lYL3U

So on scale of 0 to 10 how disappointed were you with Steam Summer Sale 2024?

And of course I have to post this before the sale... Free feel to reply also after sale started ;D

2 days ago

Comment has been collapsed.

so far a 10(not because it hasn't started yet or anything)
now that its started... I'm happy, something I planned on buying got a new historic low so I still have a little steam wallet leftover!

might edit after sale starts

2 days ago*

What game did you mean by this?

1 day ago

Atri

1 day ago

I'm already pre-disappointed because we're not getting any cool free stuff beyond stickers, there are no pricing errors, the major releases don't have any good discounts, and Valve's special event sucks.

Let's see how well my predictions pan out for this year.

2 days ago

I'm hoping to get a LED Steam Deck on sale, I think I saw on steamdb the historical low has been 20%. But putting the LCD Deck on sale earlier and at 15% has me wondering if the other Decks will go to 20% off or at all.

Likely wouldn't buy any games anyway, cause backlog, but we'll see what happens!

2 days ago

I mean you can get the LCD deck at 20% certified refrubished direct from Valve (if it's in-stock). I think your historical low % is inaccurate for two reasons. I believe the 64 GB LCD was only 10% and the 512 GB LCD was 20% off. This is their first sale since having their price dropped permanently so you shouldn't expect the same % discount, even moreso on a physical good.

Double check my facts since I'm going off mostly memory.

2 days ago

Hm, maybe the stats were buggy or I looked at the wrong thing. It’s not like each version of the Deck has its own page. I’m looking at the 1TB LED at either rate. I’m getting a major surgery later this year and won’t be able to sit at my desk for a while, so the Deck will be great. Hopefully at a discount!

2 days ago

Wait, sorry, what is "LED" to you, I thought it was a typo for LCD. If you're forgetting the O in OLED, put it back lol. Adding a m.2 SSD is pretty easy and straight forward for both the LCD and OLED models (just take out the microsd!) so you can always go cheap with the 64. An anti-glare screen protector imo does a better job at both protecting the screen and doing anti-glare vs the anti-glare coating on the expensive Steam Decks, especially since the anti-glare coating is somewhat fragile.

Also just checked steamdb, I believe they all have their own separate price history.

2 days ago

I did mean OLED, sorry. I guess I'll find out in a couple minutes!

I'll have to look into adding the m2, I was looking to get a microsd and expand that way, but I expect it to be a while before I fill up the initial space. But hey, if its easy and is a faster drive...

2 days ago

no discount :(

2 days ago

Sad but also not totally unexpected, with the LCD going on sale last week. I'm not in a huge huge rush, if it goes on sale between now and my surgery, cool. If not, I'll just pick it up a couple weeks ahead of time.

2 days ago

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Steam+Deck+OLED+SSD+Replacement/168255

Steam made some improvements on the OLED I believe to make getting to the SSD easier than the original LCD model. Looking at it again, it may not be as easy as I thought since I'm pretty confident in my repairing ability so definitely take a look, decide if you're confident to do it yourself, and you can save some dough.

2 days ago

I appreciate the link, thank you!

2 days ago

One can always hope. For me, the Deck was a great purchase. I'm not using it much ATM, but I almost exclusively used it from the point where my preorder was fulfilled until a couple months ago.

2 days ago

I’ve heard only good things, really. It’ll be great for travel and for when I’m bedridden later this year. I’m sure I won’t use it daily, but I definitely think I’ll get my moneys worth

2 days ago

As a mom, who is constantly pulled away from gaming every 5 minutes, the Deck is fantastic. The power button is exceptionally consistent in pausing and resuming pretty much everything. I finally get to tackle my Steam backlog! (I have the upper tier LCD one with matte screen. Super handy for playing while waiting for school to let out. Highly recommend 10 Second Ninja X for the teensiest gaming times, if you like short platforming challenges.)

2 days ago

As a mom, who is constantly pulled away from gaming every 5 minutes, the Deck is fantastic

I feel SO much empathy for you. You just described my life :D I should probably get a Deck one day.

2 days ago

We also have a Nintendo Switch, which is great, but is always in high use. The Deck was a personal birthday present, and as such I get priority on it. Plus I can library share anything really interesting and just turn off Wi-Fi so we both can play. And we do co-op games on it, sometimes on the big screen. Battery is good enough for most game sessions to not even need a dock while on the TV, and I just plug it straight to the TV and charge after we're done.

Would recommend to any beleaguered gamer parents.

2 days ago

That's a really good advice, and I fully meet the criterion beleaguered

Thank you very much

2 days ago

While hope dies last, I expect no discounts on other Decks. Guess we'll see in around 30 minutes.

2 days ago

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity

2 days ago

Summer sale is pretty hot, so 9/10 (get it? because summers are hot)

2 days ago

Pretty good, have yet to see a sale i didn't like!

2 days ago

Steam = hot air
Summer = hot
so Steam + Summer = extra hot like sauna

2 days ago

0/10
It says it starts today, it's today where i live and still no sales...

2 days ago

starts in a little over 1.5hrs from now

2 days ago

10/10 i don't like summer!

