Update 9th February

Our new record is now set to 1711 unique giveaways and over 1840 gifts sent. We didn't even need to have a consolation round since everyone had decent wins. This was probably our best event so far!

Update 29th November

We broke our previous record of 1k giveaways and now have 1028 unique giveaway reservations and 4 weeks to go untill the end of the event!

Update 28th November

Teasing for those interested in future events, we already have over 590 unique giveaway reservations. 500 of them were reserved in less than an hour which sets another record of the highest rate of reservations in any of our past events.

Created 18th November

Hello again community!
Some of you may already know what this thread is for, so if you do please skip the introduction part, but read the rest:

Group Introduction

First of all you should know that this is not a new group, it was first created during Chrismas 2012 and since then we've had six successful events:

The group's stats page can give you a glimpse of that success.

So it is obvious by the repetition pattern, that we operate close and during big Steam Sales. The goal of this group is to gather a certain amount of members that will create unique quality giveaways and share them with the rest. The tricky part is that ALL of those giveaways will end at exactly the same time, regardless of the time zone.

For that to work there are some rules to follow:

• Members must comply to SteamGifts rules.
  • Every member must create at least one primary giveaway.
  • Primary giveaways must not be bundled or exploited games and should at least get 1/5 of the group size in entries.
  • Created giveaways must end at a specific time and date and that is on 1st of January 2016 00:00 UTC. Giveaways should be created at least 48 hours before that time.
  • There should be no giveaways for the same game (so that people can't win the same game twice, but multiple copies cause no problems).
  • Primary giveaways should have no Contribution Value requirement.
  • All giveaways must be region free.

It's simpler than it looks, the hardest part is for me to organize and make sure people follow the rules.

For those that need more details, you should check on the group's profile here.
Also take a look at our FAQ.

How to enter the group

• You must ask for an invitation on this topic, but first read the rest of the bullets.
  • I will not reply to you in this thread nor if you are accepted or rejected. You will either get an invite, or be contacted in person by me.
  • To avoid having untrustworthy people that could ruin the event for others, there is a restriction of level 4 or higher required for me to consider your application, as well as being a member of this site for at least 3 months.
  • Even if you are eligible due to above requirements, you are not granted to enter, those are just a way to avoid random invitation requests.
  • You should NOT add me on Steam to ask an invite.

What you should also know

• If you haven't read the rules don't apply for this group.
  • Like it or not, there are already people that have had a great course through our last events that will be on priority line. People I know personally and that I trust that they will fullfil the requirements of this group will be prioritized too.
  • People that have been in past events, are not automatically reinvited upon their request.
  • The maximum member cap is 70, but this could be lowered if not enough applicants meet the group's standards.
  • The invitation process is an one man's job, so be patient... (probably no invites in the next few hours)

What's the group's timeline

(read this if you get to be a member of this group)

• [Cleaning group phase] All previous members are asked to leave the group. Those who fail to do so are kicked. This is done so that only those re-interested apply here and probably get reinvited.
  • [Recruitment phase I] First there is the recruitment phase where I put up this topic and gather applications and send out invites. Minimum duration 5 days.
  • [Recruitment phase II] When we reach 65 members the last 5 will be picked from a list of 20 remaining applicants by votes of those 65 members.
  • [Reservation phase] A giveaways topic will be created were you can only reserve the giveaway(s) you plan to make, no giveaway creation yet. This phase will probably last at least 1 week and will start before and close to the date of the Steam Sale. For the first 3 days, you will only be able to reserve 1 giveaway. After the first 3 days reservations will be unlimited.
  • [Giveaways creation phase] You can start creating your giveaways ending at that specified time.
  • [No more giveaways phase] 48 hours before the giveaways ending time, the giveaways topic will be locked and I will check if members fullfilled the rules. If needed there will be kicks (hasn't happened so far).
  • [Happy winners phase] Giveaways have ended and most of us feel happy with their wins.

Few last words

Our last event had 60 members and 1017 unique giveaways (average of 17 giveaways per member, which means also an average of 17 wins per member). Everyone won something, but still the unluckiest seven got 1 extra game from their wishlist as "compensation" on behalf of many of our members who donated the amount needed. Everything went smoothly and I will do my best for things to go well again.

tl;dr

This group is not for you

8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Applying sun cream there

8 years ago

Want to be invite.

8 years ago

I'd like to enter =w=

8 years ago

as it is an event purely about giving - your ratio ain't the best :/

8 years ago

But I wanna make it up, I hope my attitude is better than the ratio :3
Got my gift ready already.

