Update 9th February

Our new record is now set to 1711 unique giveaways and over 1840 gifts sent. We didn't even need to have a consolation round since everyone had decent wins. This was probably our best event so far!

Update 29th November

We broke our previous record of 1k giveaways and now have 1028 unique giveaway reservations and 4 weeks to go untill the end of the event!

Update 28th November

Teasing for those interested in future events, we already have over 590 unique giveaway reservations. 500 of them were reserved in less than an hour which sets another record of the highest rate of reservations in any of our past events.

Created 18th November

Hello again community!
Some of you may already know what this thread is for, so if you do please skip the introduction part, but read the rest:

Group Introduction

First of all you should know that this is not a new group, it was first created during Chrismas 2012 and since then we've had six successful events:

The group's stats page can give you a glimpse of that success.

So it is obvious by the repetition pattern, that we operate close and during big Steam Sales. The goal of this group is to gather a certain amount of members that will create unique quality giveaways and share them with the rest. The tricky part is that ALL of those giveaways will end at exactly the same time, regardless of the time zone.

For that to work there are some rules to follow:

• Members must comply to SteamGifts rules.
  • Every member must create at least one primary giveaway.
  • Primary giveaways must not be bundled or exploited games and should at least get 1/5 of the group size in entries.
  • Created giveaways must end at a specific time and date and that is on 1st of January 2016 00:00 UTC. Giveaways should be created at least 48 hours before that time.
  • There should be no giveaways for the same game (so that people can't win the same game twice, but multiple copies cause no problems).
  • Primary giveaways should have no Contribution Value requirement.
  • All giveaways must be region free.

It's simpler than it looks, the hardest part is for me to organize and make sure people follow the rules.

For those that need more details, you should check on the group's profile here.
Also take a look at our FAQ.

How to enter the group

• You must ask for an invitation on this topic, but first read the rest of the bullets.
  • I will not reply to you in this thread nor if you are accepted or rejected. You will either get an invite, or be contacted in person by me.
  • To avoid having untrustworthy people that could ruin the event for others, there is a restriction of level 4 or higher required for me to consider your application, as well as being a member of this site for at least 3 months.
  • Even if you are eligible due to above requirements, you are not granted to enter, those are just a way to avoid random invitation requests.
  • You should NOT add me on Steam to ask an invite.

What you should also know

• If you haven't read the rules don't apply for this group.
  • Like it or not, there are already people that have had a great course through our last events that will be on priority line. People I know personally and that I trust that they will fullfil the requirements of this group will be prioritized too.
  • People that have been in past events, are not automatically reinvited upon their request.
  • The maximum member cap is 70, but this could be lowered if not enough applicants meet the group's standards.
  • The invitation process is an one man's job, so be patient... (probably no invites in the next few hours)

What's the group's timeline

(read this if you get to be a member of this group)

• [Cleaning group phase] All previous members are asked to leave the group. Those who fail to do so are kicked. This is done so that only those re-interested apply here and probably get reinvited.
  • [Recruitment phase I] First there is the recruitment phase where I put up this topic and gather applications and send out invites. Minimum duration 5 days.
  • [Recruitment phase II] When we reach 65 members the last 5 will be picked from a list of 20 remaining applicants by votes of those 65 members.
  • [Reservation phase] A giveaways topic will be created were you can only reserve the giveaway(s) you plan to make, no giveaway creation yet. This phase will probably last at least 1 week and will start before and close to the date of the Steam Sale. For the first 3 days, you will only be able to reserve 1 giveaway. After the first 3 days reservations will be unlimited.
  • [Giveaways creation phase] You can start creating your giveaways ending at that specified time.
  • [No more giveaways phase] 48 hours before the giveaways ending time, the giveaways topic will be locked and I will check if members fullfilled the rules. If needed there will be kicks (hasn't happened so far).
  • [Happy winners phase] Giveaways have ended and most of us feel happy with their wins.

Few last words

Our last event had 60 members and 1017 unique giveaways (average of 17 giveaways per member, which means also an average of 17 wins per member). Everyone won something, but still the unluckiest seven got 1 extra game from their wishlist as "compensation" on behalf of many of our members who donated the amount needed. Everything went smoothly and I will do my best for things to go well again.

tl;dr

This group is not for you

8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I'd love to participate again :3

Also I'll pm you about the tools ;)

8 years ago

+1

Timmaaaaaaeh!

