title says it all.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Do not worry you're not the only one, I've not been able to win yet.

1 decade ago

I have the opposite problem, I can't stop winning.
http://i.imgur.com/YqQNfeG.png

1 decade ago

You lucky bastard.

1 decade ago

You people don't realize the most important thing of this site, it's RANDOM UNKNOWN PEOPLE gifting FREE GAMES. You don't win?? Who cares, it's free, eventually you will get a gift. I have entered over 8k giveaways and I have 17 wins, I've seen people with like 200 entries and 30 wins, it's random.
You should be thankful that this site exists instead of whining "OMGHIHAVELOTSOFENTRIESINEVERWINSITESUCKSREPORTTEEMO"

1 decade ago

Look, no matter how much you have, you want more (Not you literally :p). I saw people talking shit about the way user is giving away his games to random strangers. It's so stupid.

1 decade ago

Yeah, sucks having to deal with idiots on the internet. But, I've been registered here for over a year, and I never opened a single post bitching about how I didn't win, but of course I join every giveaway I'm interested in, that's part of the human nature, earning more and more stuff

1 decade ago

I've entered all kinds of giveaways on here - have yet to win one.
Do the losses deter me?

Not for one second. Don't complain about not winning anything - just enter and good luck.
I'll win one these days, as will everyone else. You day will come. Don't rush it, and don't give up.

1 decade ago

how about the site manages people who already won something and gives them less chance. For example lets say someone has 100 entries and 1 win,thats a win rate of..1.00 ( dont fully understand the system yet) so lets say you get 50% chance of winning,every one who has entries on that giveaway has 50%. The people with the win rate of 1 will have 49% while the people with 1000 enterys and no win will have 80% or more. This doesnt mean that someone who already won something dosent have any chances to win,but it gives more chances to someone who didnt won anything. Or this is managed by the same pricible or random.org,witch is more likley and..well thats luck. OR IS IT?!:O
bad english? well..sorry bout that

1 decade ago

How about someone with 10 entries, no giveaways, and 2 comments stops thinking he understands perfectly well what this site needs.

1 decade ago

what an awesome idea! punish old and experienced contributors, by giving them a smaller chance to win - it will surely encourage them to make more GAs for community!

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 months ago.

1 decade ago

From your profile it can be seen that you haven't purchased the SteamGifts Gold membership. By paying a small fee of $5 a month, you are guaranteed to win at least 1 game for every 200 entered. Since I started paying 5 months ago, I've won well over 10 games!

I can't recommend it enough. You can purchase SteamGifts Gold here.

1 decade ago

The Gold Membership joke is forbidden in SG forums. You'll want to fix that.

1 decade ago

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha thanks man you mayd my day

1 decade ago

On what right do you really have to complain, sure, it may take awhile, and though I've won 20, I've seen people with more or less of the same number of entries, who have won over an 100, but doesn't mean you complain about it, it might suck, but just keep entering games you like.

Sooner or later, you'll eventually win, right? :P

1 decade ago

What's the point of anything, ever?

1 decade ago

The point of this website is to teach the average user the lesson of patience.
That and to never give up. So don't and you'll win something eventually.

1 decade ago

Also, probability. 1075 entries = 0.93 estimated wins = a slightly above 50% chance of not winning anything (since your estimated wins represent the sum of all your average victory chances, you have precisely a 50% chance of winning more, and a 50% chance of winning less.)

1 decade ago

Oh, so that's why they never give up creating CV threads...

1 decade ago

A month ago i pretty much had same feeling, but then i won 4 public giveaways almost in a row.

1 decade ago

People think that entering 1000, 1/1000 chance giveaways you will win one...

1 decade ago

People have a very bad understanding of how probability works.

1 decade ago

But the chance goes up to 105 % after not winning a thousand times, does it not? I am so confused

1 decade ago

Since I have nothing else to do I can try to explain. Say if you have a coin and you flip it three times, the chance of not getting a single head is 1/2 1/2 1/2 right? If you've played TF2 then you might be familiar with their chests that have a 1% chance for an unusual. So would opening 100 chests guarantee you an unusual? The probability can be calculated in the same way, the chance of no unusual is 99/100 * 99/100 .... 100 times. This makes it about a 37% chance to not win anything.