8 years ago

well - my personal opinion is that as far as it's great you're willing to make it up, you should make it up in the first place - then ask for "rewards" (always seen Simgiv as form of community-reward ;p).

Also keep in mind that having a gift ready is not really enough to join this group. Heck you may have 30 gifts ready and in the end someone will reserve these GAs before you and you end up having nothing prepared (yes it happened in the past ;p), so just ya know ;) generally everyone willing to join have gifts and spare money ready for an event - it's a base requirement, not a pro to your application ;)

Still - I just state my personal opinion - not doing recruitment, so maybe you'll get in.

8 years ago

The gift sentence is just a "By the way".
Thanks for the opinion though.
:P

8 years ago

I have spare money :)

8 years ago

you're a different case. he - i'm giving my personal opinion, but will go with what the group decides. you? if you'd join it would probably mean 90% of group leaving - because we're not allowed to join if we have other group members blacklisted :>

8 years ago

Really? Cause one of the people who will get in or already got in has me on his blacklist. What happens if I get in too?

8 years ago

If anyone is on a blacklist they are removed for the duration of the event, after the event it is up to the discretion of the person to add them back to the blacklist or not.

8 years ago

Ahh, makes sense, thanks for the info :)

8 years ago

What Zel said. All those blacklists you got onto would be a problem. And you can't say there wasn't a reason for it.

8 years ago

Would love to join!

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

8 years ago

Why not? :(

8 years ago

you should very well know why ;)

8 years ago

Seriously, I didn't activate, 8 games, I activated them within a few hours. I really don't know the big fuss?

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

No I was planning on activating them, I had not been on my computer in a few hours, now have a perfect record since and don't see why you can't just move on with life?

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

I know the consequences, that is why I was banned until activation.

8 years ago

that is one consequences - other is that you made quite a fuss on SG and it's not something ppl will forget - and because of that they may not want you in their groups and events - simple as that :>

8 years ago

you are changing your story again - last time you had no HDD space to activate them ;p

Also - if it would be few hours you wouldn't get suspended - it would have to been 7 days since Ga ended and you didn't activate to get suspended for that game activation. And yours not activated weren't few hours long but rather weeks long - so you were not at your PC all these weeks and coundln't activate any of them? :>

8 years ago

He really said that? You don't need any HHD space to activate games on your Steam account lol.

8 years ago

That's why it was so funny to hear those excuses..

8 years ago

Seriously - you didn't activate more than 8 games, you did so only after you got caught, yet before then you also shown your true colors - when caught you pulled the most stupid lie imaginable - that you don't ahve enough HDD space and Steam wouldn't allow you to activate these games because of that ;p

Not to mention your other schemes - like your whitelist4whitelist thread, your tremor reflink spamming - both on Sg and in groups, your group spamming schemes on Steam, your duplicate/fake never delivered keys for Featured GA... should I continue or is it enough? :>

8 years ago

The whitelist4whitelist was never against the rules, cg only made that against the rules after seeing it.
I make featured giveaways with 100% working keys

8 years ago

@whitelist4whitelist - closed by cg himself. quote: "Closed. Please don't create discussions asking to be whitelisted."
@100% keys - yeah, sure :> http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/NIuHR/time-ramesside-a-new-reckoning - plus anyone can hover over your profile's Gift's Sent and see 33 Not Received :>

So long story short - you are beggar, non-activator, liar, spammer, reflinker and you have a history of not delivering games to the winners. So why would you be let in into any event/group? Because after you got caught you agreed to activate games you didn't inted to before that? ;p

8 years ago

We can stop, now.

8 years ago

Don't forget that he also posted a fake screenshot from sgtools at first xD
I really hope no one ever forgets about that guy -_-

Oh and it were 13 games.

8 years ago

Yup. That lame tries to weasel out are enough for him to stay subscribed to my list. One thing you must admit - persistent little bugger is he ) which is good (but not for him)

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

-1 ÂŹ. ÂŹ

8 years ago

I would like to join if you are willing to have me.

8 years ago

I'd love to giveaway something for New Year's Eve.

8 years ago

I can give it a shot. Might be hella lot busy considering exams from next week (Shelving my next puzzle train because of that), but I'm sure I can spare the time to get a few GAs ready.

8 years ago*

I'm a little scared by the supposed "bloodbath," but I'd be capable of contributing a few decent games. (~$25 worth, most likely)

8 years ago*

I'd like to enter this event as well! I hope I qualify ...

