Update 26th July

Our new record is now set to 1743 unique giveaways and over 1840 gifts sent. We didn't even need to have a consolation round since everyone had decent wins. This was probably our best event so far!

Update 28th November

Teasing for those interested in future events, we already have over 1200 unique giveaway reservations. Most of them (about 800) were reserved in the first hour of reservations.

Created 18th November

Hello again community!
Some of you may already know what this thread is for, so if you do please skip the introduction part, but read the rest:

Group Introduction

First of all you should know that this is not a new group, it was first created during Chrismas 2012 and since then we've had seven successful events:

The group's stats page can give you a glimpse of that success.

So it is obvious by the repetition pattern, that we operate close and during big Steam Sales. The goal of this group is to gather a certain amount of members that will create unique quality giveaways and share them with the rest. The tricky part is that ALL of those giveaways will end at exactly the same time, regardless of the time zone.

For that to work there are some rules to follow:

• Members must comply to SteamGifts rules.
  • Every member must create at least one primary giveaway.
  • Primary giveaways must not be bundled or exploited games and should at least get 1/5 of the group size in entries.
  • Created giveaways must end at a specific time and date and that is on 9th of July 2016 00:00 UTC. Giveaways should be created at least 48 hours before that time.
  • There should be no giveaways for the same game (so that people can't win the same game twice, but multiple copies cause no problems).
  • Primary giveaways should have no Contribution Value requirement.
  • All giveaways must be region free.

It's simpler than it looks, the hardest part is for me and the mods to organize and make sure people follow the rules.

For those that need more details, you should check on the group's profile here.
Also take a look at our FAQ.

How to enter the group

• You must ask for an invitation on this topic, but first read the rest of the bullets.
  • I will not reply to you in this thread nor if you are accepted or rejected. You will either get an invite, or be contacted in person by me.
  • To avoid having untrustworthy people that could ruin the event for others, there is a restriction of level 4 or higher required for me to consider your application, as well as being a member of this site for at least 3 months.
  • Even if you are eligible due to above requirements, you are not guaranteed an entry, those are just a way to avoid random invitation requests.
  • You should NOT add me on Steam to ask an invite.

What you should also know

• If you haven't read the rules don't apply for this group.
  • Like it or not, there are already people that have had a great course through our last events that will be on priority line. People I know personally and that I trust that they will fullfil the requirements of this group will be prioritized too.
  • People that have been in past events, are not automatically reinvited upon their request.
  • The maximum member cap is 70, but this could be lowered if not enough applicants meet the group's standards.
  • The invitation process is an one man's job, so be patient... (probably no invites until tomorrow)

What's the group's timeline

(read this if you get to be a member of this group)

This time around I created Steam group calendar events but the general idea is as follows:

• [Cleaning group phase] All previous members are asked to leave the group. Those who fail to do so are kicked. This is done so that only those re-interested apply here and probably get reinvited.
  • [Recruitment phase I] First there is the recruitement phase where I put up a forum topic and gather applications and send out invites. Minimum duration a week.
  • [Recruitment phase II] When we reach 65 members the last 5 will be picked from a list of 20 remaining applicants by votes of those 65 members.
  • [Reservation phase I] A giveaways topic will be created were you can only reserve one giveaway you plan to make. This phase lasts for 72 hours.
  • [Reservation phase II] You are now allowed to reserve as many giveaways as you want.
  • [Giveaways creation phase] You can start creating your giveaways ending at the specified time. This phase probably overlaps with previous two.
  • [No more giveaways phase] 48 hours before the giveaways ending time, the giveaways topic will be locked and I will check if members fullfilled the rules. If needed there will be kicks (hasn't happened so far).
  • [Happy winners phase] Giveaways have ended and most of us feel happy with their wins.

Few last words

Our last event had 70 members and 1711 unique giveaways (average of 24 giveaways per member, which means also an average of 24 wins per member). Everyone who entered at least one giveaway won something, but still the unluckiest eight got 1 extra game from their wishlist as "consolation" on behalf of many of our members who donated the amount needed. Almost everything went smoothly and I will do my best for things to go even better.

tl;dr

This group is not for you

8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

It would be a real pleasure to join this group, I hope you take my application in consideration!

8 years ago

Well... if you are still recruiting, I would like to join the fun, too. :)

8 years ago

+1 again :)

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

8 years ago

+156 than lolz :)

8 years ago

Oh damn, how did I miss this thread going up? I'd love to participate again if you'll have me.

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

8 years ago

I finally found out what tl;dr means lol

8 years ago

I find this comment funny!

8 years ago

my internet skills are improving

8 years ago

Have fun with the event!:)

8 years ago

<3 Toasty!

8 years ago

When the last event was hold, I wasn't at a high enough level to join, which was such a pity.

But now I'm level 4 and I believe that I'm eligible to join the event~

Anyway, thanks for holding such a great event!

