Update 30 November

Our members have voted and so counting shows that our last 5 members of the group shall be:

• jatan11t
  • chairmankao
  • kangarooster
  • motorkar
  • skanda

Hello again community!
Some of you may already know what this thread is for, so if you do please skip the introduction part, but read the rest:

Group Introduction

First of all you should know that this is not a new group, it was first created during last Chrismas and since then we've had two successful events so far for which you can read further here and here.

The goal of this group is to gather a certain amount of members that will create unique quality giveaways and share them with the rest. The tricky part is that ALL of those giveaways will end at exactly the same time, regardless of the time zone.

For that to work there are some rules to follow:

• Members must comply to SteamGifts rules.
  • Every member must create at least one primary giveaway.
  • Primary giveaways must not be bundled or exploited games and should at least get 1/5 of the group size in entries.
  • Created giveaways must end at a specific time and date which is 1st of January 2014 00:00 UTC (check world event clock for your regional time). Giveaways should be created at least 48 hours before that time.
  • There should be no giveaways for the same game (so that people can't win twice the same game, but multiple copies cause no problems).
  • Primary giveaways should have no Contribution Value requirement.

It's simpler than it looks, the hardest part is for me to organize and make sure people follow the rules.

For those that need more details, you should check on the group's profile here.
Also take a look at our FAQ.

How to enter the group

• You can ask an invitation on this topic, but first read the rest of the bullets.
  • I will not reply to you in this thread if you are accepted or rejected. You will either get an invite, or be contacted in person by me.
  • To avoid having untrustworthy people that could ruin the event for others, there is a restriction of 300$ Contribution Value required for me to consider your application, as well as being a member of this site for at least 3 months.
  • Even if you are eligible due to above requirements, you are not granded to enter, those are just a way to avoid random invitation requests.
  • You should NOT add me on Steam to ask an invite.

What you should also know

• If you haven't read the rules don't apply for this group.
  • Like it or not, there are already people that have had a great course through our last events or/and other similar group's events that will be on priority line. People I know personally and that I trust that they will fullfil the requirements of this group will be prioritized too.
  • People that have been in past events, are not automatically reinvited upon their request.
  • The maximum member cap is 70.
  • Since the creation of this group, there have been some other groups that had similar events. Being in one of those before doesn't grand you entry to this one too.
  • The invitation process is a one man's job, so be patient... (probably no invites in the next few hours)

Few last words

Our last event had 70 members and 250 giveaways created. After the event there was a consolation round for those with no wins where 26 more giveaways were created. Everything went smoothly and I will do my best for things to go well again.

tl;dr

This group is not for you

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I will love to join this event, i will also giveaway games

1 decade ago

tl;dr

1 decade ago

this is the second time you've posted in this thread, and you still haven't learned to read.
(and on that note, it's been fun tagging all the illiterate people here! :D)

1 decade ago

sounds good :) invite please

1 decade ago

dat $300 CV requeriment ._.
happy new year!

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

1 decade ago

It is for people who can't even afford buying games for theirselves...

1 decade ago

says a person owning 225 games on steam including pricy ones like CoD Black Ops or Modern Warfare 3 which never goes on sale ;)

1 decade ago

Gifts exist, did you know that? I have only bought 5 of my games at full price (BO, MW3, Puzzle Agent 1 and 2 and Beat Hazard), all others are from $1 bundles (mostly bought by me), from Steam Gifts or gifts from friends.

1 decade ago

I've been itching to give away some games on Sgifts as it's been far too long. Renew my hope in the community of Sgifts! Let me give some gifts to people worth giving to! =P

1 decade ago

Hey, I'm interested in joining this event!

1 decade ago

Aww I'm late to the party, was without internet for a few days ;_;
May I ask for an invite, if it isn't too late? :/

1 decade ago

+1 for nonos! wb

1 decade ago

+1 for +1ing Nonos!

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

Since I've been a tad too lazy to do puzzley giveaways, I'd love to play Santa instead. That would be me requesting an invite. )

1 decade ago

Me me me. Pick me o/

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

News So far

I have invited 61 people so far so there are about 8 spots left to fill. With the help of our members I've limited the candidates for those members to 18.

Applications will be open until some time tomorrow when I will put those remaining candidates up to a group member voting, so we can choose the last entrants as a group (like we did in our previous event).