1 decade ago

I don't know how much more of an obvious troll my post could have been, but at least your answer was correct...

1 decade ago

Probability does not "reset" itself after each time. However, the probability of losing does decrease if you look only at the entire set. Let's consider tossing a coin. The first time you have a fifty/fifty chance of getting heads. Second toss is also fifty/fifty, however the chance of getting another head in the set is only 0.25 (0.5)^2. The third time you flip the coin you have a 0.125 chance.

Taking it to it's logical conclusion, (1/1000)^1000 == 0. Entering 1,000 giveaways means you logically should have a 100% chance of not losing.

And here we have what appears to be a paradox - because after 1000 entries into giveaways, you still only have a 1/1000 chance of winning each individual one. The coin (or giveaway mechanism) doesn't care about it's history. It has no memory.

1 decade ago

Since you didn't understand my impersonation and tried to lecture me, let me lecture you instead.

Since entering a giveaway doesn't change the odds of winning the next giveway significantly (unlike for example taking out a red ball from a container with 5 red balls and 5 blue balls changes the chance from 1/2 to 4/9.) the probability is "reset" or more correctly "stays the same". Not winning 100 giveaways doesn't make it more probably for you to win in your next giveaway.

While it is true though, that saying "NOT winning a giveaway when entering a thousand giveaways with a 1/1000 chance" can be calculated to be (999/1000)^1000 = 36.8 %, you still can't say that after loosing 999 giveaways your chance at winning a giveaway is 100-36.8 %. Your chance of winning a giveaway is still 1/1000 and not winning in 1000 giveaways with 1/1000 chance is still 36.8 %.

Reading up on this and this might be intersting if you consider it to be causing a paradox and haven't had it in school.

I actually did quite enjoy probability calculations back in school

1 decade ago

No, I don't consider it to be a paradox. Nor was I bothered to do the actual math. I will admit that I miswrote, I was torn between typing "Probability does not remember" and "Probability is reset". Good on you for schooling me.

1 decade ago

314 entered - won 7 xD

1 decade ago

Hmm, I wonder why that is..

1 decade ago

lol, I love how some people do call out themselves by accident :> Welcome to BlackList :>

1 decade ago

3x Company of Dwarves and 3x Smaug's Treasure? welcome to BanHammer... :|

1 decade ago

not to mention probable regift of smaug ;p

1 decade ago

7221 Entries, 270 Wins - you're clearly doing something wrong here ;)

1 decade ago

You are absolutely right, there is no point.

So take yourself to a park, throw some stones in the pond and let everyone else on the site enjoy their free games.

Keep moving, nothing to see here.

1 decade ago

Ain't that the truth.

1 decade ago

Registered 2 months ago.
My last win was 8 months ago, LOL.

1 decade ago

I do understand the guy, got 1 win in almost 4k entrances with a 5 estimate (took me over a damn year to get something).. Just try and you might get lucky at some point.

1 decade ago

patience

1 decade ago

1,251 entries and no win but I'm not complaining... oh wait.

1 decade ago

lol...gtfo

1 decade ago

Lol, this is the best "I don't win anything" thread ever. XDD

1 decade ago

At least the OP was straight and to the point. P

1 decade ago

Let me see:
I won a dota clone (i hate dotas and in my defense i didnt even know it was a dota clone)
A BETA participation that is not longer valid for a shitty game that costs 20$ now
And the fallout collection (awesome, buy I already beat them all several times)
So cry me a river.
Also, don't go complaining because when you make a giveaway and the winner is drawn, you can request another winner. So don't go being gettint on people's blacklist, ImperialBlaze

1 decade ago

Estimated Wins 0.93

make 0.07 more and you will win a DLC or a soundtrack

1 decade ago

Registered 1 year ago
Giveaways Entered 8,444
Gifts Won 13
you'll win soon enough, can take a long time

1 decade ago