8 years ago

You're already in, silly! Whether you like it or not! :D

8 years ago

I'm just in the group for the tools I code.

Told tragi I will apply like everyone else tho :P

8 years ago

You get my +1 in that case =P
Kinda want to see those tools in action

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

8 years ago

+1 for Timmeah "Toolman" Taylor.

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1, especially for the stats gathering tool! <3

8 years ago

Have to +1 you or I think karma will bite me in the ass since you are the keeper of the records ;-)

8 years ago

I would like to join in this event. :) Already have some gifts in mind.

8 years ago

I would like to join again please. I've been saving up for the last six months for this!

8 years ago

I'll vouch for ya brah, +1 =D

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

+1 for Jago.

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

We need more piranhas in this pool.

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

I'd love to join!
Absolutely adore these kinda big events, they just make you feel so much more intensely that you are part of this awesome community ♥

But honestly, since I'm currently running a story based giveaway event+ I don't think I could give more than 2 good non-bundled games and then some bundled ones, which looking at all the awesome people applying doesn't seem good enough :\

+Kinda roleplayish. Currently on hold until my hand heals, but after that I still expect it to run a few more months. Anyone up to searching for the sign-ups? Allegedly they're hiding around these parts of the internet :D

Edit: I couldn't find if you're planning on doing this additionally to the given time, but having a lead giveaway helps immensely in setting the right end time for other GAs :)

8 years ago*

we don't as we have even better tools for GA making nowadays - like GA script that makes your GA ending on specific predetermined time regardless of your time-zone all with 1-click :>

8 years ago

Whoa, that's awesome!

Is it something that's easy to distribute?
Because for my event it's currently at least 29 giveaways per round and it gets tedious having to set all the times per hand :x

8 years ago

it is easy to distribute - it's a greasemonkey script - all you'd have to change for your event would be changing the date in the code - but as it's made by tragikos I'm not sure if he would like to widely distribute it so you'd have to ask him for permission I think ;)

8 years ago

Ooh, I'll try to hit him up once I get home then.

Thank you so much for the info! hug attack

8 years ago

I'm mutha fukin down yo. Let's get this party started!

View attached image.
8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1 for crazy Rick ;)

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

No, we are not changing damn logo xD but this is amazing :D

8 years ago

Nah, I don't want to change the logo. Just thinking a mascot is in order ;)

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

❤️ +1

8 years ago

Feeling that black sheep love!

View attached image.
8 years ago

BAA and I and everyone else will always love you! you are amazing ;)

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

Do I even qualify lol?

8 years ago

I already saw some events going they all seemed really interesting:) I would like to join you:)

8 years ago

Hey, I've read full rules, never participated in Simultaneous events before, but I would love to join on Christmas 2015 to make some good gibs :-)

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

I'm applying to be a part of this! Last time didn't make it so I hope to be considered this time =)

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

+1 always doing great awesome ga!!

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

Yeah, it's not easy getting past recruitment. All the heavy-hitters come out for these events. P

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

whoops... I've already thrown you my support. Here, I'll throw you a treat, instead. D

8 years ago*

Deleted

8 years ago

Only in my classroom, and I'll send you straight to the office if I catch you doing that. (

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

hello.
you may not know me, but i know your group.
i allready saw two recruitment event of you, but i wasn't sure if i would ask or not.
i probably have no chance to get selected, but this time i will at least try!
so, if you would add me it would be great!

Also its not about the wins. I just like non-public Giveaways :P

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

Your track-record seems to indicate that you're up to the challenge, and Eeev backs you, so I will, too.

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

I missed the last one but would like to apply. Thanks.

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

I will try to contribute several non bundled games :) yes, I'm still in university, but I've received so much kindness and friendship from amazing people here, and this is a great way for me to give away more games!

I'll leave a comment in hopes for an invite to the Xmas 2015 event ! ❤️

Edit 11/20/2015: After careful consideration, I no longer will be able to participate in this event and will withdraw my application. I realize that you must prioritize veterans and friends first, and because I am quite new here, I don't want to take away a spot from this wonderful group to someone who will deserve it more than I do. Thank you for all your support to those who voted for me. I will reconsider joining the event in the future if I am able to. :) ❤️

Edit 11/21/2015: hm... I am encouraged to leave my application open. :) I would be honored to be nominated, but I do hope that the concerns I listed below aren't a huge stressor in actuality!

