreh Aghdashloo and more) in a movie that's overall pretty over-the-top but so much fun. They even recreated some scenes from Dracula (1931) with Nicolas Cage and Nicholas Hoult. Sure, it's not a masterpiece but it doesn't try to be. Overall I can absolutely recommend this if you're just looking for a good time.

1 year ago

Strange World (2022)

American computer-animated science-fiction adventure film. Good cast (Jake Gyllenhaal, Gabrielle Union, Jaboukie Young-White, Lucy Liu, Dennis Quaid and more) in a movie that tried to explore some original sci-fi concepts like a hidden world beneath the earth and a mysterious plant that powers their civilization. They also delivered an environmentalist message about the importance of preserving nature and respecting other life forms. It didn't really go very deep into any of these things, though and didn’t quite live up to its potential. Overall I can recommend this if you’re looking for a fun adventure with a positive message, but don’t expect too much.

1 year ago

Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 (2023)

Very entertaining and prefect conclusion for the trilogy. Great character arcs for all the guardians!

1 year ago

Seven Samurai (1954)

Japanese epic samurai drama film. It's my 30th birthday today and on my birthdays I'm always trying to watch something I'm sure I'll love. And because I'm already a big fan of Kurosawa I decided to save this one for this special birthday. It was just excellent. It's definitely not Kurosawa's only masterpiece but probably his greatest. Highly recommended!

1 year ago

The Portable Door (2023)

Australian fantasy adventure comedy film. It's about a young, unemployed guy who woke up too late for his interview. Through a series of coincidences he stumbles upon another interview but he has no idea what job it's for. Then quickly finds himself working for what can only be described as a "coincidence maker agency". But things are not as they seem. Good cast (Patrick Gibson, Sophie Wilde, Christoph Waltz, Sam Neill, Miranda Otto and more) in a fun fantasy movie. Can recommend.

1 year ago

Yesterday (2019)

British romantic comedy film. Rewatched this yesterday and it's still very good. Can recommend.

1 year ago

Automania 2000 (1963)

British animated short film. We're in the distant future of the year 2000. Thanks to limitless cheap power everything's highly automated. Fish are sucked up by robots and then made into pills for easy consuming. Everyone wants bigger and longer cars. People want more cars. Really cool art style. Definitely satirizing mass consumerism. Very good short. Can recommend!

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.