Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

rewatched dersu uzala

8 months ago

Amazing movie

8 months ago

The great wall.

8 months ago

Talk to Me (2022)

got dawned to it from the song "le monde" and decided to check it out since it was listed beside. the concept couldve worked but they butchered it. the characters were one dimensional, dry "humor," and reacted to possessions/situations in an uncanny way. watched chunks of it in 2x-3x speed and it was still painful. there's some vaguely disturbing scenes but one in particular really stood out and made the movie somewhat emotional. id say if you want to check it out to watch clips instead and save your time. 4.5/10

8 months ago*

Carry On Jack (1964)

British comedy film. It’s about a clumsy midshipman who faces various challenges on a British frigate during the Napoleonic Wars. This one also feels pretty different. It's the first one with a historical setting and only three of the regulars (Kenneth Williams, Charles Hawtrey and Jim Dale) are in this. It's also the second after Carry On Sergeant (1958) with a prominent Doctor Who actor in it. In the first one it was William Hartnell, in this one the late Bernard Cribbins (it's actually quite cool to see him young when you only know him as an old man in Doctor Who). So yeah, again despite not really feeling like a Carry On movie (again due to the fact that it wasn't originally planned as one) it was a good comedy, so I can recommend it.

8 months ago*

You Were Never Really Here

Still amazing on a rewatch.

8 months ago

Carry On Spying (1964)

British spy comedy film. It's about an incompetent bunch of secret agents. This one marks Barbara Windsor's first appearance (who would become a regular), and another appearance for a few people who'd only be in a few of these movies (2nd of 3 for Bernard Cribbins, 3rd of 4 for Eric Barker and 2nd of 4 for Dilys Laye). Another actress I recognized was Judith Furse, who played Sister Briony in the great Black Narcissus (1947). Also, this was the last black and white Carry On movie, so the rest will all be in colour. It also happened to be the first James Bond parody movie ever made. Overall this was a good spy comedy, so I can recommend it.

8 months ago*

Dream Scenario (2023)

Very good film. A must for Nicholas Cage lovers and haters alike. It gets pretty dark and uncomfortable, but it's also really funny in places.

8 months ago

Carry On Cleo (1964)

British historical comedy film. It’s about two British slaves who escape from Rome and join forces with Caesar to overthrow Cleopatra and Mark Antony. A lot of the regulars are in this one and also Jon Pertwee (who of course famously played the Third Doctor in Doctor Who) in the first of his four appearances in the series. Of course there are a lot of inaccuracies in this movie, but it's a comedy so it's not that big of a deal. Overall this was a good historical comedy so I can recommend it.

8 months ago*

Carry On Cowboy (1965)

British comedy Western film. It’s about a British plumber who becomes a sheriff in a wild west town and faces off against a notorious outlaw and his gang. First one featuring future regulars Peter Butterworth and Bernard Bresslaw and also the most American one so far with most of the actors doing an American accent, for better or worse. But overall it's a good Western comedy so I can recommend it.

8 months ago*

Carry On Screaming! (1966)

British comedy horror film. It's about a policeman who investigates the disappearances of women in the woods where he encounters a strange family living in a manor in the middle of the woods who are dealing in quite unethical practices. This was the one that made me aware of the Carry On movies, so it was also one I was quite excited for. And as it turns out, it's overall a good horror comedy, so I can recommend it.

8 months ago*

Next Goal Wins

Disappointing,Taika Waititi used to be so good but I guess fame and success went to his head after those cringe Thor movies. His own cameo in this movie is painfully unfunny. Underdog sports movies are lazy in general but this one has a cynical edge next to laziness. The dramatic parts are so underdeveloped and unearned in the emotion they're trying to pull and clash hard with the movie's overall tone. Some bits are genuinely funny but they are spread too thin. The humour about the trans player felt like watching a 'comedy' from 2007,not 2023.

8 months ago

I've heard that the 2014 documentary (with the same name) this is based on is actually a lot better.

8 months ago

It probably is.

8 months ago

Godzilla minus one.

Catched the time spirit great as far as I know my history.
Also great character growth, something many movies have been lacking in my opinion the last years.

8 months ago

Carry On Don't Lose Your Head (1967)

British swashbuckling comedy film. It’s about two English noblemen who rescue French aristocrats from the guillotine during the French Revolution. This was first conceived as not a part of the series and was originally released as Don't Lose Your Head without the Carry On part. But because the series continued being so popular the prefix was later added. Also, I like consistency, so I'm just using the Carry On name anyway. Overall this is a good swashbuckling comedy so I can recommend it.

8 months ago*

The Ninth Gate (1999)

American-French-Spanish neo-noir horror thriller film. Rewatched this yesterday and it's still very good.