8 years ago*

+1 for bundling girl <3

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

I can tell! i downloaded the list of games given away in the last even and categorized them by user. i do see a lot of competition, especially from certain people :D

this will def be fun though! I'm brainstorming ideas 8)

8 years ago

You didn't need to do that, it's already done here

8 years ago

That's what I meant my dear. I downloaded that sheet to my laptop and sorted it alphabetically by user :) I saw it in the OP which is how I know about it

8 years ago

Maybe you didn't click that link or I'm not getting what you mean. The sheet I've linked you has all giveaways sorted and grouped by user :P

8 years ago

Oh I know :) but your version is online and read only. So I just downloaded it to an external device, my laptop, so I could play around with it and change the font / format using an offline version

Sorry if I confused you!

8 years ago*

Ok now it's clear. That sorting part had me confused ;)

8 years ago

i'm so sorry D:! Thanks for putting together this event!

8 years ago

+1 always active in the forums!!=>

8 years ago

+1 - one of the most promising SG newbies, totally worthy consideration :>

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

Student isn't joking. The bar starts high, and then everyone keeps raising it.

8 years ago

hehe i downloaded the list of games and categorized them by user. i do see a lot of competition, especially from certain people :D this will be fun! I'm already brainstorming ideas

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1 ❤️

8 years ago

+1 Gotta show Rachel some ❤️. Black sheep gotta stick together ;)

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1 ^~^

8 years ago

I understand your logic and sentiment, but I disagree. I think you should keep your application in and see what the group thinks. For now, it's really up to Tragikos as to whether or not he wants you in the group. When it gets down to the last ten slots or so, assuming your name makes it to the voting stage, then it will be up to the membership as to whether or not they want you in the group.

I think I can speak on behalf of the others when I say we appreciate your generous gesture, but if that is your only reason for withdrawing, then it would be better for you to just let things take their natural course.

8 years ago*

hmmm, thank you for your response! I didn't think anybody would notice me withdrawing my application. I hear about all this competition, and it scares me a little bit. It is fun, friendly competition, but I do hope it's not a stressful one either. D: I thought that most of the slots were taken up already!

I know I wouldn't be able to contribute as much as you or student ... (based on my tally of what you guys gave out in the last event, which is super impressive!), and I wouldn't want to be looked down upon or ridiculed because of my inability to provide as many quality GAs or a large # of GAs as another member ): I also want to do what works for me and my finances, so anything I give away would have to fit within my budget and would most likely not include all AAA games.

Despite that being said, though, it would be a great honor to be nominated :)

8 years ago*

I'd say don't withdraw. Everyone should participate in this kind of event at least once )

8 years ago

If you want to see what a "good showing" looks like, examine Fad's list. Quality over quantity.

P.S. (Don't judge yourself by my standards. I'm competing against people like CherryNukaCola and Steffke---and losing to them.)

8 years ago*

Deleted

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

oh my gosh, i didn't expect such a response from you all! I guess I don't have to make AAA GAs, but quality > quantity. I'm good at researching and finding things, so hopefully that will come in handy.

But I can assure people that I am not a leech >< of course, winning is one thing, but I would much prefer to give away games and see the reactions of the winners

thank you so much for your response. I appreciate it. I'm tight on money due to being a student, but I think I can pull together some good games to Give away.

OH SO THAT WAS A COMPETITION between you ad steffke ! XD haha I was like .. wow! so many GAs! but you are very impressive as it is, no matter how many games you give :)

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Can you translate this in real money,please ? How much money have you spent on it ?

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Sounds more like a fight rather than a competition and a CAPS Lock problem ?

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Okay, but I'm still a little scared :-\

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

This will definitely blow up my wallet but I'll try it :-)

8 years ago

As Khalaq said there is no prioritizing friends at all. It's not a popularity contest. My first event was this last summer, no one really knew me but I was voted in. I was very glad I was able to get in too as it's one of the best events I've been a part of. It's definitely something that if you have the opportunity to participate in you should.

8 years ago

thank you for your response! It does seem fun, yet a bit stressful. As I said to Khalaq, I wouldn't want to be looked down upon or ridiculed because of my inability to provide as many quality GAs or a large # of GAs as another member. You are all amazing people, and I don't want to become .. I guess the bad puppy of the group. I also want to do what works for me and my finances, so anything I give away would have to fit within my budget and would most likely not include all AAA games.