2 days ago

11/10 look forward to the event not working for the first 2 days

2 days ago

bring back steam mini games that let us win free games, also bring back flash sales

2 days ago

the only deal is pricing error,

i dont think i have seen any actual deal that isn't
1- available out of the summer sale almost on monthly basis
2- cheaper on 3rd party websites.

so i think everyone is just waiting for pricing errors now or games that will be delisted soon.

2 days ago

I think the good ol' pricing errors doesn't happen anymore.

2 days ago

I like 😎👍

2 days ago

I just saw Saliens skins in my steam inventory so I feel I'm totally not disappointed!

2 days ago

I really like the fact that Summer Sale on Steam is 61% off for me https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/12726/SUMMER_SALE/

2 days ago*

lol

I own more of those games than I would have thought. And IIRC, a lot of those were free at one point while Amazon Underground was still a thing. Definitely played a couple of those games on my Kindle Fire.

2 days ago

Instabuy !

2 days ago

Ha, I get 67%off - but I don't want the ones still available. I dislike match 3 games (probably because I suck at them) and the strategy ones don't appeal. Have siphoned off the hogs already :)

1 day ago

Where are the flash sales and the 5$ coupon ?

2 days ago

In 2011

2 days ago

0/10 satisfaction, but on Bandai, because they decided to start their own summer sale BEFORE Steam's, and it ends THE MOMMENT the Steam Sale starts.
Wich sucks...I had plans to adquire one game in particular from them but I wanted to compare other offers; it is "manipulation" to try to force you to buy their games without competition or before the competition shows up...and if you do not, you miss out on them during the real sale..

2 days ago*

Which game? I meant to ask before but forgot.

2 days ago

"Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions - Ultimate Edition".
Since I added this game to my wishlist, I had notice they never put all editions on sale, they put the ones more likely to sell (base or the one with everything), and AS SOON as those end, they put the "Deluxe" on sale.

Its crazy how darn offten I get emails for this game by how much they spam the sales of each and every edittion individually at different times...

2 days ago

That is pretty wild. Well, hopefully they extend their sale and with the proper edition.

2 days ago

I appreciate it mate, but I'm expecting the Deluxe to be the one on the main sale, wich is pretty much a waste imo.
At this point I think I'm gonna pass on the game for this summer because I do want to see what other deals will be here; and the more Bandai keeps doing their own thing, the more I feel like I shouldn't "reward" them for this practice in this particular title.

2 days ago

Somehow, your prayers worked, and idk how...but Bandai managed to put that edittion I want for sale, during the summer sale aswell. Effectively, will be having this sale for 4 whole weeks....

2 days ago

Super cool!

2 days ago

They used the exception in the rules. Usually 30 days countdown between sales, but not before the big seasonal sales. Max duration of a sale is two weeks. So in the end actually user friendly ... on the other side they haven't discounted Project Cars 3 for years (finally there is a sale now again, but only at Humble).

2 days ago

While it can be seen as user friendly; it really felt very manipulative being forced to choose between the game and miss out on the major sale; or miss out on the game for the oportunity to judge the other deals BUT that game. But that's an interesting loophole for it, I am taking my time to check what else is on sale but Im most likely going to buy Captain Tsubasa myself.

Tho Project Cars 3 not getting a sale on Steam, is quiet odd; gives the impression they abandon it (even updating its price for sales and such).

2 days ago

Summer sale at the end of summer season :)

2 days ago

I don't know about the weather at your place, but most of the northern hemisphere has at least two months of summer heat to look forward to. (Sadly)

2 days ago

it has started to rain here in my location, so there will be 1 more month, most likely for summer to end.

2 days ago

Nah, it has ended in India. Welcome to the 2 months of monsoon season. Enjoy your potholes and your pakodas :)

2 days ago

I agree, but the heat wave will last for 1 more month, as it's raining in my place but even though the temperature are not soothing.

1 day ago

I miss the prize ticket events with in-game rewards like summer shades for tf2. Fuck the stickers. They look awful.

2 days ago

Very disappointed, none of the games on my wishlist are on sale.

2 days ago

As of now, I would say it's a 5/10 for me. I expect the disappointment to be through the roof once the sale starts. :D Actually... nah, I'm fairly certain I'll have the very same reaction I had last year (aka "meh") as discounts will probably be on par with what they were in 2023, so there most likely won't be any real pleasant surprise. It's ok though, I already have one hell of a backlog.

That being said, I'm probably going to pick up Wolcen if it goes for 90% off...

2 days ago

What Nudi said.

2 days ago

Considering that right now I only see 3 non-owned non-"Steam is learning" non-"Profile Features Limited" that cost less than 1€ on https://steamdb.info/sales I'm really hoping that more of them will appear once the sale starts. I also have 110+ sets of event cards ready for crafting and hope to get to at least badge level 125.

Edit: All right, now that number of games is over 300.

2 days ago*

I'm going for 7... Sale is as mediocre as my disappointment...

2 days ago

GTA5 at 15€ instead of 10, again.
I'll buy other stuff, there are plenty of good sales this time.

2 days ago

god damn

2 days ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.