8 years ago

Wow so many applications. I'd like to join too if there's a spot for me.

8 years ago

So... You mean I should reply here for some reason, right? :D

Random pic:

View attached image.
8 years ago

Και η Ελλαδάρα στα steamgifts; ;P Καλή επιτυχία με το event.

8 years ago

Have you guys thought of making another group due to the popularity. Seems unfair that so many will be left out because they are not "popular".

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago*

Please don't say the +1's from so many popular users don't help. Even if it's said it doesn't, it helps on some degree.

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

If there's enough to catch your eye, they help. Anyways, I respect your opinion and am not gonna say anymore. Probably got myself on some people's blacklist now...

8 years ago

also - well kinda not fair to expect from group staff to do double the work just because someone want to be in a group as well. If you feel like it organize your own event for ppl not invited, or gather some folks and organize it together instead of expecting tragi and group mods do the work for you ;p

8 years ago

i didn't ask the mods to double their workload. how about have one of the mods head a 2nd similar group. They wouldn't be involved with the 1st group too much.

It would be nice to have someone from the elite group head a group like this, that way it would make it more legit.

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

A general Christmas event will still happen. I imagine I'll give some stuff there as well.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 years ago.

8 years ago*

Actually I was part of this event in the far past, but couldn't continue in the next one due to personal reasons.

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

I did well enough. I don't know what the group is like now, like I said, I was part of the first or 2nd event I don't know what the group is like now, I must say I also applied to the last event but had no luck, and this one is turning out the same. Also, I doubt you are keeping track of which current members had a bunch of +1's and which didn't. Please don't say popularity doesn't play into it, because it does.

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Kondratizator and zamek I can see getting in because they are well known. I believe I was in this event or a similar one with them in the past. I could only take your word for who is in isn't, since I don't actually know who is in it.

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Where did you find the stats for the other events? I could only find the 2012 stats. I may admit, it wasn't this group that I did join, but I remember being a part of tragiko's event in the past. I would like to see the other stats for the other events to confirm for sure, but I can't find them.

I take offence to you saying I haven't been in an event like this while I have clearly taken part in an event like this or this one, i'd have to see the stats to remember if I was under another name. But come, attack me some more and protect your position, all the while all I did was make a suggestion to open the event to more people and have a lot of happy people.

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

It seems I wasn't part of this particular group in the past, so I apologize for making that mistake. I was part of a similar group(s) and a lot of the members in this group also took part in the ones I was in. Doesn't change the fact that the majority of the members are popular or involved with popular giveaway groups. That's fine, it's how the world works.

8 years ago*

not really - as stated in this comment 18/70 group members, so over 25%, are new faces - people who never were in Simgive event before but they made impression good enough to get invited.

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Oh, I already know I'm not getting in. I think I've made that clear.

8 years ago

As others have said, lots of "popular" people get left out, and some get in despite flying under the radar. If you want another group event, host one. Lots of people do exactly that.

8 years ago

Few years ago there was 1-2 other, similar events. But don't know what happened to people who organized those...

8 years ago

Aye, there was Insane's event and some other one.

8 years ago

I am willing to give it a try. I am in a locked region but still have a few RoW gifts. And I could always get some more I guess.

8 years ago

Moist to enter.

8 years ago

Heya mate, can I be considered for a spot?:)

Thanks

8 years ago

with this ratio? -1 from me :(

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Poor manners from me but I think I've changed my mind - this year I want in!

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

If trisetea says yes then it's a +1 from me :)

8 years ago

Wait what, I did not see that coming.

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Hey now I resemble that remark!

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

Happy to see you've changed your mind. D

8 years ago

+1 for Khuuuuuuuneeeeeee <3

8 years ago

count me in

8 years ago

I considered joining but I don't know to be honest. From what I've heard about the previous event there was a huge pressure on people who "made less giveaways than others" and I never liked such pressure even though most of the time I do give away good/rare games which don't have big discounts and get a lot of entries but still... would feel constant pressure. I remember it wasn't the case in the SimGiv events I was participating in. I don't know, maybe some people just overract and exaggerate but that's what I've heard. And I really don't know how much money I'll have for December. I would do a few giveaways at least, as always for sure cause I always do my best to please people with giveaways (you can see my profile that I do give away games rarely discounted/not bundled) so I think I would do just fine but the pressure...

If you're willing to put your faith in me Trag I'd love to join but it's up to you. I can only promise to do my best like in the previous events.