That being said, though, it would be a great honor to be nominated :)

8 years ago*

I would love to participate again

View attached image.
8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1 :3

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

+1 for pile of fox

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

❤️ +1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

View attached image.
8 years ago

This sounds like a great event:) Im fairly new to steamgifts(joined August) so i dont expect to get an invite.
But i checked your group and sounds like a good place and i just wanted to wish you all a good and funny event and in general just a great time:) And thank you tragikos for the idea and work of running this event already since 2013.
Wish you all nice day:)

8 years ago

Count Mr. President in!

View attached image.
8 years ago*

View attached image.
8 years ago

+1 we need autistic people

8 years ago

+1 before he comes to visit me while I sleep.

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

:/

Good luck with the group!:)

8 years ago

We meet again Toaster, we meet again stares

-.-

8 years ago

using the fact toast is too busy staring, takes a bite and runs aways

8 years ago

But that hurts

View attached image.
8 years ago

just end your retirement already, would you? ;p we miss you :(

8 years ago

I just fucked up last winter event, no idea if I can join again. Better I don't!

8 years ago

Another one with no Toaster? I am very sad. (

8 years ago

I just fucked up last winter event, no idea if I can join again. Better I don't!

8 years ago

No, it's better if you prepare ahead of time and then come back in with style! D

If not this one, then hope to see you in the next one.

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

+1 Please please please invite the budgie :)

8 years ago

lick

8 years ago

+1 we need more animals

8 years ago

+1 for the sexybudgie!!

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1 Sexy sells!

8 years ago

❤️ +1

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Spider_owl.gif :p

+1 ^~^

8 years ago

OK! I can do this and can I gib a game by key?
IF can just add me in!

8 years ago

you're rather expected to do a little more than just one primary GA - at least it's what all the other members usually do.

It doesn't matter if the game is key or gift - as long as it's non-bundled and non-exploited thou.

8 years ago

OK! Thx

8 years ago

To be more specific, most of the people in these events usually give 1-3 "big ticket" games, add some really nice "mid-priced" games, and then fill in their lists with the hottest bundled titles they can get their hands on. The average number of games given, last time, was seventeen.

8 years ago*

Now I know what I need to aim for!

8 years ago

I'd like to be there again!

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1 spam

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Wish i could join but I'm at lvl 3 because I'm back to this site. And my wallet could be ready for a thing like that :C

However, Have fun guys with it! The idea sounds great!

8 years ago

This events were always fun, i would love to join the hype train again (4th time i guess?). :)

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

How hard it has been to get required number of entries in previous events? 14 shouldn't be that hard to gather but looking at the applicants, many have very large libraries.

8 years ago

There are several tabs at our spreadsheet that can give you the answer. This one might be more to the point, but feel free to check other tabs like the stats.

8 years ago

Thanks for the data. Kept looking through SG's info but it is bit hard to that way. Around half of the games fall below that line. I guess it shouldn't be that hard to find one title that gathers enough entries. If one creates multiple giveaways, is it enough that one of them meets the required threshold or does one have to specify beforehand which giveaway is the primary one?

8 years ago

Well the first 3 days of the reservation phase you are supposed to reserve your primary giveaway, which is the one you think will get the most entries. It has happened before though, that giveaways reserved much later on get more entries thus are more successful than the one considered primary.

tl;dr only one of your giveaways needs to meet the primary giveaway requirements, no need to state who that would be. You can have as many giveaways created as you want and even all of them might meet those requirements. If you have none that meets the requirements 48h before the giveaways end, you will be kicked from the group (which has never happened before).

I assure you though that with that many games on Steam there is always a game that interests even the biggest library collectors.

8 years ago

Got what I was looking for. Thanks for the answers.

8 years ago

Your first one is effectively the one you'll designate at primary. The reservations go very fast after the initial three-day waiting period, so if you don't reserve a good one to start, it (and many other titles) will be gone quickly.

8 years ago

So one is to expect a bloody battle who gets to give gifts?

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Better have fast hands then.

View attached image.
8 years ago

Planning is helpful.

8 years ago

well - just to give you an idea what kind of bloodbath the reservation phase is - last summer, when 3 day limit passed (akayou were able to reserve as many GAs as you want) 600 games got reserved just in first 12 hours... ;)

8 years ago

That starts to border a significant portion of the games in Steam alltogether.

View attached image.
8 years ago

+1 for great user!!

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

I´ll try my luck and apply for a spot

8 years ago