LOL

Some people are just "special" A while back someone was mad because they spent over $100 on games "they didn't want" but bought just so they could get the achievements, so they could potentially win games he wanted.

It's just amazing how the giveaway just turned so ugly. So many people complaining like if they were entitled to something.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

LOL Fixed. :)

1 decade ago

Thanks, have no idea how to properly link. lol

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

Ooh! Thanks. Fixed it.

1 decade ago

what an idiot

1 decade ago

It's the reason Valve turned of the group comments in their official holiday group the latest sale. During summer people kept whining about not winning a 'one in a few million chance' for the grandprize and that it was all a hoax. O_- When I tried explaining that it wasn't because I had received something, I was instantly labeled as 'Valve employee' since i only had 13 objectives lol.

1 decade ago

Steam forums are pitiful user wise...some of the worst forums I have been to.

1 decade ago

He still believes the grand prize went to whoever had the most coal. He's calculating that he only got a 3rd prize only because 51 other users had more coal than him.

1 decade ago

thats what I was about to say, hes so stupid and I'm happy that he's not happy, he's an ungrateful person

1 decade ago

1650 coal is still very low chanse. After all at least 5 milion people had coal or few.

1 decade ago

Valve really should have DQ'ed everyone that abused the system. I would have thought 1650 would have been a red flag for banning or something at least.

1 decade ago

"You've got to be the most pathetic human being I've ever seen . "

Brilliant! The irony is amazing.

1 decade ago

LOL. I was about to post his comment. Who would have guessed that someone would be so bitter, over a giveaway.

1 decade ago

This is ridiculous....how can you complain about winning? He should be glad his account isn't banned for having that much coal.

1 decade ago

His 1,650 coals got him Portal 2 :D
He doesn't explain how he got all the coal though. But i'm pretty sure it was HIB + Steam achievement cheat. I saw 1 user actually paying people for their coal.

1 decade ago

i paid.... ._.

edit : before all morons with alt-accounts ; coals was very good idea crafting/grand prize BUT after i saw a russian with 580 alt account i gave up... i sold %50 that i bought with %25 profit :O

believe me coal was best think i did on steam (until i saw alt-accounts) =)

1 decade ago

sorry but rofl

1 decade ago

Oh jeez why...

1 decade ago

Actually I was quite happy, that there were people around that wanted to pay (in games or whatever). ;)

I had a fun time during the event with all those achievements and got me 2 cool (and wanted) games via trading for the coal. I've entered the final giveaway with 1 coal (and no, didn't win anything - but that didn't matter).

The funny thing is, that I already owned a lot of games for those achievements and got somewhat between 20 and 30 coals on the whole. Let's say he got around 100 coals from his own performance and some good willing friends. He still must have traded games or money worth more than 1400$ to get so much coal (unless it was a HIB abuse).

1 decade ago

I've got 2 games from achievements, and traded my coal for 11 new games, incl. Eve Online, Portal 2, and Dawn of War 2. I had 42 achievements at the end, but only 1 coal left. Did not expect or wait for the finale, got everything I wanted during the event :)

1 decade ago

I wish I had the link, some guy had like 600 some friends, all of which were the same name as him with a different number. was pretty hilarious, no doubt because he used a charity to verify his account like you said :<

1 decade ago

did they do that?

1 decade ago

Thanks for the laugh. Especially loved his post where he called that one dude "the most pathetic" person he's ever seen. XD

1 decade ago

+1, I loled at that too. Considering he's only got what, 3 posts ;P

Probably made a forum account JUST to rage about this!

1 decade ago

Coal story, bro.

1 decade ago

It looks like all he got for Christmas was the coal'ed shoulder. YEAAAAAAA!!

-_o'

1 decade ago

/wrist

1 decade ago

Wow that was bad.

I like it!

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

1 decade ago

rofl

1 decade ago

Pure prick he is.

I would've crafted all that coal into games or coupons and give away the stuff I didn't want to others.

1 decade ago

i sold on tf2 :P

1 decade ago

Amusing.

1 decade ago

I love people who are stupid like this. Don't spend money on stuff you don't want for a chance to get something you do want. Just spend money on what you do want, rather than taking the overcomplicated backwards route.

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

1 decade ago

That, and you could always just send in a postcard for the achievements on games you don't have. It's way cheaper.

1 decade ago

I don't think the postcards worked that way. You still have to complete the achievement. They probably have to give an means way of entering to some bylaw or something.

1 decade ago

Yes, exactly. You don't get the achievement, or technically the coal, but you get the entry. I believe it's a law, at least here in the US. You know how you always hear the phrase, "No purchase necessary," in contests? They would require purchase if they could, but laws were made to prevent that kind of thing. If you checked the specifics of the holiday giveaway (I did), you would have seen the part about being able to send in postcards for entries for every achievement that gave them. That's what I was talking about. That's all. It's still a lot cheaper (and easier) than buying all the games and chasing after the achievements. I didn't bother with it, but if people were desperate enough to buy the games strictly for the achievements, that would've been the way to go.

1 decade ago

I wouldn't say he was stupid. It's just gambling. He shouldn't be whining over his failure though.

1 decade ago

He coal'd of tried harder.

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

i got what he needs right here

1 decade ago

nice

1 decade ago

na, this is what he need

1 decade ago

Lol wambulance

1 decade ago

hahahahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

1 decade ago

that sucks for him, he had to craft, then he could have had more games haha

1 decade ago

I wonder what that guy's reaction when the guy that DID WIN the GRAND PRIZE had only liike 8 coal.

1 decade ago

Few days back I got an email from Valve, I won 3rd prize in the contest :). Of course I already had most Valve games anyways so... :/

1 decade ago

Out of curiousity, did the missing ones get added straight to your account or was it put into your inventory as a gift?

1 decade ago

Straight to account unfortunately. And the only extras I got were HL and HL2

1 decade ago

That's actually a bit disappointing.

I have all the Steam games, but I'd been hoping to win Valve complete as a prize and give it to a friend! Turns out if I'd won it, it would have done NOTHING!!! Good thing I didn't win really :)

1 decade ago

lol.... xD

1 decade ago

1650 coals :O OMG!!!! How he dont have steam ban or disable, FUCKING FARMER!!!

1 decade ago

Hehe

1 decade ago

1650 coals... seems legit.

1 decade ago

I'm glad he didn't will the grand prize.

1 decade ago

I'm still laughing way hard about this.

1 decade ago

this was a hilarious read :D

take that you grinch!

1 decade ago

let this be a lesson to you all! lol

1 decade ago

Don't even think steam is free.

1 decade ago

hm?

1 decade ago

people like that are why we as humanity cant have nice things.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Quemical.