8 months ago

Carry On Follow That Camel (1967)

British comedy film. It’s about a British gentleman and his servant who join the French Foreign Legion to escape a scandal, and end up in a series of misadventures with a scheming sergeant, a beautiful spy, and a rebellious sheikh. Just like the previous entry, this was also first released without the Carry On prefix, which was then later added. On top of the regular cast this movie also featured American comedian Phil Silvers, who was very well known for his Seargent Bilko character at the time. Overall it was a good comedy, so I can recommend it.

8 months ago*

Morbius (2022)

Jared Leto could have been a good Morbius. The cast was good. Sadly, the rest is not. Story, character development, plot holes (Cygnus X-1 size), not good enough nemesis, plot, and did I mention the plot? Well, things don't make much sense after a certain point, and for movies there's a certain point-of-no-return where they try to fix things with, for example, a great epic ending, but the wreckage is already unstoppable, and it just adds gasoline to the flames. So, story bad, ending is the last nail in the coffin.

So superhero likers will not like the movie, Morbius powers seem to be quite undefined (except the Daredevil-esque one), and as an origin story it's terrible. Vampire likers will not like the movie, since it's not really that vampiresque either. Action likers will see a few sequences which, if they could been well edited to be good and according to their superpowers (like in Man of Steel when S fights the kryptons in Smallville for the first time) could have had a nice time, but there are too few and too short action scenes, and the choreography and editing is just bad.

And after the movie ends, we have not one, but two cliffhangers pointing to two possible things in a sequel that will probably not be made, and I hope this Morbius version is not in a Spiderman movie.

Regardless of all I said, it's not really that terrible. Has some good moments too, but about halfway into the movie you just stop caring and you hope some miracle happens or, at least, that the movie ends. I voted it in iMDB with a five (which is just below decent, as the average score from 1 to 10 is not 5, but 5.5).

8 months ago

it was not morbin time :(

8 months ago

Carry On Doctor (1967)

British comedy film. It's about a group of eccentric patients who cause chaos in a hospital and try to save their beloved doctor from being fired. This one feels a lot like Carry On Nurse (1959), the second movie in the series, and in fact there even are a few references to it. Overall it's a good comedy so I can recommend it.

8 months ago*

Carry On Up the Khyber (1968)

British comedy film. It’s about a British governor and his regiment trying to stop a rebellion in colonial India, while facing a scandal involving their kilts and underpants. Overall this is a good comedy so I can recommend it.

8 months ago*

Carry On Camping (1969)

British comedy film. It’s about two men who take their girlfriends to a nudist camp, only to find out it’s a regular family campsite. This is definitely the raunchiest entry into the series so far. Overall this is a good comedy, so I can recommend it.

8 months ago*

Carry On Again Doctor (1969)

British comedy film. It's about a disgraced doctor who finds a weight loss potion on a remote island and returns to England to make a fortune, but faces trouble from his rivals and the potion's inventor. This one's also very raunchy, having some nudity in it again. It was also the last Carry On appearance for Jim Dale for quite a long time, 23 years to be exact. Overall this was a good comedy so I can recommend it.

8 months ago*

Carry On Up the Jungle (1970)

British adventure comedy film. It’s about a group of explorers who venture into the African jungle, where they face various challenges and dangers, such as a cannibal tribe and a hidden civilization of Amazon women. No Kenneth Williams in this one, but we finally have Kenneth Connor back. Also, I'm pretty sure that this was a direct inspiration for the Futurama Snu Snu episode. There are just too many similarities for it to be a coincidence. Overall this is a good adventure comedy, so I can recommend it.

8 months ago*

Going through the entire franchise, I see.

8 months ago

Yep. :D

8 months ago

High Noon (1952)

Holds up surprisingly well despite cheesy romanticism.

8 months ago

Ace Ventura (1994)

Got it on vhs along with two other big fuckin boxes of movies.

8 months ago

That movie is 30 years old now? Fucking hell...

8 months ago

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

New Zealand-American epic fantasy adventure film. Rewatched this yesterday at the cinema. I've seen these movies countless times. Not so much since 2018, but before that pretty much every year. Of course always the Special Extended Editions. But I was just a bit too young to watch them at the cinema when they came out. My dad's godson, who's two years older than me, watched the third one at the cinema back then. But yeah, I was just a bit too young, so I missed out. But they're showing them again at the cinema now, so that's a chance I couldn't pass on. (Also, I think I complained about my cinema here not showing them when someone else watched the trilogy at the cinema some time last year and posted it here.) And I gotta say, it's such a different experience on the big screen. I love it! So yeah, if you can go and (re-)watch these movies at the cinema, you should definitely do that. Highly recommended!

8 months ago

Taking a break from the Carry On franchise, I see. Also, I DO hope you saw the directors cut.

8 months ago

Not really taking a break from it, just watching something extra. And I would've watched the theatrical LotR too, but luckily they're screening the extended versions.

8 months ago

The 5th Indiana Jones I think.

8 months ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.