8 years ago

I'm not sure if you still have a spot but I'd love to join. If not, no hard feelings, I understand :3

Thanks and have a good day :3

8 years ago

+1 for fresh faces!

8 years ago

I would like to join, I hope you give a chance to members like me, who wasn't been in previous events :3

8 years ago

After doing some maths and all, I should be able to giveaway few games, depending how good/bad SteamSale will be.

8 years ago

So, after reading some comments and checking previous event spreadsheets I want to participate. Time to join this party yay. I was unsure last winter as some people may remember. This time I have reserved some money (I plan to spend around $50, not more than $100 though) and have the source of row Steam copies too :) The most exciting part is choosing and discovering new games and winning them of course :D And I'm pretty sure that I can find and provide at least a few interesting games (hidden or not very hidden gems) for the group which can get 30+ entries :) Phase 1 gives a big chance for that as I can see, next one must be pretty hardcore, but well - it's probably a lot of fun :) Oh, and a question about reservations (maybe I missed it) - do you have any time-out after which you should create the GA? Or can you simply reserve the game on the 11th and create GA on the 23-24th (after Steam sale start)?

In short: I'm ready to participate! Would be happy to join the party. My ratio will be better soon as I collected quite a few good games for my event which is going to start in first days of June. Hope to be invited and thanks for reading :3

P.S. I wonder what that magic factor (the one which uses hidden cells for calculation) in spreadsheets mean. Though I have some ideas...

8 years ago*

There is no timer for GA creation (beside that all GAs must be created 2 Days before event ends, no more GAs can be created after that time). But you must also consider that theres loads of GAs in the event so you the best create GAs as soon as possible to give people chance to regenerate points and join your GAs. You can buy them whenever you want, but better create GAs sooner, even if you haven't bought game yet. After you reserved something you cannot back up (unless special circumstances like game got removed from steam), so explanation "I don't want to create GA for XYZ anymore, because it didn't go on sale, I want to switch to ABC" will not work. So again - after you reserve create GA asap, so people have more time to join :>

8 years ago

Thanks. Of course the game will be bought even if there is low/no discount. I'll just wait for Summer sale to maximize efficiency. Also after your comment I realized that actually one can simply create GA at the moment of reservation and then buy it when the sale starts.

8 years ago

one clarification ;) you cannot create Ga wright after reservation, at east for 1st wave of reservations ;|) All GAs must end at the same time and max duration of GA is 30 days ;) 1st raound of reservations happen more than a month before ending time, so you cannot create GAs just right after that ;) But in other things you are right ;) Like I said - make GA as soon as possible, buy game later when it's cheapest ;)

8 years ago

True :) The ASAP approach should work good. If I get invited :D

8 years ago

Finally got around to going through the thread.

I had a blast in the past two events, and will definitely apply again for the New Years event. Sadly, I'm going to have to sit this one out for now. I've got several other things I need to take care of this summer, and I'd rather not take up a spot when I know I won't be able to perform to my potential. Plus, I need to get around to playing those wins from the last two events!

It's exciting to see so many new applicants, and to see some fun competitions heating up already (Student & steffke).

Here's to another great event and I look forward to applying again this winter!

View attached image.
8 years ago*

Awwwww :( Well, looking forward to seeing you during Winter event then! :)

8 years ago

Those two certainly love to fight.

View attached image.
8 years ago

I feel ready to participate in this great event :)

8 years ago

I'd like to participate, if you'll have me again. I think I missed out on the New Year's one, but this time me and my wallet are ready. >:D

8 years ago

+1000 for pixy boy

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Yay for Dr. Pix! +1

8 years ago

Hi, Can I join?

8 years ago

Bump!

8 years ago

Heya! I would like to join :P

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Hello :) can i join? ^^

8 years ago

addd (:

8 years ago

Heh, seems like the group is close to filling up with lots of high potential applicants still waiting. Hopefully I have more of a chance of getting in for the next event.

Good luck guys, enjoy the summer sale~ <3

8 years ago

Simultaneous BUMP !!

View attached image.
View attached image.
8 years ago

Hello :) can i join?

8 years ago

I would like an invite :)

8 years ago

tl;dr
This group is not for you

8 years ago

I have read through this thread (twice just so I was clear) as well as the FAQ. I also took a look at the steamgroup's wishlist and I'm happy to say I have copies of some that I will be able to giveaway if I happen to receive an invite! I also checked the website that shows how many people own certain games and I seem to own quite a few that most of the group do not own. I've been waiting for a group/opportunity like this to unload some of my quality games that I've acquired over the past several months.

I am over level 4, registered just over 3 months ago (back in late February), and have been quite active on SteamGifts (1200+ comments).

Hope you will consider my application!

8 years ago

May i join?

8 years ago

Closed 6 years ago by tragikos.