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Mate, last time I made far less then average giveaways, yet concentrated on their quality and gained pretty high entries counts on those.
Never in my experience with this group (I believe I only missed the very first event) did I feel any pressure from other SimGivers - it's a community that loves to have fun with each other, and that is what matters.

I don't do +1s, but you have my support.

8 years ago

Thanks a lot Twinch :)

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 8 months ago.

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Thanks Student! :D

8 years ago

That is kind of unfair to the group hust. There are 60-70 people on group and it's normal that not everyone bears the same mentality on how they should behave. Some members indeed expressed their annoyance that few other members seemingly entered everything they could find without "holding" themselves. We had that resolved though and I made my self clear on what to expect from our members and restraining yourself when entering our group's giveaways is not one of them. There are hundreds of them anyway and I like to see them have lots of entries. There is no ratio requirement and there will not be any, regarding group's giveaways.

The reason this happened on last event which you missed, is the fact that we had stats on the exact number of entries per person.

8 years ago

I didn't want to attack the group or anything so sorry if it seemed that way. Just spoke my mind about what I've heard but thanks for clearing that up, makes perfect sense :)

8 years ago

Thats cool.

I wholeheartedly believe steamgifts RNG is broken. (I've won 3 out of 3 giveaways, at least three times now, of particular persons giveaways).
(which I didn't expect, makes me feel sort of bad I win sometimes).

8 years ago

Somebody mentioned stats. Here they are. I was going to say more, but see that tragikos touched on all the relevant points already.

8 years ago

Thanks Per3zat!

8 years ago

+1 for main bae hustl

8 years ago

+1

You have my support because I know from past giveaways that you prefer quality over quantity. Some people went crazy, last time, and made upwards of 20+ giveaways. Unfortunately, there were some games that didn't even get a single entry. As you well know, there are plenty of games to be given away that won't break the bank. New indie games and/or games the group has yet to discover draw lots of entries. Since you're the kind of person who likes to deliver games the group wants to play, I'd love to have you back. )

8 years ago*

Thanks a lot for the kind words Khalaq :)

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

I'd love to join in for some new year fun!

8 years ago

Well folks sorry for the filtering stage taking me so long, I have to admit I didn't expect that much enthusiasm and so many worthy new applicants.

To new comers

If you haven't been invited yet it doesn't mean you were rejected, it's just that I need to prioritize on worthy veterans and many of those still haven't applied even though I know they want in. Probably they haven't seen the topic yet. I'm itchy on instant inviting some of you, but seeing all this interest I'm holding myself.

To veterans

I'm constantly going over the posts but I'm also kinda busy with real life situations, hopefully I might have only missed your application (like tristetea last time) but will get there.

There are currently 45 members (including mods) invited so 15 spots left for the 60 member cap or 25 spots for the 70 member cap. You needn't worry!

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Thanks for the update! Can't wait to see if I'm picked.

8 years ago

Yep, thank you for the update. Checking Steam several times a day even when on work hoping to find an invitation. Having my fingers crossed :)

8 years ago

Thanks for the info hope to get in=]

8 years ago

I'd love to be a part of it again - it's always thrilling to see which games will appear through the event ... =)

8 years ago

The wizard is back!

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

I've been busy due to work, I'm glad that tragikos gave me a heads-up =)
This event is going to be awesome :D

8 years ago

+1

I'm with Tristetea. I've been waiting and waiting for you to show up. D

8 years ago

Thank you =)

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Oh Oh! Pick me please teacher I'm ever so smart! That and I really want to start getting involved in more communities around here!

8 years ago

You may count me in. Giveaways are not restricted to steam purchases right?

Edit: As it seems I can't buy from steam neither with Paypal nor with cc

Edit2: Apparently adding the debit card in Paypal works for Steam buys. Go figure

8 years ago*

Deleted

8 years ago

Remember me, Eddie? When I was part of this the last time I talked... JUST... LIKE.... THIIIIIS!

(Don't watch this, it'll give you nightmares. I hope I'm not too late with the warning.)

It's been a year. Still not entering GAs. If that's no problem, I'd like to help break the record once more.

8 years ago

+1 :D:

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

+1 for rudey nudey

8 years ago

This guy has the balls of steel. Tomato council approves this guy.

8 years ago

+1

So many late, late veterans.... P

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago*

+1 for sure Nudiustertian needs in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1 the Nudist.

8 years ago

Closed 6 years ago by tragikos.