1 decade ago

plz add me :)

1 decade ago

pls go awai

1 decade ago

*plz

Come on, you need to spell it more incorrectly.

1 decade ago

I'd like an invite, have some games I think would be perfect for this! :)

1 decade ago

i will like to be invited and i will do many giveaways

1 decade ago

yeah - both your profile and reading skils back up your comment nicely.

1 decade ago

It's the third time he's posted here. I'm nominating him for everyone's blacklists!

1 decade ago

I would love to join the group.
I don't have the 300$ contribution value though... but I already have the game to giveaway, it's a recent one, is 50 points one and is rare to see on steamgifts.
I can give more information in private.

1 decade ago

You're too late, someone is giving away their soul, worth 75 points. You need to increase your bribe.

1 decade ago

I'm sure there are more qualified candidates, but I'll ask anyways. Maybe I'll get lucky, who knows.

1 decade ago

I guess I could always get in on this :D

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

Crap. Looks like those slots are dwindling away without an invite for me. But even I have to say that Myz would be a fantastic contributor to this group. This guy's awesome. Admin would be making a mistake by not inviting him.

(Damn you, Myz! You couldn't stay away for another 24 hours?)

1 decade ago

+1, same situation, but I would definitely choose myz over myself.

1 decade ago

+1.5

1 decade ago

+1.6, same statement: I would choose myz over myself too :D

1 decade ago

I think it's awesome that you guys are all volunteering to step aside and let me and Myz in. I think that's really generous. And I tell you what: We accept! We would never be so rude as to toss this gesture back in your face.

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

+1

lol tragikos will have his head explode with these late applications :D

1 decade ago

I'd like to join this party :)

1 decade ago

I'd like an invite please. And dont forget to invite Myzery first ;)

1 decade ago

I would like an invitation as well, if possible.

1 decade ago

News So far

Number 65 to be invited was Myzery.

Now there is a list of 20 people from this topic that will given to our members so they can vote in private and choose the last 5 members of this event. I will update the thread with the last 5 chosen when the voting ends.

So there is no point in requesting an invite from now on, sorry. Who knows, there may be a place for you in our next event :)

Thank you all!

No more spots left

1 decade ago

What about our right? Are there spots remaining? :P

On serious note: have fun with it. ^^

1 decade ago

Everybody in this enjoy it, was fun for me partaking in this group earlier in the year.

1 decade ago

@tragikos

Sorry again tragikos, you said to me that if I create a similar group, "it should not overlapping this group's event(s)." It means that i can't create events like this before the end of this year? Or I can, for example, create an event that have an end on 25th of December? In addition, if I can't create nothing before the end of your event, can i create it with DIFFERENT MEMBERS? So who joined into your event can't participate into my event and viceversa. I said this because you've already all the members you want, i don't want to hinder you in any way.

Thanks in advance. Tell me what I can do. :)

1 decade ago

I repeat: I cannot force you do anything, you are free to do as you wish.

To answer your questions: the reason I personally don't like it when there is another similar group having an event at the same time is that if there are members participating in both groups, then they might split their giveaways to those groups. That would lead in both groups having less giveaways than they could. It's better for me if members focus their attention to one event at a time.

One of the reasons I decided I didn't want to have many events throughout the year is that members, like I do, usually have a limited amount of money to spend on giveaways.

To sum up: You can do whatever you want. But if I you have to make a similar event around this time of the year then have it end at least one week earlier or after our event does. Having you not include members of this group would be unfair to them. It's their choice if they want to participate in two groups.

1 decade ago

News So far

Our members have voted and so counting shows that our last 5 members of the group shall be:

• jatan11t
  • chairmankao
  • kangarooster
  • motorkar
  • skanda

For those that didn't make it don't hold a grudge, there will be more events to follow.

On a side note, there are already 160+ giveaways reserved in 2 days. This must be a high score for our events!

1 decade ago

Ah well, maybe next time!

1 decade ago

thank <3

1 decade ago

OMG did I just miss this, man i thought old members will be informed about :(

1 decade ago

If you have another opening I would be interested an happy to join.

1 decade ago

I'd love to participate on something like that but of course it's too late now, and I don't have that much CV.

Good luck to those who enter though!

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by tragikos.